2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
ringo

Re: 2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

xReVo wrote:
30 Apr 2024, 20:53
Kamel wrote:
30 Apr 2024, 14:23
It seems no Newey in Aston Martin.
I hope Honda will build a super PU to fight that monstrous Ferrari
We can already say we lost to Newey at Ferrari
Aston dont do everything inhouse so that limits Newey and can cause frustration for his creativity. They depend on Mercedes for engine and gearbox.
If Newey wants pull-twist slinky rod suspension on the rear, he wont be able to get it on the car if Aston doesnt make their own gearbox or engine.
There are too many supplier and business structure limitations with Aston. ( Unless they are building their own geabox in 2026)
Whereas with Ferrari, they make everything themselves and have full freedom to influence the whole car.
For Sure!!

dialtone
dialtone

MichaelxScarn wrote:
dialtone wrote:
30 Apr 2024, 21:45
chrisc90 wrote:
30 Apr 2024, 20:41
Basically will get thrown out as there is unlikely to be any 'new' evidence that wasn't there at the time.

Stewards throwing it out because they know they made some shocking decisions and don't want to look incompetent.
Nothing shocking happened in that decision.

https://i.imgur.com/5ldRCrZ.png

This is a car, behind on the inside, understeering into a car on the outside. It's a penalty any day of the week.

They maybe want to discuss the penalty points on the license, but there's no way whatsoever that this will be overturned.
Oh my, that’s simply your favorite or your only topic to talk about? Guess we all know your thoughts about it. But please, keep going on. Interestingly though in the Race channel on youtube they talked about how the modified or are going to modify penalties for exact those situations and came to the conclusion, that exactly such a situation wouldn’t be deemed as penalisable.
If anyone did that to Alonso he would be furious.

He was behind and tried to desperately make the car fit, he wasn't anywhere near the apex of the corner.

If they take away this penalty, which they won't, dive bombing and ruining someone's race will be the norm. That's horrible racing, something I would expect out of Stroll, not Alonso.

KimiRai
KimiRai

ringo wrote:
01 May 2024, 07:09
Aston dont do everything inhouse so that limits Newey and can cause frustration for his creativity. They depend on Mercedes for engine and gearbox.
If Newey wants pull-twist slinky rod suspension on the rear, he wont be able to get it on the car if Aston doesnt make their own gearbox or engine.
There are too many supplier and business structure limitations with Aston. ( Unless they are building their own geabox in 2026)
Whereas with Ferrari, they make everything themselves and have full freedom to influence the whole car.
The supplier situation must have improved quite a bit with the new factory and yes they are building a gearbox for 2026 as well as the other parts, so I don't think it is because of that.

dialtone wrote:
01 May 2024, 07:28

He was behind and tried to desperately make the car fit, he wasn't anywhere near the apex of the corner.

If they take away this penalty, which they won't, dive bombing and ruining someone's race will be the norm. That's horrible racing, something I would expect out of Stroll, not Alonso.
In my opinion the reason why Fernando is aggressively defending these last races is because he keeps finding himself in a position during the race which is not really reflective of the car and therefore has to do all he can and find all the tricks possible to stay ahead of faster cars behind him. He's carrying this team behind his back, no wonder they resigned him. Now they need to do their job and improve race pace.

MichaelxScarn
MichaelxScarn

dialtone wrote:
01 May 2024, 07:28
MichaelxScarn wrote:
dialtone wrote:
30 Apr 2024, 21:45

Nothing shocking happened in that decision.

https://i.imgur.com/5ldRCrZ.png

This is a car, behind on the inside, understeering into a car on the outside. It's a penalty any day of the week.

They maybe want to discuss the penalty points on the license, but there's no way whatsoever that this will be overturned.
Oh my, that’s simply your favorite or your only topic to talk about? Guess we all know your thoughts about it. But please, keep going on. Interestingly though in the Race channel on youtube they talked about how the modified or are going to modify penalties for exact those situations and came to the conclusion, that exactly such a situation wouldn’t be deemed as penalisable.

Like I said, probably the whole forum read that exact thing. Like 100times. Because you already said that. Like 100times.

diffuser

ringo wrote:
xReVo wrote:
Kamel wrote:
They will be building their own rear suspended and gearbox. Unless the rules change and everyone use the same one, which is/was being discussed at one time.

xReVo
xReVo

For the phenomena that said that Newey would work from 2027, I inform you that his gardening will last 12 months according to some sources. Honestly I think I won't even watch F1, the victory in 2026 is already a foregone conclusion, I'm very sorry for Alonso

OnEcRiTiCaL
OnEcRiTiCaL

xReVo wrote:
01 May 2024, 11:29
For the phenomena that said that Newey would work from 2027, I inform you that his gardening will last 12 months according to some sources. Honestly I think I won't even watch F1, the victory in 2026 is already a foregone conclusion, I'm very sorry for Alonso
I'm not sure about that! A lot of team can match up with the Redbull at qualification. The race is a different story,but because if tyres and not because of platform. But just an example: If Redbull would not change the car ,then they couldn't even finish on the podium this year! I mean the whole field found seconds in one year and in the winter timer. Redbull secret weapon is the tyre way less degradation ,we seen something similar when Mercedes was the front runner. I remember Hamilton just finished 15s front of everybody with less tyre degradation.

wiktor977
wiktor977

ringo wrote:
xReVo wrote:
Kamel wrote:
Aston will be building their own gearbox and suspension for 2026

ringo

Ok thanks for the clarification.
Aston can be title challengers in 2027. I think they will have all the ingredients. The only thing lacking is the learnings of older teams.
The Honda PU is the dark horse. 50% electrical power is a big deal.
The chassis this year and last is good, just too aggressive on the tyres. Alonso's races proves to me the car is very good over a lap, probably tied with Mclaren on one lap pace, but it falls away in the races too rapidly.
That can be fixed by 2026 with the right team and tools.
As much as Alonso is exceptional, I think his age limits his qualifying pace and even race pace. What keeps him at the front is race craft and pace management. His experience and race reading is unmatched.
It's a shame his teammate is so poor, that we will never know what the Astons can do on a razor's edge.
For Sure!!

Joseki
Joseki

I still think the deciding factor in 2026-27 will be power unit.

There is a lot of margin for any player to get it "very right" or "very wrong" and as we saw in the early Mercedes years when the PU is much better any team can simply pile on downforce at the expense of anything else.

Sedaxel
Sedaxel

Man, here we go again with the "Alonso is not too good qualifier" .

It's boring, really. I still can't understand what kind of clues have people to say that. I even think the Aston is not very fast in one lap, and it only gets close to the top positions because of Alonso, that "not too good qualifier".

Not going to talk about the age affecting even his race pace... God, I wonder what else has he to do to stop all that s**t comments.

-wkst-
-wkst-

Regarding Newey I think it's good for everyone that he leaves RBR. He won't have any impact anymore on the oiled machinery there and at a new team he will need time, no question. As Michael Schmidt (who published the news first) says, Newey has quite a unique old school way to work, he needs the right people around him to transform his ideas into actually building the car. That will need time at Ferrari, or where he will ever go. Different cultures. Even if he joins AMR, he needs time (although he knows Fallows).

Personally I hope that he doesn't join AMR and the team doesn't rely on one star designer too much, who is at retirement age. AMR has already a good technical office, maybe hunting some more names from rivals (2nd row) will help them much more. Mercedes showed that year after year, even in a period, where PU played no role anymore (however they lost a lot of key members).

F1doc
F1doc

I think the inflexibility over the second seat occupancy may put Newey off AM if he holds values that have now made him leave Red Bull.

Kudos to Newey for maintaining his principles over the Horner HR issues.

Joseki
Joseki

According to formu1a.uno there will be minor updates this weekend at Miami.

Nikosar
Nikosar

I hope they bring some minor update, race simulations indicates Aston 5th team with a +0,936s another painful weekend but the season is still long

Simulation without the upgrades* If McLaren and Mercedes bring effective upgrade the gap can be worse