Porsche & the buzz around 2021 Engine Regulations

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Maritimer
Maritimer

Re: Porsche & the buzz around 2021 Engine Regulations

Porsche literally race the cars they sell though, in every sports car championship on the planet. Le Mans alone would get them more attention than a whole season of F1. You need to drop the whole marquee thing you're stuck on, everyone knows Porsche race. There is an entire Porsche series let alone two cars with their name on them bumbling around in F1 for the few of us with pay to view TV to watch. GT racing gives the most bang for your buck when you can point to the car on the salesfloor and say "we race that in America and Europe almost every weekend of the year".

TAG

By your argument here Mercedes and Ferrari have no business in F1 either.
माकडाच्या हाती कोलीत

Big Tea

TAG wrote:
19 Nov 2018, 21:14
By your argument here Mercedes and Ferrari have no business in F1 either.
My son drove Porsch for several years, he now drives an AMG C63. It may be working :D
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

zac510
zac510

IMO as it stands there won't be another manufacturer to join until another one leaves. We've seen from Honda that it seems to be important to supplying your engine to 2-3 teams and Ferrari and RBR are setting a standard for technical partnerships with at least one other team. At the moment there's no space for another manufacturer to come into the sport at that level.

McG

TAG wrote:
19 Nov 2018, 18:32
McG wrote:
19 Nov 2018, 05:10
TAG wrote:
16 Nov 2018, 01:07

Do you have anything other than your opinion for this comment?
The fact they pulled out of WEC and are unlikely to join F1.
And why did they pull out of WEC? It's as costly as F1 and doesn't have nearly the level of eyeballs on it and racing one other team which you handily beat wasn't giving them a lot of bang for the buck. When you're selling cars you have be in racing that people see. So they're willing to spend the money clearly that wasn't it. Now no VW group brands are not racing at a marquee level and F1 is the only form of motorsport they haven't conquered. I think that position has less chance of being right as it does of being wrong, but you're not alone in that conclusion. Time will tell.
It's 100% percent correct until they enter F1 or go back to WEC.

They might be waiting on the rule changes for WEC. As for F1, Liberty Media are happy to let Mercedes and Ferrari to rule until 2023 at least, so no Porsche for a long time. I believe they have stopped going to F1 meetings now.

I'm afraid you're letting hope cloud your judgment.
F1 is dead.

TAG

McG wrote:
20 Nov 2018, 00:34
TAG wrote:
19 Nov 2018, 18:32
McG wrote:
19 Nov 2018, 05:10

The fact they pulled out of WEC and are unlikely to join F1.
And why did they pull out of WEC? It's as costly as F1 and doesn't have nearly the level of eyeballs on it and racing one other team which you handily beat wasn't giving them a lot of bang for the buck. When you're selling cars you have be in racing that people see. So they're willing to spend the money clearly that wasn't it. Now no VW group brands are not racing at a marquee level and F1 is the only form of motorsport they haven't conquered. I think that position has less chance of being right as it does of being wrong, but you're not alone in that conclusion. Time will tell.
It's 100% percent correct until they enter F1 or go back to WEC.

They might be waiting on the rule changes for WEC. As for F1, Liberty Media are happy to let Mercedes and Ferrari to rule until 2023 at least, so no Porsche for a long time. I believe they have stopped going to F1 meetings now.

I'm afraid you're letting hope cloud your judgment.
And I'm afraid you've concluded an argument in which everything you've said about Porsche not joining can be said about Ferrari, Mercedes, or gasp... Renault. Your conjecture is no better than mine. Interestingly you've missed the biggest reason that the momentum of a couple of years ago waned which was the cost for dieselgate.
माकडाच्या हाती कोलीत