2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
chrisc90

Re: 2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

As long as RB have the fastest car he will stay. Once he starts to not win as many races or is uncompetitive in the team, he will move.

Interesting RE adrian newey being a business partner. Will he stay on, or will he have to be bought out?

organic

Red Bull should sign Sainz to cover the possibility of Max leaving.

If they were to re-sign Perez, a sudden Verstappen departure could leave them with their pants down and no top drivers available. Sainz is reasonably quick and could win championships with the right machinery.

Even if signing Sainz Sr is potentially starting a fire in the garage, it's probably worth it with the uncertainty around Verstappen

ringo

Perez is talking like the team leader and motivator in his comments on Newey leaving. He is the one who wins with the chaos.
He can't wait to be #1 driver at redbull, especially if Max leaves. A Ford and Perez combo is also a good synergy. Perez is Mexican. Mexico has many ford plants and facilities. Mexico is a very strong trading partner in the US. Perez can bring more money for sure.

Looking back on all that is happening i get the impression that Newey leaves not because of the scandal, but because of how his working time and activities would be influenced by the leadership. Maybe with Dietrich gone, Newey is more exposed to other stakeholders and probably put to do more work than he is comfortable with. I see Horner as the good guy in all of this in terms of the keeping redbull's identity. I do not support him for the scandal, but support him for the team's interest and stability. Jos and Marko seem to be the ones that want to pull it towards something unrecognizable for their own benefit.
For Sure!!

f1isgood
f1isgood

Cs98 wrote:
01 May 2024, 17:27
f1isgood wrote:
01 May 2024, 17:04
Cs98 wrote:
01 May 2024, 16:36

Jos may be an unsavoury character but there's no equivalence when it comes to him and Horner on this. Horner's actions and the lack of accountability for those actions is what got us here.
I am sorry but for what it's worth don't even know the full story yet. This is your perception of events. Jos has a history that was detailed out just today and it doesn't matter what Horner has or hasn't done. What Jos is doing is incorrect by running his mouth and peddling toxicity.
And if we tolerated back room cover-ups "behind closed doors" we would never know the full story. But the evidence leaked and we could form our own opinions.
Jos has a history that was detailed out just today and it doesn't matter what Horner has or hasn't done.
What an incredible statement. Jos' history has nothing to do with the controversy at hand, Horner's actions are foundational to the controversy but it "doesn't matter what Horner has or hasn't done". I understand that it's easier to try to turn this into a debate about Jos' character as opposed to actually defending Horner, but it's not a real argument, it's deflection.
Jos indeed doesn't have anything to do with the controversy at hand, except making the situation more toxic and worse by running his mouth in the media. I get it that many of you are more Verstappen fans than Red Bull fans but don't ignore the fact that Jos Verstappen is a pos himself.

f1isgood
f1isgood

organic wrote:
02 May 2024, 23:37

If they were to re-sign Perez, a sudden Verstappen departure could leave them with their pants down and no top drivers available. Sainz is reasonably quick and could win championships with the right machinery.

Even if signing Sainz Sr is potentially starting a fire in the garage, it's probably worth it with the uncertainty around Verstappen
Red Bull will be fine. They are winning everything since 2022 without Max anyways. Red Bull won't run short of top drivers should Max leave. I can see Lando move to Red Bull if Max leaves. Sainz has a past and that is why they haven't already signed.

Cs98
Cs98

f1isgood wrote:
03 May 2024, 10:18
Cs98 wrote:
01 May 2024, 17:27
f1isgood wrote:
01 May 2024, 17:04

I am sorry but for what it's worth don't even know the full story yet. This is your perception of events. Jos has a history that was detailed out just today and it doesn't matter what Horner has or hasn't done. What Jos is doing is incorrect by running his mouth and peddling toxicity.
And if we tolerated back room cover-ups "behind closed doors" we would never know the full story. But the evidence leaked and we could form our own opinions.
Jos has a history that was detailed out just today and it doesn't matter what Horner has or hasn't done.
What an incredible statement. Jos' history has nothing to do with the controversy at hand, Horner's actions are foundational to the controversy but it "doesn't matter what Horner has or hasn't done". I understand that it's easier to try to turn this into a debate about Jos' character as opposed to actually defending Horner, but it's not a real argument, it's deflection.
Jos indeed doesn't have anything to do with the controversy at hand, except making the situation more toxic and worse by running his mouth in the media. I get it that many of you are more Verstappen fans than Red Bull fans but don't ignore the fact that Jos Verstappen is a pos himself.
Jos is nothing but a deflection for people who don't want to hold Horner responsible for his actions. We all know Jos' history, but it has nothing to do with this.

Rikhart
Rikhart

f1isgood wrote:
03 May 2024, 10:19
organic wrote:

Red Bull will be fine. They are winning everything since 2022 without Max anyways. Red Bull won't run short of top drivers should Max leave. I can see Lando move to Red Bull if Max leaves. Sainz has a past and that is why they haven't already signed.
Without Max there, Leclerc would have been champion on 2022. Also in 2023, only reason Perez was second was because pretty much all the other teams had horrible seasons, and kept taking points off one another.

Jambier

Max will NOT leave before end of 2026, it seems like science fiction to me.
Leave where ? The only right choice is to win again in 2025 and then... see what 2026 brings.

Now I'm quite sure they will sign PER for two more years as well. I don't believe TSU or RIC will replace him, and SAI is too competitive and will not want to be second driver

Wouter

Reports suggest Mercedes are preparing a £128million-a-year offer to entice Verstappen to the Silver Arrows, which would trump Hamilton’s £80m-a-year deal with the Scuderia by some margin, and former F1 driver Ralf Schumacher predicted he will leave.

But Verstappen has brushed off speculation concerning his future by insisting money is not enough to tempt him away from Red Bull – indicating to Wolff that his team would need to improve their pace before he would even consider joining the German manufacturer.

“My future is within Red Bull at the moment. Even if that were to be the case [earning €150m], money would not be the difference to make me go somewhere else,” Verstappen told the written press in Miami, including Total-Motorsport.com.

A reporter chimed in asking if £213m (€250m) would be enough to tempt him, but Verstappen was adamant in his response: “250? No. I’m happy with what I’m earning already.

“I know myself, and if I’m driving for P5 or P6, you get quite grumpy with yourself. It’s always about performances at the end of the day, everyone knows that and Toto also knows that.”
https://www.total-motorsport.com/f1-max ... oto-wolff/

Verstappen staying despite Newey's departure? 👀 “Usually yes.”
@maxverstappen1 leaves room for speculation.

Max yesterday:

"At the end of the day it is really important about … eh … having the quickest car and of course a good environment.
And that’s what we have currently. And that’s what I ask for.
As long as the environment is right and we have the quickest car, than it’s straightforward."
The Power of Dreams!

organic

organic wrote:

Now today we hear Horner wants Sainz to replace Perez :mrgreen: wowee

https://formu1a.uno/it/red-bull-horner- ... io-di-max/
RED BULL CHANGING? HORNER WANTS CARLOS SAINZ TO REPLACE SERGIO PEREZ

The surprise move could be that of Carlos Sainz returning to the 'family' alongside Max Verstappen in the official Red Bull team starting next season
The arrival of Carlos Sainz would thus be a move that would also protect Red Bull in the event of a future separation from the Dutchman
Interesting Horner tried to get Albon back as well
Horner tried to start a negotiation with James Vowles for an exchange between Sergio Perez and Alexander Albon , which didn't end well
Last edited by organic on 03 May 2024, 12:59, edited 1 time in total.

Cs98
Cs98

Sainz would be a good pairing.

ME4ME

Imagine if Verstappen would go to Mercedes for €150M annually. The mockery that would make of the FIA budget cap.

Its one thing that he would've won the WCC by himself last year. But earning more than an entire teams annual racing budget :lol:

Wouter

organic wrote:
03 May 2024, 12:53
organic wrote:

RED BULL CHANGING? HORNER WANTS CARLOS SAINZ TO REPLACE SERGIO PEREZ

The surprise move could be that of Carlos Sainz returning to the 'family' alongside Max Verstappen in the official Red Bull team starting next season
The arrival of Carlos Sainz would thus be a move that would also protect Red Bull in the event of a future separation from the Dutchman
Interesting Horner tried to get Albon back as well
Horner tried to start a negotiation with James Vowles for an exchange between Sergio Perez and Alexander Albon , which didn't end well
YOU MADE MY DAY!!! Thanks for posting! [-o< For the futur Sainz is a better option than Perez.
The Power of Dreams!

CHT
CHT

Merc should get CH to replace Toto instead :)

Vanja #66

organic wrote:
03 May 2024, 12:53

Unless Horner makes it perfectly clear to Carlos he's there to assist Max and pick up the remaining points, sparks are going to fly. On one hand, team needs to be covered in case Max does leave for 26 or 27 season, on the other hand - introducing Sainz who does not want to serve anyone and granting him equal treatment will be a finger in the eye to Max. I don't see Sainz joining unless contractually guaranteed equal treatment and no team orders.

Very tricky pairing in a car that will win both 2025 championships.
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#Aerogimli
#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie