2018 Italian Grand Prix - Monza, 31 Aug - 2 Sep

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
JonoNic

Re: 2018 Italian Grand Prix - Monza, 31 Aug - 2 Sep

foxmulder_ms wrote:
Zynerji wrote:
02 Sep 2018, 16:45
foxmulder_ms wrote:
02 Sep 2018, 16:44

They did it twice. I dont think they were "fake". They just wanted do go for the opposite strategy for the 1st one. For the 2nd one they would have entered if the times by Hamilton were worse than Rai on softs, they weren't.
Once on the lap Rai pitted, then both laps after...

3 times
Was it?? maybe. I still think the intention was not foul. They were just monitoring the times. they didn't know whether to pit or not...
Even if they did it 3 times. I doesn't matter. They can only hinder Kimi's entry once.
Always find the gap then use it.

siskue2005

foxmulder_ms wrote:
02 Sep 2018, 16:52
Zynerji wrote:
02 Sep 2018, 16:51
foxmulder_ms wrote:
02 Sep 2018, 16:49

Was it?? maybe. I still think the intention was not foul. They were just monitoring the times. they didn't know whether to pit or not...
Then why have a rule at all?
Rule is okay with what Merc did today man...
The rule is for fake purposeful trickery only.

Here they were actually going to pit, but team and or Lewis decided to keep going. That is not fake

Sieper

Phil wrote:
langedweil wrote:
Probably gonna be flamed for it, but I’d say that rewarding Bottas’s non-racing capabilities is exactly what is wrong nowadays .. an operator instead of a racer.
Why? He got the best result that was possible for him today. Clearly he was struggling this weekend, but he still got the max from his position.
Well, actually, because of that penalty Vettel was promoted to 4th, 5th would have been better for Hamilton.

Fulcrum
Fulcrum

Raikkonen was brave today, but he ultimately didn't have the speed to win the race. Hamilton had DRS every lap, and it was only a matter of time before he chose to execute a move that was many laps in the planning.

Ferrari didn't do much to help Kimi, but realistically he was outgunned and outmaneuvered by a team and driver at the height of their powers.

I think we wait for the inevitable news of Kimi's retirement now. I hope Ferrari give him the good grace to do so with his own voice, rather than via a press release.

Zynerji

foxmulder_ms wrote:
02 Sep 2018, 16:52
Zynerji wrote:
foxmulder_ms wrote:

Then why have a rule at all?
Rule is okay with what Merc did today man...
How so? The rule is to protect the pit crew... Mercs indecision doesn't seem to justify risking their crew, and contravening a rule... While I'm not upset for a lack of penalty, I don't understand why there is a rule that can be so easily ignored...

JonoNic

Shrieker wrote:Verstappen what a petulant little child ! People like him and Alonso are pure undiluted cancer. He should take note how no one wanted Alonso despite his skills. But he won't; cause he's sick.
Actually Alonso created disharmony in his teams and therefore teams steered clear of him. Not the same with Verstappen... yet

turbof1

guys, just a warning in advance: keep it tidy and clean here. We understand quite a few things happened during the race, but we don't want to see any fights over it.

Thank you.
#AeroFrodo

TAG

langedweil wrote:
Probably gonna be flamed for it, but I’d say that rewarding Bottas’s non-racing capabilities is exactly what is wrong nowadays .. an operator instead of a racer.
I think it's done in order to not bee to exultant over Hamilton's racing abilities because that's who won the day today. Mercedes created a trap for Raikkonen that worked perfectly. A trap that was was only available to them due to Vettel's bone headed move into turn one.

Giving Bottas some deserved recognition is just a way not to rattle an already rattled crew here. Mercedes using "the" Ferrari play book of encouraging Massa to ruin Hamilton's race.
माकडाच्या हाती कोलीत

Shrieker

Harvester wrote:
02 Sep 2018, 15:29
Hamilton very lucky. To go through this without any damage unbelievable.
Why is he lucky... You sound like he did something wrong. He didn't. After Hamilton put his nose ahead round the outside, it was checkmate. Yet Vettel wanted to press the issue and fight a lost cause, slid both in the front and the rear, and went into Hamilton.
Last edited by Shrieker on 02 Sep 2018, 16:59, edited 1 time in total.
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

iulian_florea
iulian_florea

Probably Hamilton just won both championships today, great move on lap 1.
He took a big risk because he knew Seb might understeer into him, but it all worked out for him.

I am not a Hamilton fan, but today he proved his class over his main competitor.

JonoNic

Hamilton had a wingman and Raikkonen didn't. Hamilton won

Spoutnik
Spoutnik

Restomaniac wrote:
02 Sep 2018, 16:50
Spoutnik wrote:
02 Sep 2018, 16:46
Hamilton need to finish his career at Ferrari
Why?
He may end up tied top on the all time championship’s table.
He will end up top on poles
He will end up top on wins.

I’m sure he’ll sleep fine.
Of course, but I think for all the support Ferrari got today, he would love that. Secondly I'd say if Vettel fail to win the championship this year, who is more capable of giving to Ferrari a new WDC ?

cirrusflyer

iotar__ wrote:
cirrusflyer wrote:
02 Sep 2018, 16:41
So Hamilton said tnx to Bottas.
You don't understand, they will discuss his support role AFTER the race :wink: .
I hear you! :D =D> :lol:
If flying were the language of man, soaring would be its poetry.
It's all about technology!
When you go fast, do not hesitate to go faster!

nevill3

Bottas was not sacrificed today, by keeping him out and holding up Kimi he benefited from fresher tyres at the end to be able to challenge Max and he would have passed him if he really needed to. The team knew he would not lose any places by staying out longer because of the gap to the rest of the field.
Sent from my Commodore PET in 1978

apexcontrol
apexcontrol

Spoutnik wrote:
02 Sep 2018, 17:00
Restomaniac wrote:
02 Sep 2018, 16:50
Spoutnik wrote:
02 Sep 2018, 16:46
Hamilton need to finish his career at Ferrari
Why?
He may end up tied top on the all time championship’s table.
He will end up top on poles
He will end up top on wins.

I’m sure he’ll sleep fine.
Of course, but I think for all the support Ferrari got today, he would love that. Secondly I'd say if Vettel fail to win the championship this year, who is more capable of giving to Ferrari a new WDC ?
hami pole record is a gift from mercedes, having for 4 years straight best PU. and having no good teammate.
and this race is the prime example of how the situation is .

hami needs help , en vettels screws it up .....that about sums up there 8 championships between them