Problem accessing Forum with my mobile

Everything about this website and its content. Here you will find update announcements or requests for feedback. Questions about layout, functionality, content, and your suggestions are welcome.
Webber2011
24
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:01 am

Problem accessing Forum with my mobile

Post by Webber2011 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:57 am

Hey there guys, the last several days, whenever I try to access the forum on my mobile it says it's not available and may have changed web address.

I haven't seen anybody else bring the topic up, so I'm wondering what's going on ?

This is what I get every time I try to open the forum

I've tried googling F1Technical to see if the link I have saved to my phone has somehow been messed up, but to no avail

Any ideas peoples ?

Image

Steven
Owner
User avatar
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2002 5:32 pm
Location: Belgium

Re: Problem accessing Forum with my mobile

Post by Steven » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:10 pm

First time I hear about this.
Problems probably started since our full switch to https, but I cannot reproduce this.

Did you try to use another browser on your mobile? Or reset browser cache / cookies?

dans79
115
Joined: Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:33 pm
Location: USA

Re: Problem accessing Forum with my mobile

Post by dans79 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:18 pm

One of the things I've noticed is that the rating system doesn't work on mobile either. when you click "recommend" or "rate down" nothing happens.

Steven
Owner
User avatar
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2002 5:32 pm
Location: Belgium

Re: Problem accessing Forum with my mobile

Post by Steven » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:21 pm

dans79 wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:18 pm
One of the things I've noticed is that the rating system doesn't work on mobile either. when you click "recommend" or "rate down" nothing happens.
Since recently?

dans79
115
Joined: Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:33 pm
Location: USA

Re: Problem accessing Forum with my mobile

Post by dans79 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:41 pm

it's been like that for a year or more i think.

fyi, i think i might have accidentally reported your post (fat fingers).

JordanFiveOh
0
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:04 pm
Location: Texas

Re: Problem accessing Forum with my mobile

Post by JordanFiveOh » Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:36 am

I had not able to connect via Tapatalk on iPhone/iPad for the last week or so at least, but it is working now, FYI.

Webber2011
24
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:01 am

Re: Problem accessing Forum with my mobile

Post by Webber2011 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:10 am

Steven wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:10 pm
First time I hear about this.
Problems probably started since our full switch to https, but I cannot reproduce this.

Did you try to use another browser on your mobile? Or reset browser cache / cookies?
Hey there Steven, thanks for the reply mate.

Yeah I did reset the browser/cache and all a few days ago, but I just kept getting the same.
Anyhow mate,
It seems to be working fine now though.


I have a pretty new phone, but a cheap one, an OPPO
It updated overnight as well, so maybe something was going on with my browser that needed fixing ?

Anyhow, thanks for all the replies.

P.S. I can't recommend or downvote while using my mobile either never have, but I don't think it really matters.
Probably saves people from making rash decisions :lol: :lol: :lol:

Steven
Owner
User avatar
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2002 5:32 pm
Location: Belgium

Re: Problem accessing Forum with my mobile

Post by Steven » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:31 pm

JordanFiveOh wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:36 am
I had not able to connect via Tapatalk on iPhone/iPad for the last week or so at least, but it is working now, FYI.
https://www.f1technical.net/forum/viewt ... =7&t=26813

Webber2011 wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:10 am
Steven wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:10 pm
First time I hear about this.
Problems probably started since our full switch to https, but I cannot reproduce this.

Did you try to use another browser on your mobile? Or reset browser cache / cookies?
Hey there Steven, thanks for the reply mate.

Yeah I did reset the browser/cache and all a few days ago, but I just kept getting the same.
Anyhow mate,
It seems to be working fine now though.


I have a pretty new phone, but a cheap one, an OPPO
It updated overnight as well, so maybe something was going on with my browser that needed fixing ?

Anyhow, thanks for all the replies.

P.S. I can't recommend or downvote while using my mobile either never have, but I don't think it really matters.
Probably saves people from making rash decisions :lol: :lol: :lol:
Confirmed on my Android with Chrome: not working.
When emulating a mobile device with touch in regular Chrome, things work, so this will be a PITA :)

dans79
115
Joined: Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:33 pm
Location: USA

Re: Problem accessing Forum with my mobile

Post by dans79 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:43 pm

Steven wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:31 pm
Confirmed on my Android with Chrome: not working.
When emulating a mobile device with touch in regular Chrome, things work, so this will be a PITA :)
O god that will be super painful to fix.