Upcoming downtime / update

Everything about this website and its content. Here you will find update announcements or requests for feedback. Questions about layout, functionality, content, and your suggestions are welcome.
Steven
Owner

Ok I understand your point.
I think though that it's important to have the news and tech articles on top. The reason for the news is obvious, while the tech articles are there to focus a bit more to what f1technical stands for. I am aware some tech articles need an update but that will be ok ;)

Maybe you'd like an extra seperate page with a list of the most recent forum items then?

Carlos
Carlos

Tomba--Would you consider a "spell-checker?" Thanks you.

Principessa

Carlos wrote:Tomba--Would you consider a "spell-checker?" Thanks you.
Here in the forum you mean?

Ciro Pabón

The new layout works perfectly for me, including the log in feature. I wonder if MC can resolve his problems (I also log in every time using the "one password" feature of my browser :oops:) by configurating his browser to erase cookies on exit (I do).

I only ask for updating some basic information, like drivers statistics (at least poles and wins). JPM appears with only 3 wins. Is this some sort of FIA conspiration? :wink:

About the spell-checker, I am afraid it will explode (at least with some of my posts). Anyway, if you develop it, I do the marketing in South America for free.

I am overwhelmed by the amount of work you two manage to do in your spare time. I am starting to worry: are you dating enough? (sorry, Tomba) :lol: Thank both of you. Nice work, specially the "new news" format and the sheer amount of news and images.
Ciro

Principessa

There is still a lot of work to do on the site Ciro, since the update there are some bugs that tomba still needs to solve. As he's also working, he only has his evenings to do so (if he's not with me :P )! We'll try to update the statistics as soon as possible :wink:

flynfrog

Steven
Owner

The upcoming firefox 2.0 will even have an integrated spellchecker ;)
It will be released in about a month or so. Yet another good reason to move away from IE ;)

I won't add a spell checker myself, use the plugins mentioned just above or wait for FF 2.0

@Ciro: I know the stats are really outdated, they need a serious update :?

Principessa

And I will update them when I find the time, but I have extra hours internship, so I'll see when I find the time! :wink:

Ciro Pabón

Can we help somehow?
Ciro

Steven
Owner

Well yes you can, just look up those stats and mail them to me.
The best for me would be that you send me a html file with just a html table in it, containing the statistics.

You could do so by saving the statistics page you wish to help with, update the data and send it back to me ;)

I'm kind of overwhelmed with the support lately, I mean getting suggestions like that, posts in devblog and your feedback mails. Keep them coming :!:

Another thing everyone can help with is with our weblinks database. Go to http://www.f1technical.net/pr/links.php and look through it. If you find a site missing, suggest it and we'll add it swiftly ;)

Steven
Owner

Hi all,

well although requested how, no one (except principessa of course ;) ) really helped so did it myself :) All driver stats were updated, teams and overall records will get an update tomorrow.

Also, the engine article was renewed.

Actually I'd like to ask you all, if anyone of you would like to help with anything, could you suggest ways of doing so, maybe to encourage others and make it more accessible. I always have the feeling there is a certain amount of visitors who want to help, but there actually isn't that much help ;) Not that I blame you though at all, happy that you're all here on this forum!!