General Honda F1 Topic

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
hasika

Re: General Honda F1 Topic

Post by hasika » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:36 am

https://members.f1-life.net/report/70330/

The journalist said he had learn from Honda engineer that the upgrade didnt bring the rumored 30kw(40.8hp),but just a litte bit less than 20kw(27.2hp).

So I think it seems to be around 25hp.

hasika

Post by hasika » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:13 am

https://sportiva.shueisha.co.jp/clm/mot ... ndex_2.php

The STR13 still have some problems in Montreal,lack the stability of the rear and no Traction hurt the car's performance.
They will have some update from the chassis side in France GP.

Tanabe:I cant say much for the performance of our new power unit now,i think still need 2-3 grand prix to say how our SPEC2 engine was compared to Renault,if we have overtake them or not,i think then i can talk something about the performance that time.Anyway,on par with Renault dont means much beause the gap to Mercedes and Ferrari is till here,so we still have a lot work to do.

PlatinumZealot

Post by PlatinumZealot » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:22 am

Bill wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:24 am
The Honda pu is compact,lightweight,more driver ,requires less cooling,so what intangibles are on about
Intangibles: Non-physical things around the engine package. Communication, support, response time, proven track-record, familiarity, flexibility to demands, golf game invites, marketability, similarity of parts should streamline work etc. Whatever you can think of that is not the physical engine or the cash around it (I count cash as tangible - it's physical you can see it, count it, smell it whatever). The intangibles will take time to evaluate thoroughly because there are positives and negatives between the two manufacturers. Obviously I'm not an insider, but I would put Renault slightly ahead just for now mainly for familiarity and the short time Honda has to rebuild their F1 reputation.
"The true champions are also great men. They are capable of making difficult decisions, of admitting their mistakes and of pushing harder than before when they get up from a fall."

- Ferrari chairman Sergio Marchionne

Bill

Post by Bill » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:38 am

Got it

Revs84

Post by Revs84 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:27 am

PlatinumZealot wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:22 am
Bill wrote:
The Honda pu is compact,lightweight,more driver ,requires less cooling,so what intangibles are on about
Intangibles: Non-physical things around the engine package. Communication, support, response time, proven track-record, familiarity, flexibility to demands, golf game invites, marketability, similarity of parts should streamline work etc. Whatever you can think of that is not the physical engine or the cash around it (I count cash as tangible - it's physical you can see it, count it, smell it whatever). The intangibles will take time to evaluate thoroughly because there are positives and negatives between the two manufacturers. Obviously I'm not an insider, but I would put Renault slightly ahead just for now mainly for familiarity and the short time Honda has to rebuild their F1 reputation.
If playing golf puts Renault ahead of Honda in terms of intangibles, then I'm not surprised Renault are still behind Ferrari and Mercedes :lol:

loner

Post by loner » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:56 pm

hasika wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:36 am

The journalist said he had learn from Honda engineer that the upgrade didnt bring the rumored 30kw(40.8hp),but just a litte bit less than 20kw(27.2hp).

well they must of did something to the ICE processing beside increasing the output by 25 hp , now how about another 10 hp from upgrading the fuel...
It Tolls for Thee.

etusch

Post by etusch » Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:36 pm

There is a news tr motorsport site says Redbull will anounce Honda deal at home race...

maguetox

Post by maguetox » Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:52 pm

PlatinumZealot wrote:
Bill wrote:
An "intangible"... well more tangible was that Honda changed the whole PU in 2 hours and have the car ready for the qualy, something really unthinkable a couple of years ago, even last year in think.

etusch

Post by etusch » Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:44 pm

They are experienced about that :-)

Marti_EF3

Post by Marti_EF3 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:13 pm

loner wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:56 pm
hasika wrote:

well they must of did something to the ICE processing beside increasing the output by 25 hp , now how about another 10 hp from upgrading the fuel...
Redbull and STR uses Esso/Mobil 1 fuel right?? Maybe when Redbull have new fuel, STR too and will be another small gain there :mrgreen:

anthonyfa18

Post by anthonyfa18 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:10 pm

Marti_EF3 wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:13 pm
loner wrote:
hasika wrote:

Redbull and STR uses Esso/Mobil 1 fuel right?? Maybe when Redbull have new fuel, STR too and will be another small gain there :mrgreen:
yess they do

http://en.hondaracingf1.com/insights/th ... =undefined

Big Tea

Post by Big Tea » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:32 pm

Revs84 wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:27 am
PlatinumZealot wrote:
Bill wrote:
If playing golf puts Renault ahead of Honda in terms of intangibles, then I'm not surprised Renault are still behind Ferrari and Mercedes :lol:
There are a lot of things sorted out on a golf course.
Sitting in an office with records being kept you have to speak as such. When doing sport ( is golf sport? ) you can chatter and hint or once you know someone well enough just plain suggest, coerce, or bribe someone into taking a different point of view.

To have unforeseen consequences pointed out to you in a group meeting, especially with your boss there, chills the waters. A casual ' have you considered if... ' in the changing room room bar or while waiting for your 'slot' can be far more effective.

Its how the world runs, somewhat replacing the gentlemen's club.

The tea/coffee/ cold water machine serves a similar function internally.
Can I make a 3D printer on my 3D printer?

PhillipM

Post by PhillipM » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:14 pm

I bet Alonso wishes he'd had access to a golf course when he had the Honda in the back :D

TakataDomeNSX

Post by TakataDomeNSX » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:27 pm

https://streamable.com/2n28h

Gasly passing Kmag rather convincingly

loner

Post by loner » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:57 pm

Marti_EF3 wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:13 pm
loner wrote:
hasika wrote:

yeah i read they will have it at the Hungarian GP with fine tuning the new PU i think we are talking about easly more 15 hp from both feul and mapping.
the new ICE character seems way way better aggressively...
It Tolls for Thee.