2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
CaribouBread
CaribouBread

Re: 2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

organic wrote:
01 May 2024, 13:31
Eddie Jordan (friend and manager to Adrian Newey) says that
Remember that he's been in Red Bull under constant pressure, so if he's gonna take time out and just cruise for a while, everyone would understand that. That's probably more likely to see rather diving into any other possible employment career."

"Things have slightly changed (...) he probably should and would look to the future about a change of life."

Is Eddie speaking as Eddie, friend of Newey or Eddie, Newey's Manager? Not to say that Newey's manager would be unreliable, but there'd definitely be some narrative building going on around the whole thing. Right off of contract negotiations and what not, we can't really be sure what is being said for what purpose.

In any case what Jordan is saying is comepletly reasonable either way.

Vanja #66

Let's move all Newey-related discussions to the appropriate thread just created --> viewtopic.php?t=31720

Please continue there, thank you!

Newey's definitely not a Ferrari employee, so let's focus on Ferrari team 2024, thank you!
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#Aerogimli
#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

codetower

organic wrote:
01 May 2024, 04:18
I wonder how the tifosi will react when ham has his off-weekends for Ferrari. If it's anything like it is for Sainz it will be a fiery thread.
We'll be fine. The issue wasn't just about Sainz having a bad day, it was all the noise that his off days (or even more on some levels, Charles' off days) would bring. More-so from the Spanish media, and Carlos' fans themselves. You've seen them here, they pop in to simply troll and "stir the pot". Hamilton is coming in a 7 time world champion. Sainz came in after being in F! about 5 years, with 0 wins, 0 pole positions, I think 2 podiums in his entire career, and the attitude among some was that he should be getting preferential treatment. It's the noise that rubbed us the wrong way, not the occasional off day. Plus, at times it seemed as if he was racing for team Sainz, not team Ferrari. Hamilton may do that, but again, he's accomplished. He's already proven himself. It'll be different.

dialtone wrote:
01 May 2024, 04:26
Chances are the car will look like this then:

https://www.autocar.co.uk/sites/autocar ... k=S0MG82aN

Frankly a missed opportunity.
This is so bad. Why don't teams ever do a full livery? is it the cost to build a full body paint to use once? I guess stripes you can simply peel off. whereas if you paint the whole car, you can't simply "paint over"? Would it be just a bunch of wasted parts?

I really hope this is not similar to what we'll be seeing.

CaribouBread
CaribouBread

9 HP logos on the livery. The livery is what I expected. I think it'll look good on track. More blue on the sidepod than I expected.

organic

Doesn't look too bad IMO. But not beautiful

Vanja #66

It will look very different on track and sunlight. Bit too much of blue for a red basic livery from the top view, but I like the details and different colours on the Halo for drivers.

In side and 3/4 view it looks very measured and well balanced. Let's not forget they could have kept the white and yellow stripes and added two more shades of blue instead of this :mrgreen:

#Aerogimli
#BlessYouLaddie

CaribouBread
CaribouBread

organic wrote:
01 May 2024, 15:15
Doesn't look too bad IMO. But not beautiful

The way the launch video had transitions from white to blue - perhaps the white will stay on the livery even after Miami? Maybe HP want white on blue for their logos?

F1NAC

CaribouBread wrote:
01 May 2024, 15:09

9 HP logos on the livery. The livery is what I expected. I think it'll look good on track. More blue on the sidepod than I expected.
13 actually 😃

2x front wing
2x wheel fairings
2x Halo
1x at the back of the drivers head
2x engine cover
2x drs flap
2x RW endplate

dialtone
dialtone

that hp logo nonsense better bring a wdc and wcc

Schippke
Schippke

Honestly, not a fan of this livery… just looks like a marketing exercise to promote the signing of HP more than anything else. But I guess that’s starting the obvious…

If they went all out with more blue and next to no Red, that would’ve looked more like a proper historical tribute… similar to what the race suits look like.

Also, seems the front/rear wings will feature more white now to highlight the HP logo… unless they’re just using it purely for the marketing campai… I mean, historic livery. :roll:

Fakepivot
Fakepivot

it just looks bad, especially so many hp logo, also no more Ferrari on the back wing? The only way they can redeem themself is if they can win

SiLo

CaribouBread wrote:

There are actually 14 from what I can see
Felipe Baby!

F1NAC

F1NAC wrote:
01 May 2024, 15:24
CaribouBread wrote:

13 actually 😃

2x front wing
2x wheel fairings
2x Halo
1x at the back of the drivers head
2x engine cover
2x drs flap
2x RW endplate
Forgot floor fences. 15 HP logos 😂

Vanja #66

Fakepivot wrote:
01 May 2024, 15:52
also no more Ferrari on the back wing?
That's a premium sponsorship spot, always has been

#Aerogimli
#BlessYouLaddie

Seanspeed
Seanspeed

Not great, but better than I expected. Dont know why there's two different blues being used, that's just making it look weird.

Still think if HP really wanted the most eyes on the car this weekend with the new branding, they'd have convinced Ferrari to do a full blue car, or at least mostly blue with some white areas so that the HP logo could stand out.