2019 Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Manoah2u
Manoah2u

Re: 2019 Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

NathanOlder wrote:
07 Feb 2019, 15:07
@Manoah2u

"Might get some reasonable results in other classes" When Gp2 ended, Vandoorne held nearly every record in the series, and he was only there 2 years, not like he hung around and took records.

Here are a few

Total wins
Total wins in feature races
Total pole positions
Most consecutive pole positions
Total podiums
Most podiums in a season
Total points
Most points in a season

And holding all these are just reasonable results #-o

He performed better than Hamilton, Rosberg, Lelclerc, Gasly, Grosjean, Kovalainen, Ericsson, Glock, Piquet , Maldonado, Perez , Petrov & Bianchi. All of these had longer in F1 than Vandoorne, yet he beat them all in stats in F1's feeder series. To say he has no talent is nothing short of a joke.
in F1,
he sucks

in FE,
he sucks

fine for him to achieve something in GP2 with no competition.
in F1,
he sucks

hence, again, glad he's gone.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

NathanOlder

In F1 if he was paired with Button, It would have been completely different, He was put in a crap car, next to someone who is the best at getting performance from a crap car.

As for Formula E, 3 races, He qualified 5th, 6th and then broke down in the other qualifying. And that sucks. If he sucks as you say, he wont ever win a race , fancy a bet ? or wont put your money where your mouth is as you know you are wrong.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

RonDennis
RonDennis

If Vandoorne would have performed much better than Norris, they could have just kept Vandoorne and sign Norris. They clearly weren't satisfied with Vandoorne, so he had to go. He also hasn't impressed me once during two seasons.

GoranF1
GoranF1

Vandoorne is still getting used to FE, he was in Mclaren against the 2nd best driver in F1 history, a driver who beat Schumaher in a car that was for 60% of the year inferior to 2006 Ferrari, against a driver who scored same points and same number of wins as future 5 time WC in a team which openly sabotaged him in favor of other guy.
Alonso is esspecialy good in cars whit fundamntal chassis problems, i think even Button would not do any better than Vandoorne did.
Vandoorne will soon start to show his potential in FE.

What the problem is are current Mclaren line up.
"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

Ground Effect
Ground Effect

GoranF1 wrote:
07 Feb 2019, 15:59
Vandoorne is still getting used to FE, he was in Mclaren against the 2nd best driver in F1 history, a driver who beat Schumaher in a car that was for 60% of the year inferior to 2006 Ferrari, against a driver who scored same points and same number of wins as future 5 time WC in a team which openly sabotaged him in favor of other guy.
Alonso is esspecialy good in cars whit fundamntal chassis problems, i think even Button would not do any better than Vandoorne did.

2nd best in F1 history???? Anyways, that's another can of worms....
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

marmer
marmer

GoranF1 wrote:

button did do a better job in a bad car..

mclaren have the best line up they could hope for at the moment. a proven talent that hasn't reached the top so won't just moan about being slow like alonso did. a top prospect in lando to bring on. and for where the car is most likely to be this year they hardly need alonso in the car anway. they won't be near red bull, ferrari or merc.
they might be near renault but i doubt it. haas racing point and alfa should all be beatable if they have made a decent car none have top drivers unless kimi decideds to be again

GoranF1
GoranF1

Ground Effect wrote:
07 Feb 2019, 16:10
GoranF1 wrote:

2nd best in F1 history???? Anyways, that's another can of worms....
:D

PhillipM
PhillipM

Button was great in the Mclaren, a par with Alonso. Vandoorne was shite.

RonDennis
RonDennis

GoranF1 wrote:

The only one sabotaging the team was Alonso. He was the reason why McLaren was fined 100 million.

GoranF1
GoranF1

RonDennis wrote:
07 Feb 2019, 17:23
GoranF1 wrote:

The only one sabotaging the team was Alonso. He was the reason why McLaren was fined 100 million.
Not really, but after that the team sabotaged him..

M840TR
M840TR

RonDennis wrote:
GoranF1 wrote:

So Mclaren steal Ferrari secrets and it's Alonso's fault? Nice.

GoranF1
GoranF1

M840TR wrote:
07 Feb 2019, 17:50
RonDennis wrote:
GoranF1 wrote:

Whats the point of debating this whit someone who has user name as his?

Ground Effect
Ground Effect

RonDennis wrote:
GoranF1 wrote:

According to Andrew Benson, the whole spygate issue was misrepresented, Fernando never threatened to reveal they had Ferrari data to the FIA. Besides, Bernie and Max Mosley admitted that the $100M fine was excessive. $5M for the offence, $95M for Ron Dennis being a twat.
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

proteus

GoranF1 wrote:
07 Feb 2019, 17:55
M840TR wrote:
RonDennis wrote:

Whats the point of debating this whit someone who has user name as his?
M840TR wrote:
RonDennis wrote:
GoranF1 wrote:

I have no doubt that same thing was happening the other way arround, but Mclaren were the only ones who got caught.

Championship teams allways dedicated resources for spying on others, getting all the info they could get, decoding radio messages and so on - more they could steal, the better.

Alonso is guilty of ratting out his own team, for imunity. But what really shows what of a bad person he is, is the 2008 incident getting a victory he did not deserve, and jet he is still telling that that victory was his to take, knowing his team cheated.

I simply never liked him. The final straw for me was last year in France where Vettel slipped past him and Alonso spun and he said "i hope he has damage", even though Vettel did it practically clean as a whistle (and i really really dont like Ferrari or Vettel).
If i would get the money to start my own F1 team, i would revive Arrows

_cerber1

You are not tired of discussing the drivers of past years?