2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Alex_Z
Alex_Z

Re: 2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

xReVo wrote:
26 May 2024, 19:02
KimiRai wrote:
26 May 2024, 18:49
Michael Schmidt from AMuS says Aston Martin has spoken to Newey & Lawrence Stroll has "realised that they need a man with vision in the technical office". According to AMuS, Ferrari would no longer be interested.

In my opinion Lawrence has lost trust in Fallows or at least him being on his own as leader.

https://i.imgur.com/fgkN6aH.png
Guys we have to hope for this, it's the only salvation
There is no hope. AMR will not win races or even compete for podiums for the next 2 years minimum. Time for Alonso to take break from F1, maybe a permanent one this time.

Nikosar
Nikosar

Alex_Z wrote:
26 May 2024, 19:08
xReVo wrote:
KimiRai wrote:
Michael Schmidt from AMuS says Aston Martin has spoken to Newey & Lawrence Stroll has "realised that they need a man with vision in the technical office". According to AMuS, Ferrari would no longer be interested.

In my opinion Lawrence has lost trust in Fallows or at least him being on his own as leader.

There is no hope. AMR will not win races or even compete for podiums for the next 2 years minimum. Time for Alonso to take break from F1, maybe a permanent one this time.
then why he signed for 2026 ? future engine rules proved key in deciding Alonso's willingness to stay for a couple more years. New wind tunnel with latest's tech ecc...

But I agree to aim for 2026 there is a need for a change, I mean last year Alonso was second this year he was lapped 2 times. The last time this happened was in Brazil 2018 with McLaren.

MichaelxScarn
MichaelxScarn

Alex_Z wrote:
xReVo wrote:
KimiRai wrote:

Bad times for Aston, must be good times for you?! Times to log on here and spread your wisdom?

PinkFloydPulse

Alex_Z wrote:
xReVo wrote:
KimiRai wrote:

Oh yes… The classic “car and team are ---, the better driver of the two should quit for good” …
Team Fernando!

diffuser

xReVo wrote:
26 May 2024, 18:38
diffuser wrote:
26 May 2024, 17:53
xReVo wrote:
26 May 2024, 17:44

Since Newey left they have a lot of problems as I predicted, read my old posts, they risk losing the world championship. Aston Martin's goal in my opinion must be sign Newey at all costs. In 2023 if it hadn't been for the strategy, Alonso would have won the race and now he also finds himself behind the Alpine team. The decline is too evident and something must be done, there are no more excuses, they really risk becoming the last team on the grid, we absolutely need to intervene with drastic decisions and I am confident that they will do so. It's not a question of being children, F1 is a business and in this there are no friends. Having said that, a lot of people went against me and in the end I was right, I prepared my pillow and Alonso brought took the car home without doing any damage which was the only thing to do
Newey hasn't left. He's staying till first Quarter of 2025 then gardening leave.
He no longer deals with development, he also recently stated that there are things about this RB that he doesn't like. For
That is the politics he doesn't like. He's been working on that other car and doing stuff for F1 for a while now.

diffuser

OnEcRiTiCaL wrote:
26 May 2024, 17:58
Strange that Aston used flow-vis in Monaco. Is not the track where the separation really could work. Is something definitely not right with their correlation. I wouldn't be surprise if they problem not really the aero simulation, but the tyre behaviour and how the tyres react at upgrades. This could explain their early strong quali pace but awful race pace.
Why not, it costs nothing confirm you data. Many teams did.

diffuser

KimiRai wrote:

(translated with google)
Well Fallows is used to working with Newey. So it can't hurt.

Nikosar
Nikosar

As Alonso said in the post interview, one good upgrade and you find yourself fighting at the top of the grid

diffuser

Nikosar wrote:
26 May 2024, 21:13
As Alonso said in the post interview, one good upgrade and you find yourself fighting at the top of the grid
I agree.

Alex_Z
Alex_Z

MichaelxScarn wrote:
26 May 2024, 19:57
Alex_Z wrote:
xReVo wrote:

Bad times for Aston, must be good times for you?! Times to log on here and spread your wisdom?
It's not really bad times for Aston, it's where they've always been bar the cheat copy car season in 2020.

Otromundo

Until they solve the problem of interpretation between the behavior of the wind tunnel models and reality, things will go wrong.

Apparently they currently use the same wind tunnel as Mercedes. And curiously they seem to have the same problem with the divergence of results. Although it also seems that the Germans have improved somewhat.

It also seems that the problem is focused more on the models they use. In its manufacture apparently, although this matter is beyond my knowledge.

I still think they'll find the key soon this time. And that the problem will be forgotten with the shiny new wind tunnel. But it would be a good idea for the next race to see some improvement.
Believe half of what you see and none of what you hear.

ringo

I sense a bitter divorce between Alonso and Aston if he doesnt deliver messiah like performance on his part and or if the team doesnt deliver miraculous upgrades o. Their part.
2026 is a long way away and Alonso is showing his age and his fatigue each race.
Stroll Snr. May consider sending Alonso home with a bag of cash like Ferrari did to Kimi.
I just dont see the relationship going well all the way to 2026 if things continue like this.
Alonso doesnt like stagnation and he can get very grumpy and vocal.
2025 is critical if Alonso decides to continue into 2026. My opinion by the way.
For Sure!!

Rikrikrik
Rikrikrik

I try to be positive. Alonso looks so much confident and peaceful about the situation, really seems he knows this is temporarily. Maybe the upgrades to solve the understeer and rear overheating is in development and maybe after that they can explore all potencial from the car. I mean, maybe we dont believe them so much beacause the last year was a disaster on a second part but, i dont know, the car looks fast, but it is on a "cage". Maybe we need wait to Barcelona, maybe Austria, and see when they add the upgrades for that especific problems.

-wkst-
-wkst-

ringo wrote:
27 May 2024, 02:53
I sense a bitter divorce between Alonso and Aston if he doesnt deliver messiah like performance on his part and or if the team doesnt deliver miraculous upgrades o. Their part.
2026 is a long way away and Alonso is showing his age and his fatigue each race.
Stroll Snr. May consider sending Alonso home with a bag of cash like Ferrari did to Kimi.
I just dont see the relationship going well all the way to 2026 if things continue like this.
Alonso doesnt like stagnation and he can get very grumpy and vocal.
2025 is critical if Alonso decides to continue into 2026. My opinion by the way.
Don't confuse your hopes with the reality.

ALO was totally fine in the first races, quick and on the top of his game. Something happend since Miami, but I have no doubt that he strikes back, like he always did in his career. Not so sure about AMR tough for the near future...

selvam_e2002
selvam_e2002

could be the reason that AMR try to develop the car more like of Stroll instead of Alonso. This is the only reason I think of now. time will tell.
the AMR situation is too bad now. They need to find where the issue is before they do next upgrade.