2024 Mclaren Formula 1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Re: 2024 Mclaren Formula 1 Team

The Mclaren driver pairing is likely the strongest pairing on the grid now. Oscar's qualy pace is really getting up there with Norris. His race pace is not all the way but it's progressing. As I see it, Mclaren have a decent chance in the WCC. Piastri will be the decisive factor.

FittingMechanics
FittingMechanics

Now I hope the team takes pole and win. It would be fitting to do so in Monaco in Senna inspired livery.

mwillems

I rather think we stand a strong chance of the win at Monaco. Not sure if it will turn out that way, but my feeling is that we will benefit from a focussed low speed set up and the car will eat up the track.

Now watch me jinx it.
I'm not taking advice from a cartoon dog

-Bandit

FittingMechanics
FittingMechanics

mwillems wrote:
21 May 2024, 19:27
I rather think we stand a strong chance of the win at Monaco. Not sure if it will turn out that way, but my feeling is that we will benefit from a focussed low speed set up and the car will eat up the track.

Now watch me jinx it.
Anti jinx engaged :D

mwillems

It's a track that doesn't get too much heat into the tyres too...

And no worries about too much front in the setup, max wing everywhere! :D

-Bandit

mwillems

-Bandit

MrGapes

https://formu1a.uno/it/ecco-la-livrea-s ... ton-senna/

McLaren's marketing manager, McEwen.

“The MCL38 from Montecarlo will be two completely new cars. We will replace both chassis on the track, since the cars will not return to the MTC, and it is a challenge for us since we will have to guarantee absolute integrity in terms of performance”

Both chaasis’s will be swapped In Monaco… as part of the rotational change.

LionsHeart
LionsHeart

mwillems wrote:

Now watch me jinx it.
Quietly come on. :shock:

mwillems

LionsHeart wrote:
21 May 2024, 20:22
mwillems wrote:

Now watch me jinx it.
Oh, did I say that out loud?

-Bandit

LionsHeart
LionsHeart

mwillems wrote:
21 May 2024, 21:40
LionsHeart wrote:
mwillems wrote:

Now watch me jinx it.
there is such a thing :D If Monaco is also suitable, then what track might not be suitable?

Mcl_G10
Mcl_G10

He's calm, cool and laid back. He's been in the background building and getting stronger as each race passes and this weekend he will have his moment, his first taste of o race win and it will be well deserved.
It seems that this car is now very versatile and can be very good at any single aspect once dialled in . This coupled with the likely weather (likely cooler) and piastris confidence right now with the upgraded car and I'm liking his chances. He must be desperate to finally show how good he is.

zeph
zeph

taperoo2k wrote:
21 May 2024, 12:01
If anyone is responsible for McLaren's success? It's Zak Brown.
This.

Just like Christian Horner build the entire RBR organization into what it is today (more so than Newey, I’d even say), it is Zak Brown who put the McLaren puzzle back together.

mwillems

zeph wrote:
21 May 2024, 22:25
taperoo2k wrote:
21 May 2024, 12:01
If anyone is responsible for McLaren's success? It's Zak Brown.
This.

Just like Christian Horner build the entire RBR organization into what it is today (more so than Newey, I’d even say), it is Zak Brown who put the McLaren puzzle back together.
I think it was Stella that advised Brown on the changes to make at the French GP in 2022 to be fair, and the two fellas to leave at the end of 2023 were as a result of that advice. Zak was the first great signing for sure, but it is a hell of a team now. Trying to attribute the success to one person probably isn't fair or accurate. But Zak, Stella, Peter Prodmorou and everyone else deserve Kudos because Zak, Stella and Peter P couldn't have done all of this without them.
Last edited by mwillems on 21 May 2024, 22:47, edited 2 times in total.

-Bandit

Vanja #66

With Seidl and Key, McLaren was barely grasping points. With Stella, McLaren recovered almost the entire gap to the top in 18 months. Brown was good to keep the team afloat, but Stella is the man of the hour, as clear as day.
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

mwillems

LionsHeart wrote:
21 May 2024, 22:02
mwillems wrote:
21 May 2024, 21:40
LionsHeart wrote:

there is such a thing :D If Monaco is also suitable, then what track might not be suitable?
Good question. Not sure where we will struggle the most. I'm not sure we will struggle at all. Barcelona will be a nice test as it has many types of corner including a couple of long corners, tight corners, some chicanes, and all mixed in with some mid and higher speed sections. So I suspect this will challenge our ability to balance the car. Last year Red Bull were miles ahead. A very good all round car will do well here. And a nice opportunity to see how much quicker the car is.

Canada is a very polarised track of high and low speed so this should offer us a strong challenge also, probably more so than Barcelona due to not having too many mid speed corners and yet plenty of long straights.
Last edited by mwillems on 21 May 2024, 23:54, edited 1 time in total.

-Bandit