2019 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Honda F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Sieper

Re: 2019 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Honda F1 Team

Then just stay in and say you have a sensor issue preventing the engine from starting (and make sure you have a broken sensor of course) and why set the fast time in FP3.

They had an issue with the kerb hopping. Hopefully that can be resolved for next race as you need to be able to jump kerbs.

Ground Effect
Ground Effect

Capharol wrote:
08 Sep 2019, 10:10
what i think about the "Egnine problems" of Verstappen..... its a small game he plays
he is saying engine problem - no time set or only a few laps, as for yesterday... he knew he needed to start at the back, so why making more milage with that engine, but you need an good excuse so what do you say .... engine problem and at the end its just a failsave or sensor that was acting up .... and believe me they know how and when these sensors jumps in...

but thats my theory
That's quite possible, but saying engine problem when there isn't any is not good for Honda PR. I think Red Bull and Honda are too big to play such games. How much mileage could he possibly save? Wouldn't it be better to just go out for one lap using the lowest modes possible or just drive to a delta?
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

Capharol
Capharol

Ground Effect wrote:
08 Sep 2019, 11:51
Capharol wrote:
08 Sep 2019, 10:10
what i think about the "Egnine problems" of Verstappen..... its a small game he plays
he is saying engine problem - no time set or only a few laps, as for yesterday... he knew he needed to start at the back, so why making more milage with that engine, but you need an good excuse so what do you say .... engine problem and at the end its just a failsave or sensor that was acting up .... and believe me they know how and when these sensors jumps in...

but thats my theory
That's quite possible, but saying engine problem when there isn't any is not good for Honda PR. I think Red Bull and Honda are too big to play such games. How much mileage could he possibly save? Wouldn't it be better to just go out for one lap using the lowest modes possible or just drive to a delta?
they equalize it with saying it was a sensor and not an engine issue :wink:

godzi
godzi

What are we waiting for to put kvyatt in the red bull Honda

SmallSoldier
SmallSoldier

Surprised that VER can make the move on PER... He has been in DRS range for a long time and with arguably the better tire (Medium) versus PER in same age Softs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ispano6

Probably should have gone with hards. Mediums just dropped off.

Marti_EF3

Albon almost got Hulk, few laps more. Shame that penalty and the run off battling with Sainz. But he was agressive.

Max tires probably gone pushing hard, but even with one more pit with broken FW he got points. Next Singapur, it will be much better

godlameroso

A good race, this was simply damage limitation. Given how the race started for Verstappen this was as good a result as he could have hoped for. Disappointed that Albon couldn't get one of the Renaults, but them's the breaks. Hopefully Kvyat's PU can still be used next race.

With the new fuel coming for next race, we should see the full potential of the spec 4 unleashed. With a normal weekend, we may have Verstappen on pole again. Singapore will be incredibly close, we know Mercedes is mighty around slow corners, and Singapore is nothing but that.

After that it's Sochi, this is a hard circuit to read, as the first two sectors play into RBR's strengths, and the final into Mercedes.

If spec 4 is a step up from spec 3 then we should be very good at Suzuka, which has similar requirements from the car as Silverstone. Long full throttle sections, high and mid speed corners, these attributes will play more into RBR's hands than they will with Mercedes. With the hairpin and Casio triangle being the only slow corners, and RBR being very good at hairpins, the only question mark will be engine power for sectors 2 & 3.

The esses, Dunlop, Degner 1, spoon curves and Casio triangle are the most critical turns as far as lap time is concerned. The RB15 is a match for anyone in these types of corners.
Last edited by godlameroso on 08 Sep 2019, 16:45, edited 2 times in total.
Saishū kōnā

Bill
Bill

I think after kyvat oil leaks they probably took it easy I think they lost at the start with unscheduled stop

Juzh

godlameroso wrote:
08 Sep 2019, 16:38
A good race, this was simply damage limitation. Given how the race started for Verstappen this was as good a result as he could have hoped for. Disappointed that Albon couldn't get one of the Renaults, but them's the breaks. Hopefully Kvyat's PU can still be used next race.
Verstappen was unable to pass perez for 20-25 laps, and tbh was only close once. I'd say even with the wing change setback the race was underwhelming in terms of result. Yes, albon was able to catch a renault, but given verstappen's stuggles to overtake a force india which had even worse pace, I don't think albon was even gonna pass hulk.

godzi
godzi

Marti_EF3 wrote:
08 Sep 2019, 16:37
Albon almost got Hulk, few laps more. Shame that penalty and the run off battling with Sainz. But he was agressive.

Max tires probably gone pushing hard, but even with one more pit with broken FW he got points. Next Singapur, it will be much better
Albon doesn't have the level.... Kvyatt with mediums was not far from the Thai, who was with a soft tire.
With a red bull, he must be in front of the Renault cars! If it was Gasly driving, he would have already received a death sentence!

Marti_EF3

godzi wrote:
08 Sep 2019, 16:58
Marti_EF3 wrote:

Albon doesn't have the level.... Kvyatt with mediums was not far from the Thai, who was with a soft tire.
With a red bull, he must be in front of the Renault cars! If it was Gasly driving, he would have already received a death sentence!
I don't think so. But you're free to think what you want.

McMika98
McMika98

godzi wrote:
08 Sep 2019, 16:58
Marti_EF3 wrote:

With a red bull, he must be in front of the Renault cars! If it was Gasly driving, he would have already received a death sentence
Nope he was doing same pace as Max. Only reason he was behind Kvyat was because of Sainz and the penalty.
Like i said before it was never going to be an easy race here and as Juzh points out even Max could not pass Perez using Spec 2 engine on Force India. The starts on Honda is just woeful always having to make up for it. Renault have a solid engine maybe better than Mercedes they were flying in sector 1.

McMika98
McMika98

Juzh wrote:
08 Sep 2019, 16:53

Verstappen was unable to pass perez for 20-25 laps, and tbh was only close once. I'd say even with the wing change setback the race was underwhelming in terms of result. Yes, albon was able to catch a renault, but given verstappen's stuggles to overtake a force india which had even worse pace, I don't think albon was even gonna pass hulk.
Perez is a wily fox, even so i expected Max to pass with the speed differential. Albon could never get in the DRS of Hulk. The Renault have awesome launch off traction corners and was pulling just enough going into finish line to avoid drs.
Gutsy drive and moves by Albon again.

hasika
hasika

A race to forget.
For Max,started from P20 and lost almost 30s in the first lap,then the race was really hard for him.Racing point was fast in the straight,and max seems cant be close enough to Perez in Parabolica.So its hard to overtake.I think his race pace was much better than Ablon in the race.
For Albon,he had a bad start and lose one or two position in first lap.Then he had a contact with Sainz when he decided to overtake the Mclaren,then lose some positions again.Then the virtual Safety car helped Renaults again.He catched Hulkenberg in the last few laps but his tyres was not enough to make the overtake happen.I dont know if there was some damage but his race pace was ok,obviously faster than the Renaults.
Kvyat's retire was also a bad thing for Honda if its PU-related.
The only positive thing for me is that Albon's performance was OK in his second race with RedBull,not Max's level yet though.