Adrian Newey Leaves Red Bull Racing

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Vanja #66

Adrian Newey Leaves Red Bull Racing

This is a topic for all discussions related to Newey leaving RBR. Where he goes, how much of an influence he has, will have, how much money etc
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#Aerogimli
#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

organic

Re: Adrian Newey Leaves Red Bull Racing

Formu1a uno https://formu1a.uno/it/newey-ferrari-ma ... -la-firma/
the explosion of internal struggle drastically changed Adrian Newey's position, creating an opportunity that Maranello did not want to miss,
Ferrari's offer is therefore more valid than ever and is, at the moment, the only one seriously taken into consideration by the English designer who would thus make his landing in Maranello, after a very long courtship, which resulted in several rejections, forming what would be - on paper - a real dream team . A contract that would see him linked to the Italian team as a super consultant , a sort of Rory Byrne but much more present which, coupled with the idea of ​​working for Ferrari, seem to have convinced the English engineer, so much so that, according to the latest information collected, only the signature would be missing .

Spacepace

I'm thinking that the power train isn't up to for 2026. He doesn't want to have to deal with that again

Hoffman900
Hoffman900

I think he’s retired. He has plenty of other sticks in the fire; sailing, vintage racing, etc. and that’s what he plays with going forward.

ScottB
ScottB

Ferrari or retirement surely. He's referenced before regretting not working with Ferrari and Hamilton, the wider team is on a bit of an upswing and has the potential to compete from the start of '26.

Aston, on paper, is a challenge he's already done (midfield team owned by a rich guy that wants to win), while Alonso is there (another regret), surely one of the cars being wasted on Lance counts against it...

Ultimately he's 65, so a long project doesn't make much sense. Couple years consulting for Ferrari before he finally sails off in his yacht would be my thinking!

Watto
Watto

Saward on Twitter saying the RB17 is pretty much finished and this is just the gardening leave. He’s also leaning more towards AM over Ferarri if he was to go anywhere a grain of salt but who knows

Mogster

I suspect the Agnellis will be opening their cheque book. The only question is if Newey wants to commit to long periods in Italy.

Luscion
Luscion

Ferrari is in talks with Adrian Newey. The news that Vasseur was in contact is true.

But the agreement has not been signed yet.

I think Newey will wait a while longer before making his decision.

Seanspeed
Seanspeed

There's gonna be so many different rumors swirling around all this. I'm just gonna sit and wait til something more concrete comes out before getting overly excited about anything.

Paa

Hoffman900 wrote:
01 May 2024, 14:41
I think he’s retired. He has plenty of other sticks in the fire; sailing, vintage racing, etc. and that’s what he plays with going forward.
If just retirement, then why would they announce it now? They could simply do it nicely at end of the season with probably an other wdc&wcc in the bag.

My feeling is that he is not decided yet, but wanted to announce he will be free so he can consider his options.

Zynerji

The real question, is do you shield him from the Formula 1 tech at this point? I mean, you can't be afraid that he's going to sabotage the RB20, and he is definitely taking all of the info with him anyway (in his head).

How to maximize what you have left of the human resource is going to be a big test for Horner.

Vanja #66

Newey chose Ferrari: the background to the negotiation

https://www-formulapassion-it.translate ... r_pto=wapp

Formula Passion is fairly serious, does not share made up speculation.

“I believe the time has come to pass the baton to others and seek new challenges for myself. ” Those words from Adrian Newey in the press release that made his farewell to Red Bull official were not accidental. Adrian Newey's new challenge will be in Maranello, in Ferrari. FormulaPassion.it can reveal, through qualified sources, that the path to the brilliant British designer's arrival at the Prancing Horse is now clear.
There's also talk of Vasseur going to London before Miami earlier this week
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#Aerogimli
#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

taperoo2k
taperoo2k

Watto wrote:
01 May 2024, 14:57
Saward on Twitter saying the RB17 is pretty much finished and this is just the gardening leave. He’s also leaning more towards AM over Ferarri if he was to go anywhere a grain of salt but who knows
I respect Saward, but he did say last week he wouldn't believe Newey was leaving until Newey announced it. But you don't extract somebody out of a contract in a week. Eddie Jordan has played a blinder in extracting Newey from his Red Bull contract. He's free to start work at an F1 team in 2025 If I've read things correctly.
'He also revealed that his departure had been handled by former F1 team boss Eddie Jordan, who Newey described as his “close friend and manager”.

Jordan and Newey have succeeded in pulling off a major coup in extricating the designer from a contract that ran to the end of 2025 and included a 12-month “non-compete” clause which should have meant he was not available to any other team until 2027 at the earliest.'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/articles/cv2rd53gnr6o

This will have taken a few weeks to negotiate. Sky Sports F1 are saying AM sources believe Newey is leaning towards Ferrari and they won't get him. So, it's anyone's guess at this point.
Paa wrote:
01 May 2024, 16:03
Hoffman900 wrote:
01 May 2024, 14:41
If just retirement, then why would they announce it now? They could simply do it nicely at end of the season with probably an other wdc&wcc in the bag.

My feeling is that he is not decided yet, but wanted to announce he will be free so he can consider his options.
Probably because Newey might have already signed on the dotted line with a new team, and Red Bull would want to put their spin on things. As it's the anniversary of Senna's death today, I'd expect nothing to be officially confirmed by Newey today on what he's doing next.

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

Mogster wrote:
01 May 2024, 15:12
I suspect the Agnellis will be opening their cheque book. The only question is if Newey wants to commit to long periods in Italy.
Entirely possible to act in a consulting role and do it much of it remotely if desired. But a month now and then in a nice Tuscan villa in order to be close to the factory would hardly be a huge sacrifice. Especially if Mrs Newey fancies the idea of it.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

organic

Just_a_fan wrote:
01 May 2024, 17:14
Mogster wrote:
01 May 2024, 15:12
Entirely possible to act in a consulting role and do it much of it remotely if desired. But a month now and then in a nice Tuscan villa in order to be close to the factory would hardly be a huge sacrifice. Especially if Mrs Newey fancies the idea of it.
Yup. He was already working mostly remotely for RB