2019 Scuderia Toro Rosso F1 Team - Honda

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
McMika98
McMika98

Re: 2019 Scuderia Toro Rosso F1 Team - Honda

Usual snowflakes trolling here by zealous Honda fans. This is a Toro Rosso forum, not Honda. No one posted much for a while but you all want the glory. Can you please remind me where Toro Rosso qualified this week or to that matter in the previous two races? Honda to their credit has turned a corner but still lacking in quali compared to Renault thats there to be seen.

McMika98
McMika98

loner wrote:
28 Jul 2019, 21:23
next 10 races will be interesting to see a good battle between Mclaren , Renault and STR .. after Honda spec 4 debut specially with Renault reliability...
as of German GP
Mclaren 70 points
STR 42 points
Renault 39 points
Racing point has come in leaps and bounds. On a dry race the car isnt as good to conpetition but hopefully RedBull will give some insights

sn809
sn809

For sure if it would not have been for Bottas crash, it would have been Hinda 1&2

Pyrone89

McMika98 wrote:
Usual snowflakes trolling here by zealous Honda fans. This is a Toro Rosso forum, not Honda. No one posted much for a while but you all want the glory. Can you please remind me where Toro Rosso qualified this week or to that matter in the previous two races? Honda to their credit has turned a corner but still lacking in quali compared to Renault thats there to be seen.
Was that a Renault I saw smoking? :mrgreen:
True GOATs don’t need the help of superior material to win.

Tom Brady, Usain Bolt are true GOATs.

KelsO
KelsO

Lewis Hamilton
What a crazy race. This has been one of the most difficult races we’ve had as a team for a long time. I thought I had the race under control, but we took a risk going out on slicks and the race fell apart from there. I went wide at Turn 16 and it was like ice out there, then hit the wall and damaged my wing. I made a mistake and paid the price. I was in the lead and then finished P11. I’m not even sure how, but that’s very painful and I’m just glad it’s over. It’s hard to perform when you’re not at 100 per cent. I need to make sure I’m fit and healthy again in time for the next race. You live and you learn from days like this. It’s important now that we regroup for Hungary. I’m happy for Seb, who fought his way back to P2 from the back, and how good to see Daniil and Toro Rosso on the podium too - good for them.
https://twitter.com/JensonButton/status ... 7846177792

loner

McMika98 wrote:
28 Jul 2019, 21:25
loner wrote:
next 10 races will be interesting to see a good battle between Mclaren , Renault and STR .. after Honda spec 4 debut specially with Renault reliability...
as of German GP
Mclaren 70 points
STR 42 points
Renault 39 points
Racing point has come in leaps and bounds. On a dry race the car isnt as good to conpetition but hopefully RedBull will give some insights
i said after spec 4 which praised alot by RBR and rumored to have more 25 hp, beside the new sponsors money
para bellum.

GhostF1
GhostF1

McMika98 wrote:
Still lacking? You're insane. Two Renault's failed in this race. Two. I don't care which engines they were. Honda have had ZERO on track failures and every engine is still available to each driver in their pool.
They're clearly ahead now. Like it's not even debatable. Honda's development curve is nothing short of outstanding at this point and their next engine is their major one. Comparing it to the Renault which detonates every second race is foolish now. Get your head out of the clouds mate!

McMika98
McMika98

GhostF1 wrote:
29 Jul 2019, 02:56
McMika98 wrote:

Honda to their credit has turned a corner but still lacking in quali compared to Renault thats there to be seen.
Still lacking? You're insane. Two Renault's failed in this race. Two. I don't care which engines they were. Honda have had ZERO on track failures and every engine is still available to each driver in their pool.
They're clearly ahead now. Like it's not even debatable. Honda's development curve is nothing short of outstanding at this point and their next engine is their major one. Comparing it to the Renault which detonates every second race is foolish now. Get your head out of the clouds mate!
Typical flaky response. I said in quali mode not race, yes in race pace they have been one of the best. You think they have better modes in quali, please explain.
Toro Rosso is a solid chassis and is a good reference for engine performance.

gokarter
gokarter

Typical flaky response. I said in quali mode not race, yes in race pace they have been one of the best. You think they have better modes in quali, please explain.
in terms of race modes. i reckon honda is equal to mercedes and ferrari. and ferrari we all know the extra battery they use for qualifying.look at haas a car that struggle in race ,extremely quick in qualy. verysuspect for me . its mercedes who has the legitimately the best qualifying engine.

Jaisonas
Jaisonas

McMika98 wrote:
29 Jul 2019, 07:21
GhostF1 wrote:
McMika98 wrote:

Honda to their credit has turned a corner but still lacking in quali compared to Renault thats there to be seen.
The race is won on race day mate not on qualy day.

nzjrs

So the race pace from both cars was very good - they deserved well into the top 10. I wonder if they concluded much from the significant upgrades on Friday / Saturday, or if they need some more time to see if they worked as expected. Did anyone hear any comments specifically addressing this?

GhostF1
GhostF1

McMika98 wrote:
29 Jul 2019, 07:21
GhostF1 wrote:
McMika98 wrote:

Jeez what do you want to hear? Renault has a marginally more powerful quali mode (arguable), but a definitely worse race mode and the PU detonates regularly?

I know which I'd choose.

Datco
Datco

McMika98 wrote:
You might want to read the name of this thread again. lol

restless
restless

Actually TR has big problem - updates do not work as expected.
At least DK said so in interview Saturday after qualy.
face it - the rain helped, the gamble with slicks too. On dry in normal conditions tha car had no pace for more than point or two.
Year after year, same story - good start, then low gains from updates :/

nzjrs

restless wrote:
29 Jul 2019, 16:11
Actually TR has big problem - updates do not work as expected.
At least DK said so in interview Saturday after qualy.
face it - the rain helped, the gamble with slicks too. On dry in normal conditions tha car had no pace for more than point or two.
Year after year, same story - good start, then low gains from updates :/
I don't disagree, but watching on-boards, that car was handling very well in the rain. The Albon vs Hamilton battle, and the Gasly vs Albon battle (the earlier ones especially) were very instructive. The TR looked like a good car even when compared to RB.