2018 McLaren F1 Team - Renault

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
dr_cooke
dr_cooke

Re: 2018 McLaren F1 Team - Renault

Pls check lap times RAI-ALO. Same tyres with same number of laps on a damaged car... Around .7 to 1.2 most of the time

TheGkbrk
TheGkbrk

Did they pit Fernando?

dr_cooke
dr_cooke

Darth-Piekus wrote:
29 Apr 2018, 14:52

I just hope this B Spec Car in Spain can give us the power to be able to fight for the front and not forced to fight in the midfield with all those dangerous drivers.
The most dangerous driver is quite at the front of the pack :-D:-D:-D

proteus

Hehehe, another 7th place and Vandoorne managed to get into top 10. I am happy :)
If i would get the money to start my own F1 team, i would revive Arrows

Macklaren
Macklaren

I hope mclaren aren't using up all of their season's luck in the first 4 races! Amazing job to capitalize! Race pace continues to be very good. Bring on the Spain update!

nirvaand
nirvaand

Fernando could have been top 5 today if he didn't make contact first lap. Doesn't matter though, P7 and P9 not too bad at all, I just hope the car that they bring to Spain is a step up.

TheGkbrk
TheGkbrk

We remain ahead of Renault by a point. I have faith in Mclaren for their Spain upgrade, followed by a testing for further data and development. Fernando drove very well with a damaged car probably cut by some tenths .

Alonso Fan

proteus wrote:
29 Apr 2018, 16:04
Hehehe, another 7th place and Vandoorne managed to get into top 10. I am happy :)
I know I looked at the graphics on the last safety car period and was seeing him last and I thought it's game over. I didn't even notice when he made those moves.

I was surprised.
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

Sound Developer for Reiza Studios
Sound Modder for Assetto Corsa

diffuser

Yep Mission accomplished.... We're heading to Spain and the new car 4th in the constrictors and ALO 6th in Drivers.

Ground Effect
Ground Effect

Phew!!!!! I had posted yesterday about my concerns with Fernando starting around those guys... Luck really shined down on Mclaren today. But that said, another good drive from Fernando. Good recovery from Stoffel as well.
A lot of people complain about Stoffel not being good enough, too slow, bad starts etc. But he brings the car home, off the top of my head, I can only remember one retirement due to an unforced error. He'll improve, I'm pretty sure of that, he's got a tough teammate in Fernando, but he'll learn.
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

proteus

Alonso really earned his salary when he jumped back over Stroll at the end. Very well done.

ivanlesk
ivanlesk

Alonso Fan wrote:
29 Apr 2018, 16:11
proteus wrote:
I know I looked at the graphics on the last safety car period and was seeing him last and I thought it's game over. I didn't even notice when he made those moves.

I was surprised.
Would be nice to see onboards for all drivers for last few laps.

diffuser

Alonso Fan wrote:
proteus wrote:

I was surprised.
Good strategy puting on new boots 1 lap before the safety car came in. They were nice and warm.
Last edited by diffuser on 29 Apr 2018, 16:14, edited 1 time in total.

proteus

Ground Effect wrote:
Phew!!!!! I had posted yesterday about my concerns with Fernando starting around those guys... Luck really shined down on Mclaren today. But that said, another good drive from Fernando. Good recovery from Stoffel as well.
A lot of people complain about Stoffel not being good enough, too slow, bad starts etc. But he brings the car home, off the top of my head, I can only remember one retirement due to an unforced error. He'll improve, I'm pretty sure of that, he's got a tough teammate in Fernando, but he'll learn.
I was completely destroyed when i saw him going into the pits with just 2 wheels.

Alonso Fan

proteus wrote:
29 Apr 2018, 16:13
Ground Effect wrote:
I was completely destroyed when i saw him going into the pits with just 2 wheels.
Oh yeah I forgot about that haha. Reminded me of the renault/ferrari days for some reason, not sure why. It's been a long time we've seen him handle a damaged car like that I guess.

First I though it was just the front but then he came in the pits and the camera showed all the car and I was gobsmacked
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

Sound Developer for Reiza Studios
Sound Modder for Assetto Corsa