Italian GP 2007

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
modbaraban
modbaraban

yzfr7 wrote:Speculating a bit, can it be an old problem for Ferrari? Remember Barrichelo weird rear suspension failure some years ago and Ferrari weirdest note putting the blame on he being too agressive on the kerbs?
That was prophetical :shock:

modbaraban
modbaraban

yzfr7 wrote:Speculating a bit, can it be an old problem for Ferrari? Remember Barrichelo weird rear suspension failure some years ago and Ferrari weirdest note putting the blame on he being too agressive on the kerbs?

modbaraban
modbaraban

modbaraban
modbaraban

this forum has goin nutz :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by modbaraban on 10 Sep 2007, 00:16, edited 1 time in total.

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

Scuderia Ferrari 2008 F1 WCC

Well it was an entertaining race weekend wasn't it?! Unfortunately not the results I was looking forward to, but I enjoyed all the action throughout the weekend. All the "big dogs" from Ferrari were present for the race as well, Luca di Montezemolo and Piero L. Ferrari (Enzo's son).

Congrats to the entire McLaren team for their wonderful results as well, all their effort has been rewarded with these results. They definately deserve them! They have performed an amazing comeback from their disasterous '06 season. The best team is winning.
Alonso 2007 WDC (if no Ferrari driver can make it).

Can anyone recall if Raikkonen had the Prancing Horese decal on his helmet before Monza, or is it new :?: Thanks in advance.

PS. Motorsport.com has amazing pics of Raikkons crash during the Saturday pratice. Very detailed from technical to simple overview of entire car.
Like this view of the electronics from under KR's sidepod.
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

FLC
FLC

Kimi had the prancing horse on the back of his helmet since day one at Ferrari. This is from the first test he did with the F2007 in Barcelona in February:

And here is a bigger version of that last picture:

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

FLC, Thank you very much.

West
West

Why is everybody double-posting?

Anyway, another snore fest. I turned the TV off with about 10-20 laps left. I wanted Ferrari to win although I didn't like them w/ MS aboard. It certainly seems like McLaren will wrap up both championships. I just hope Alonso prevents Hamiilton from becoming rookie Driver's Champion.

I totally forgot Speed was no longer in F1 but his replacement got the same results - a position in double-digits. Bravo.
Bring back wider rear wings, V10s, and tobacco advertisements

cerebraljl

West wrote:It certainly seems like McLaren will wrap up both championships. I just hope Alonso prevents Hamiilton from becoming rookie Driver's Champion.
same here i simply cant stand lulu

m3_lover

Who was the commenator on the speed channel and what about to david hobbs?
Simon: Nils? You can close in now. Nils?
John McClane: [on the guard's phone] Attention! Attention! Nils is dead! I repeat, Nils is dead, ----head. So's his pal, and those four guys from the East German All-Stars, your boys at the bank? They're gonna be a little late.
Simon: [on the phone] John... in the back of the truck you're driving, there's $13 billon dollars worth in gold bullion. I wonder would a deal be out of the question?
John McClane: [on the phone] Yeah, I got a deal for you. Come out from that rock you're hiding under, and I'll drive this truck up your ass.

vs331
vs331

m3_lover wrote:Who was the commenator on the speed channel and what about to david hobbs?
It was Townsend Bell standing in for Hobbs. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Townsend_Bell

modbaraban
modbaraban

Just curious ->
modbaraban wrote:PS: was it just my TV broadcast or the team radio was silent all the time?

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

Raikkonen's chassis was #264, IIRC, will he continue to use it or will it be replaced due to the accident :?:

Are most chassis replaced after an accident of the approximate caliber or no :?: Obviously there are many determining factors, but on average.

And from Ferrari's and McLaren's performance throughout the weekend, it's somewhat obvious Ferrari weren't "sandbagging" during Monza testing, they simply couldn't keep up even then. So if testing is anything to go by, Spa looks to be very promising for the reds, seeing that they raise their reliability level as well. Unreliability sure as heck doesn't help out at all.

Four more races to go......... :cry: .

vyselegend

1) Hamilton's overtaking on Raikonen was a great classic of Monza's straight. I really apreciated it. :D

2) Rosberg is an impressive driver! Last year he shone for his first GP, then collapsed in repeated rookie mistakes. This year all his races are fought against opponents such as Renault and BMW!
If FW30 is as good as Williams prentend it to be, then they will be back to success with such a driver. I have a very good feeling about them for next year.

3) Thank you very much Giancarlo for all the work done (and I say it without irony), but time has come to retire and let another one have a chance.

modbaraban
modbaraban

vyselegend wrote:1) Hamilton's overtaking on Raikonen was a great classic of Monza's straight. I really apreciated it. :D
I think it was more than that! He went sideways into that 1st corner on the curbs, leaving both me and Kimi -> :shock:
vyselegend wrote:3) Thank you very much Giancarlo for all the work done (and I say it without irony), but time has come to retire and let another one have a chance.
Oh, Fernando Alonso? :lol: