2018 Singapore Grand Prix - Marina Bay, 14-16 September

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
dans79

Re: 2018 Singapore Grand Prix - Marina Bay, 14-16 September

apexcontrol wrote:
16 Sep 2018, 17:26
Bill_Kar wrote:
16 Sep 2018, 17:23
apexcontrol wrote:
16 Sep 2018, 17:10

preventing him to take much risk. i rather had dnf for him and hamilon then this second place

well have live with the fact that with out a fer or mer PU there is no chance of winning
Fortunately, not all MV fans are like you.
i like racing, if verstappen drives bad i will say so i have no bias toward driver who dont know how to race,
that i dont like vettel and hami they both suck, and this race verstappen sucked to
Based on the contents of your postings, I don't think you have any idea of what racing is really about. what you call racing sounds a lot like demolition derby.
197 104 103 7

NathanOlder

dans79 wrote:
16 Sep 2018, 17:29
apexcontrol wrote:
16 Sep 2018, 17:26
Bill_Kar wrote:
16 Sep 2018, 17:23

Fortunately, not all MV fans are like you.
i like racing, if verstappen drives bad i will say so i have no bias toward driver who dont know how to race,
that i dont like vettel and hami they both suck, and this race verstappen sucked to
Based on the contents of your postings, I don't think you have any idea of what racing is really about. what you call racing sounds a lot like demolition derby.
I honestly thought he was joking with his posts, but its clear now he truely believes in what he says.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

GrandAxe
GrandAxe

zac510 wrote:
16 Sep 2018, 17:08
GrandAxe wrote:
16 Sep 2018, 17:05
zac510 wrote:
16 Sep 2018, 17:00

Sure you can put Perez in too. I only mentioned Ocon because he is on Merc's payroll already (and Wolff was complaining about there not being a seat for him in 2019).
Perez in a Merc? Right now, even Force India must be wondering how the heck they signed such a fellow.
Seeing as we're putting words into the mouths of others, that was Hammerfist's idea to put Perez into the Merc.

Bottom line is I'm just disappointed in Bottas's performances when compared to his teammate. No doubt he is, too!
My bad, mate.

Shrieker

Perez, Grosjean and Sirotkin should not be in F1. I take comfort knowing that at least one of them won't be on the grid next season.
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

Sieper

Verstappen fought with Vettel thrice. Defend at start, defend and be overtaken on traction a few turns later and after exitting the pits. He even had a little stab at Lewis in the traffic. What more do you want from a car starting second on a street circuit where overtaking (and even following) is difficult. More then enough fighting spirit to me.

dans79

Shrieker wrote:
16 Sep 2018, 17:42
Perez, Grosjean and Sirotkin should not be in F1. I take comfort knowing that at least one of them won't be on the grid next season.
In Ted's notebook he had a conversation with someone I can't remember who, who said ocon wouldn't start 2019 on the grid, but with the way some of these guys are driving he might!
197 104 103 7

GrandAxe
GrandAxe

Vettel seems to be blaming Ferrari rather a lot these day's. Its not nice to see.
Maybe the marriage is crumbling with Leclerc coming.

Big Tea

dans79 wrote:
16 Sep 2018, 17:45
Shrieker wrote:
16 Sep 2018, 17:42
In Ted's notebook he had a conversation with someone I can't remember who, who said ocon wouldn't start 2019 on the grid, but with the way some of these guys are driving he might!
Jo Seward
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

TwanV
TwanV

Moose wrote:
16 Sep 2018, 17:25
TwanV wrote:
16 Sep 2018, 16:45
I really didn't think Mercedes would have the pace today but Hamilton showed us differently. Still not sure how VER got out in front of VET
Simple - a Force India
Exactly, what was Ferrari thinking.. :o

Sierra117

GrandAxe wrote:
16 Sep 2018, 17:56
Vettel seems to be blaming Ferrari rather a lot these day's. Its not nice to see.
Man, for me, when Arrivabene rebuked Vettel during quali ... that set off alarm bells in my head. A driver's focus goes to hell if your team boss says something so cold on live TV. Compare that to the relationship between Toto and Lewis, even during the 2016 season. I think the strongest word from Toto was when Nico and Hamilton came together - "mindless".
NIKI LAUDANZ SolidarityCubolligraphy | Instagram | Facebook
#Aerogorn & #Flowramir

GrandAxe
GrandAxe

Sierra117 wrote:
16 Sep 2018, 18:04
GrandAxe wrote:
16 Sep 2018, 17:56
Man, for me, when Arrivabene rebuked Vettel during quali ... that set off alarm bells in my head. A driver's focus goes to hell if your team boss says something so cold on live TV. Compare that to the relationship between Toto and Lewis, even during the 2016 season. I think the strongest word from Toto was when Nico and Hamilton came together - "mindless".
Really! I missed that, what did Arrivabene say?

drunkf1fan
drunkf1fan

proteus wrote:
16 Sep 2018, 16:36
zac510 wrote:
16 Sep 2018, 16:25
Another disappointing day from Bottas. If Merc had two Bottas, it'd seem like they have the 3rd best chassis on the grid.
Can't Merc pop Ocon into the car for 2019?
How can u say Bottas is not good enough? He is doing exactly what he is supposed to. He is helping Lewis when in need, and he is helping the team to secure the constructors title by keeping Raikkonen at bay.

Lets take a look at Racing point, where u have two independent drivers which are more or less the same in terms of pace. Another race where one pushed the other into a wall and a big fat zero in the end of the day.

At any other track he'd have been blown away by Kimi and Ricciardo passing him easily. Vettel was on the wrong tire and pitted too early and gave up a 30 second gap to Verstappen while Bottas was dropping back from Vettel. A driver with decent pace would have been pushing Vettel massively, causing him to either burn out his tires and drop back to 6th by pitting again or at least getting by him and leaving him under threat from Ricciardo.. though likely Kimi would act as a rear gunner and protect him.

When Vettel gives up 30 seconds to Verstappen and Bottas wasn't held up but was even slower again there is a massive issue. This was with Bottas pitting significantly later and onto the much better tire. HIs lack of pace today and putting no pressure on Vettel to make the race even worse for Ferrari was fairly unforgivable. If Vettel finished 2 seconds behind Verstappen and Bottas couldn't keep up that is one thing, but Vettel was insanely slow to preserve being on the wrong tire, Bottas should have absolutely punished Ferrari for that mistake and instead managed to look even worse when he was on the better tire.

Today Bottas was embarrassingly slow.

drunkf1fan
drunkf1fan

Also, how in the hell was MAgnussen not punished for making a clear all 4 wheels off track pass at a place where if you go off there you have to go around the bollard. It's an automatic give the place back or penalty and it wasn't even investigated.

Restomaniac
Restomaniac

drunkf1fan wrote:
16 Sep 2018, 18:08
proteus wrote:
16 Sep 2018, 16:36
zac510 wrote:
16 Sep 2018, 16:25
Another disappointing day from Bottas. If Merc had two Bottas, it'd seem like they have the 3rd best chassis on the grid.
Can't Merc pop Ocon into the car for 2019?
How can u say Bottas is not good enough? He is doing exactly what he is supposed to. He is helping Lewis when in need, and he is helping the team to secure the constructors title by keeping Raikkonen at bay.

Lets take a look at Racing point, where u have two independent drivers which are more or less the same in terms of pace. Another race where one pushed the other into a wall and a big fat zero in the end of the day.

At any other track he'd have been blown away by Kimi and Ricciardo passing him easily. Vettel was on the wrong tire and pitted too early and gave up a 30 second gap to Verstappen while Bottas was dropping back from Vettel. A driver with decent pace would have been pushing Vettel massively, causing him to either burn out his tires and drop back to 6th by pitting again or at least getting by him and leaving him under threat from Ricciardo.. though likely Kimi would act as a rear gunner and protect him.

When Vettel gives up 30 seconds to Verstappen and Bottas wasn't held up but was even slower again there is a massive issue. This was with Bottas pitting significantly later and onto the much better tire. HIs lack of pace today and putting no pressure on Vettel to make the race even worse for Ferrari was fairly unforgivable. If Vettel finished 2 seconds behind Verstappen and Bottas couldn't keep up that is one thing, but Vettel was insanely slow to preserve being on the wrong tire, Bottas should have absolutely punished Ferrari for that mistake and instead managed to look even worse when he was on the better tire.

Today Bottas was embarrassingly slow.
Indeed.
Bottas saved Vettel from a likely 6th and presented him with a 3rd.

NathanOlder

Vettels tyres would have needed to go off badly for Bottas to pass though, as we saw Perez couldn't pass the Williams with a tyre advantage, so who's to say Bottas would have passed. If he did pass id bet that kimi would have then acted as rear gunner and kept Seb in 4th.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC