2024 Visa Cash App RB Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
runningmanz
runningmanz

Re: 2024 Visa Cash App RB Team

Bill wrote:
09 Jun 2024, 22:24
everyone who was on that ocon train passed him so it dont really answer my question.before the safety car yuki was well ahead so better pace really.
Sorry but he didn't have better pace than Dan. He got ahead by way of Dans 5 sec penalty for clutch issue at the start and sub optimal strategy.

Team report:

Yuki puts his hand up for the error at the end.

"Today was my mistake, a stupid move, and I’m sorry to the team."

Team also mentions the clutch issue. Car creeped forward a few cm.

"The penalty for Daniel at the start, due to some very slight clutch dragging.."

https://www.visacashapprb.com/en/2024-canadian-gp-race/

Dan;s clutch at the start. That was virtually nothing in movement, never jumped the start. Bit of descretion would be nice sometimes.

https://wwos.nine.com.au/videos/motorsp ... tfqkgih9c8
Last edited by runningmanz on 10 Jun 2024, 08:20, edited 2 times in total.

Dunlay
Dunlay

I was expecting Daniel to lose places at the start and then have a bellow average race. In his entire career, that's been the case when it's wet. He just doesn't have the skills for wet or changeable conditions. I expected right when he lost places at the start, that an excuse would be coming from him or the team.

runningmanz
runningmanz

Dunlay wrote:
10 Jun 2024, 04:25
I was expecting Daniel to lose places at the start and then have a bellow average race. In his entire career, that's been the case when it's wet. He just doesn't have the skills for wet or changeable conditions. I expected right when he lost places at the start, that an excuse would be coming from him or the team.
Well to a point I'd agree often he wasn't strong in wet or changeable conditions but he was mighty in Hungary in 2014 and Monaco 2016 in the wet to be fair.

Both guys lost places at the start which I suspect was also due to running a lower downforce setup in this case as they were fast in the dry particularly Dan.

Mclarensenna

Dunlay wrote:

In 2016 Ricciardo qualified just 1 tenth ahead of the Mercs so there was nothing between these cars.
Yet in very slippery conditions after the botched pitstop Ric was driving at 1 of the highest levels. Lap after lap he was right on Hams gearbox not only in the dirty air but combined with slippery conditions driving very angry yet making zero mistakes. I was watching it and thinking Ric will put it in the wall any corner now driving so angry. Monaco is impossible to overtake especially when Renault was massively down in horsepower vs the Merc.

Yet Ric put up such relenting pressure he seemed a good 2 seconds a lap quicker than Ham was and he forced Ham into a massive mistake. The same mistake Vettel did at Canada below and had to concede after Hams complaining on the radio.

Yet When Ham does the exact same move to you its perfectly legal :o :?: :o Ric won that Monaco race. It was the stewards who failed to penalize Ham like they did Vettel in an identical move in Canada. Not to mention where was Hams pace in mixed conditions that day? he could not pull away from Ric at all for like 20 laps till Rics tyres were cooked in the dirty air and Hams dangerous driving that went unpunished.

Vettel in 2018 had a Ferrari 4 seconds a lap quicker as Ric who had a blown ERS and yet Vettel was nowhere near Rics gearbox in perfectly dry conditions. So Rics 2016 performance in mixed condtions was 1 of the great drives that unfortunately wont be remembered due to inconsistent, useless Stewards not giving him the win like they did to Ham in Canada when the shoe was on the other foot..

So your comment about Ric being average his entire career in changeable conditions is clearly not true.
Ayrton Senna: Pure driving, pure racing, that´s what makes me happy.

Dunlay
Dunlay

Mclarensenna wrote:
10 Jun 2024, 11:48
Dunlay wrote:

In 2016 Ricciardo qualified just 1 tenth ahead of the Mercs so there was nothing between these cars.
Yet in very slippery conditions after the botched pitstop Ric was driving at 1 of the highest levels. Lap after lap he was right on Hams gearbox not only in the dirty air but combined with slippery conditions driving very angry yet making zero mistakes. I was watching it and thinking Ric will put it in the wall any corner now driving so angry. Monaco is impossible to overtake especially when Renault was massively down in horsepower vs the Merc.

Yet Ric put up such relenting pressure he seemed a good 2 seconds a lap quicker than Ham was and he forced Ham into a massive mistake. The same mistake Vettel did at Canada below and had to concede after Hams complaining on the radio.

Yet When Ham does the exact same move to you its perfectly legal :o :?: :o Ric won that Monaco race. It was the stewards who failed to penalize Ham like they did Vettel in an identical move in Canada. Not to mention where was Hams pace in mixed conditions that day? he could not pull away from Ric at all for like 20 laps till Rics tyres were cooked in the dirty air and Hams dangerous driving that went unpunished.

Vettel in 2018 had a Ferrari 4 seconds a lap quicker as Ric who had a blown ERS and yet Vettel was nowhere near Rics gearbox in perfectly dry conditions. So Rics 2016 performance in mixed condtions was 1 of the great drives that unfortunately wont be remembered due to inconsistent, useless Stewards not giving him the win like they did to Ham in Canada when the shoe was on the other foot..

So your comment about Ric being average his entire career in changeable conditions is clearly not true.
One wet race worth talking about in a career spanning more than 13 years that saw umpteen number of wet races where Daniel was a passenger. There is loads of context missing for the 2016 and 18 races mentioned, but I am not going to add to that.

Mclarensenna

Dunlay wrote:
10 Jun 2024, 14:01
Mclarensenna wrote:
10 Jun 2024, 11:48
Dunlay wrote:

One wet race worth talking about in a career spanning more than 13 years that saw umpteen number of wet races where Daniel was a passenger. There is loads of context missing for the 2016 and 18 races mentioned, but I am not going to add to that.
"I was expecting Daniel to lose places at the start and then have a bellow average race. In his entire career, that's been the case when it's wet."<---- Your statement is not true at all.

You clearly did not watch the incredible race Ric drive in Monaco so please watch it before making statements like this. Also go and watch the 2014 Hungarian grand prix. Ric qualified in 4th and Vettel in 2nd yet once the conditions were mixed took advantage of it and drove 1 of the greatest mixed conditions races to win the race (4th to 1st) while Vettel in mixed conditions ended up only (7th from 2nd) in the same car.

Maybe rewatch these 2 races before commenting "I was expecting Daniel to lose places at the start and then have a bellow average race. In his entire career, that's been the case when it's wet."
Ayrton Senna: Pure driving, pure racing, that´s what makes me happy.

runningmanz
runningmanz

Mekies talks about Dan high performance ceiling when he is at one with the car like he was at RBR and Renault 2020.

"RB team principal Laurent Mekies says it’s down to the team to help get the best out of Daniel Ricciardo consistently to ensure the Australian becomes “impossible to ignore.”

“We are focused on making sure that Daniel can perform at his best,” Mekies told RACER. “And I think this weekend, as much as Miami and as much as perhaps China, are a good reminder to all of us of how high a performance Daniel can provide if he’s in the right window, if we give him what he needs.

“It’s our responsibility as a team to have that focus, and that’s what we are thinking all day long. So if you ask me now what are we thinking right now? We are thinking every day, every hour, every minute, let’s try to make sure we lock in that window for him, and get the results out."

https://racer.com/2024/06/12/mekies-wan ... to-ignore/

runningmanz
runningmanz

Big upgrade coming for Spain. Apparently worth 2-2.5 tenths

"In Spain, a further evolution of the fund should debut in two weeks who had been introduced to Miami, with the aim of giving more load in fast corners, phase in which the car designed by Jody Eddington has some gaps. The extra load offered by the new floor will be even more important than that seen in Miami, with a fund with a different compromise regarding stiffness values and with a weight reduction job. In Miami the package was worth 2 tenths, in Barcelona, if everything correlates, it can be valid around 2 / 2 and a half tenths on slopes like Barcelona and Silverstone"

https://formu1a.uno/it/racing-bulls-arr ... -2-decimi/

FW17

Why has not the FIA banned Daniel Ricciardo for a race or even called for some community service?? His language at the TV pen were ridiculous.

I am sure if Lewis had said that Ben would have personally got involved.

Wouter

FW17 wrote:
15 Jun 2024, 05:27
Why has not the FIA banned Daniel Ricciardo for a race or even called for some community service?? His language at the TV pen were ridiculous.

What language?
The Power of Dreams!

organic

Yuki has been in Q3 7 times this year. He's very impressive

Wouter

organic wrote:
15 Jun 2024, 08:19
Yuki has been in Q3 7 times this year. He's very impressive
Yes he is.

Motorsport June 14 2024 Translated by Deepl:

Honda protégé Tsunoda was labeled as a fast but somewhat unstable hothead upon his arrival in Formula 1 in 2021. The Japanese man's on-board radio messages regularly had to be bleeped because of the swear words he used, but soon it was no longer the verbal excesses that characterized Tsunoda.
He also turned out to be rudely fast in an (undersized) F1 car. He delivered his best season to date in 2023, his third year in Formula 1.
This season - in which his much more experienced teammate Daniel Ricciardo is struggling - Tsunoda effortlessly continues the upward trend of last year. He consistently reaches Q3 and has already scored points in five races.

Now that the team has a somewhat freer role, it has a driver in Tsunoda who may be able to carry the entire team in the future,
says team boss Laurent Mekies. "He has made a phenomenal step this year, far exceeding our expectations," the Frenchman told Motorsport.com. "We expected a step, but to make such a big step in the fourth year is very impressive, both in terms of pace and outside the car.

“If he continues to perform as he is now, let's see what the future brings,” says Helmut Marko about his young pupil.
“He is showing very good development. That development came a little later than we expected, but in my opinion he is now a top driver'', Marko told Motorsport.com. For Tsunoda, it was mainly important to get his emotions under control and he now seems to have succeeded.
The Power of Dreams!

organic

I can imagine maybe RB will want to hang onto him after 2025, but honda won't make that easy

For me he is the surprise of the season in terms of performance. Extremely consistent & fast. Last race with a mistake but almost everyone made mistakes in that race

TeamKoolGreen
TeamKoolGreen

It looks like Red Bull and RB are going to push all of this inevitable change to next year. Riccardo is probably staying for another year.

In my view it is all a mistake. Except Yuki. Lawson should be at RB in 25 so that he can move up to Perezes seat if h cuts it.

Wouter

FW17 wrote:
15 Jun 2024, 05:27
Why has not the FIA banned Daniel Ricciardo for a race or even called for some community service??
His language at the TV pen were ridiculous.

Wouter wrote:
15 Jun 2024, 07:36

What language?
Did you find it in the meantime? I am curious, because I think he was fair and decent in his comments.
The Power of Dreams!