2013 Brazilian Grand Prix - Interlagos

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
mikeerfol

2013 Brazilian Grand Prix - Interlagos

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kckhUwDq1hs[/youtube]

Tyres: Medium, Hard

2 DRS zones at the start/finish straight and the straight between turns 3 and 4.

Will Red Bull gift Webber one last win?

Rain forecast for all 3 days at the moment.. :mrgreen:

gray41

Re: 2013 Brazilian Grand Prix - Interlagos

1.Vettel
2.Webber
3.Hamilton
4.Alonso
5.Grosjean

Which would leave Mercedes 2nd in the WCC and Lewis 3rd in the WDC.
Lewis Hamilton #44
Poles: *****
Wins: ***

Shrieker

If Red Bull are 1-2 i suspect they would gift it to Webber on his swansong. I watched the first 15-20 laps of last year's race. I hope it rains this year as well.
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

Hobbs04
Hobbs04

I am looking forward to Hulkenburgs race. He has an ace in his pocket at this track, and with Sauber's recent resurgence could be podium.

raymondu999

If this is a dry race, this will be the driest season I've seen in a LOOOONG time... We've only had 7 wet race laps the whole year!

I miss wet races where the slicks don't appear (i.e. only inters and wets) - been a while since we had those. Korea 2010 is my last count
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

SamH123
SamH123

Forecast looks a bit disappointingly dry for the weekend at the moment in the places I've looked
Hopefully that changes..

Sevach
Sevach

raymondu999 wrote:If this is a dry race, this will be the driest season I've seen in a LOOOONG time... We've only had 7 wet race laps the whole year!

I miss wet races where the slicks don't appear (i.e. only inters and wets) - been a while since we had those. Korea 2010 is my last count
If you look at the F1 site, it was suppoused to rain at every track we raced this season, do they get a kick out of predicting rain? :lol:

ChrisF1
ChrisF1

Random stats:

Since 2003 only Vettel (2010) and Raikkonen (2007) have won the Title AND the Brazilian GP in the same year.

In the years previous to that, 1992, 1994-2000 and 2002 were all won by the World Champion.

Intriguing that we have a big shift at a similar time to the Brazilian GP moving to the end of the year.

The teammate of the World Championship winning driver has won at least one race that season in all but 2 seasons since 1991, the team mates being:

2001 (Barichello)
1994 (Herbert, Lehto, Verstappen)

Mark Webber JUST escaped this at the 2011 Brazilian GP when Vettel had a dubious gearbox problem that cost him 20 seconds and the lead, but then allowed him to stick to Webbers rear for the rest of the race.

Will he escape it in 2013?

(Please don't turn this into a fanboy battle, but isn't it interesting that Vettel can match another Schumacher effort by winning the title in the car his team mate didn't win a single race in!)

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

RedBull might be happy to gift the win to Webber but the only way Vettel will do so is if Horner makes him stay in the garage. Vettel will have his eyes on the successive wins record and won't care two hoots for Webber's swansong race.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

Jonnycraig
Jonnycraig

They won't gift Webber a win. Horner wants 9, a Vettel wants 9 and Webber has already says he wants to earn a final win.

Helios

Lewis hasn't finished better than 4th since winning the WDC, so I hope he can do it this year. Would be quite ironic given the fact that he was driving for one of the most successful teams in the last couple of years and didn't manage to do it while now he could do it driving for the Brackley-based MAMG-team. Who would've thought about that one year ago?

But I guess Webber's gonna get P3 because he'll be gifted a win by RB.

langwadt
langwadt

Helios wrote:Lewis hasn't finished better than 4th since winning the WDC, so I hope he can do it this year. Would be quite ironic given the fact that he was driving for one of the most successful teams in the last couple of years and didn't manage to do it while now he could do it driving for the Brackley-based MAMG-team. Who would've thought about that one year ago?

But I guess Webber's gonna get P3 because he'll be gifted a win by RB.
It might earn Vettel some browny points if he were to let Webber win, but if Vettel wins he will match
Ascaris 9 wins in a row and Schumachers 13 wins in a season. I doubt he would let that pass

Hail22

I tip yet another lack luster race weekend.

1.Finger
2. KERs failure Webber
3. GRO
4. Teflonso
5. Hamilton Island
6. KOV
7. Felipe baby
8. Brittany Spears (Rosberg)
9. The Incredible Hulk (Hulkenberg)
10. Perez

On a side note, I'll be in Europe at a certain team to view their V6 Turbo unit. Stay Tuned Ladies and Gents.
If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

mikeerfol

Hail22 wrote:
On a side note, I'll be in Europe at a certain team to view their V6 Turbo unit. Stay Tuned Ladies and Gents.
Nice =D> [-o< :D

Harsha
Harsha

Some Interesting stats
Vettel has Problems for the last 2 years here (2011 - Gearbox 2012- Collision) and He finished ahead of his team mate only once (2010).
Mark Webber has won it 2 times(09,11) and Came second in 10.
Hamilton didn't finish the race for the last 2 years (2011 - Gearbox 2012- Collision) and his best result was P3 which came way back in 2009.
Alonso yet to make a Top step appearance Here his best was also P2(06,08,12).