2019 Haas F1 Team - Ferrari

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
marmer

Re: 2019 Haas F1 Team - Ferrari

sprint car76 wrote:
23 Sep 2019, 19:56
An american team with no american drivers. Why hasn't steiner given colton herta at least a test drive. He young, he obviously has talent. Why is it that F1 is so blind about indycar. If the talent is bad why did Red Bull scoop up Patricio O' Ward? Could Herta be any worse than Grosjean?
He doesn't have anywhere near enough super license points he needs 25 points for a free practice session not sure about testing. The free practice license requires 25 points or some time in f2 which he doesn't have.

So they might be able to run him in a young driver test but at cost of running a driver from f2 that could actually turn out in F1 for real if needed. Perhaps they could run some f2 support races when they go to the Americas do it as a mini series. Canada USA Mexico and Brazil. Use same format gives an 8 race calendar. Using drivers from the Americas

sprint car76

Doesn't need a super license to test. If haas is serious about being americas team try spending some time actually looking for american talent. Thinking that any talent might only be in F3 orF2 is the problem. Didn't seem to bother Red Bull when they signed O'ward. Steiners strategy is running retread drivers that are not going to be around in the future and do nothing to advance their status as america's team. Why would any american company sponsor them, just because they have an american owner? Is any of the major parts on the car american made? Without Haas on the sidepod this team would be looked upon as just another european team.

Just my opinion, but if haas would like to cultivate an environment that makes them attractive to a large american sponsor they need to start by making use of some of the technology that's available in america. There are american companies involved in F1 unfortunately not with Haas. I'll give Haas props for taking on this venture but with steiner in charge any chance that this team having an american driver is doomed.

With all the money and billionaires in america this should have been an easy sell but it just hasn't turned out that way. Now there are rumors of a sellout. So much promise so little reward.

Zynerji

They need a visionary now that the foundation is laid for a solid team.

The person that is best to get you from A ->B is not always the best person to move you from B -> C.

rscsr

sprint car76 wrote:
24 Sep 2019, 00:31
Doesn't need a super license to test. If haas is serious about being americas team try spending some time actually looking for american talent. Thinking that any talent might only be in F3 orF2 is the problem. Didn't seem to bother Red Bull when they signed O'ward. Steiners strategy is running retread drivers that are not going to be around in the future and do nothing to advance their status as america's team. Why would any american company sponsor them, just because they have an american owner? Is any of the major parts on the car american made? Without Haas on the sidepod this team would be looked upon as just another european team.

Just my opinion, but if haas would like to cultivate an environment that makes them attractive to a large american sponsor they need to start by making use of some of the technology that's available in america. There are american companies involved in F1 unfortunately not with Haas. I'll give Haas props for taking on this venture but with steiner in charge any chance that this team having an american driver is doomed.

With all the money and billionaires in america this should have been an easy sell but it just hasn't turned out that way. Now there are rumors of a sellout. So much promise so little reward.
They don't need to be america's team. They want to sell HAAS CNC machines in Europe. They already basically own the American CNC market. Therefore they want to be known in Europe where they still have big opportunities to grow. And to be American isn't really that much of a seller in Europe, when there are so many great machines from Europe. At least for machines.

sprint car76

There best chance for sponsors is in america. They don't need another Rich Energy. I'm sure having this team has helped Haas sell his cnc machines but i'm sure that surge has slowed. Now going forward it's going to get tougher to move ahead in the standings. That takes money, lots and lots of money.

Mclaren has done an excellent job of hunting sponsors now it's haas's turn. Is steiner the guy to lead them in the future? That i'm not sure about. Rehiring grosjean was not the brightest move no matter how he explains it.

Big Tea

sprint car76 wrote:
25 Sep 2019, 07:30
There best chance for sponsors is in america. They don't need another Rich Energy. I'm sure having this team has helped Haas sell his cnc machines but i'm sure that surge has slowed. Now going forward it's going to get tougher to move ahead in the standings. That takes money, lots and lots of money.

Mclaren has done an excellent job of hunting sponsors now it's haas's turn. Is steiner the guy to lead them in the future? That i'm not sure about. Rehiring grosjean was not the brightest move no matter how he explains it.
Its not just getting the name seen, it is bringing important or potential customers to the hospitality and getting to know them and making impressions and deals. Anyone whit an interest would know the name, its the interaction that sells kit.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

Espresso

Big Tea wrote:
25 Sep 2019, 11:30
Its not just getting the name seen, it is bringing important or potential customers to the hospitality and getting to know them and making impressions and deals. Anyone whit an interest would know the name, its the interaction that sells kit.
Well the midfield (pilots) complains about F1 airtime.
(In other words every second of airtime earns the drivers money, thats why they want to be on TV)

But this 'Gunther F*cking' twitter account is always generating a lot of attention! :lol:
So Haas gets there exposure through a variety of media and news and planted as a brand in the world.
As you say, first goal achieved, now pamper the potential clients in the hospitality and get the contracts....

https://mobile.twitter.com/BanterSteine ... uSp_SWarTk
Do you feel the need to post, comment or criticize in this forum?
Please substantiate (why, how, what) your reply!
This is no twitter or chatbox but a forum.

Stay friendly and keep away bashing, trolling & baiting from our wonderful technical forum. --> Forum Guide

jagunx51

............!!!!

bauc

great post, cant wait for drive to survive season 2 :D
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

Morteza

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

ispano6

Gene Haas contemplating to sell the team??? What if it becomes a Chinese or Russian team?

https://www.autoracing1.com/rumors.asp?tid=34998

Scorpaguy

ispano6 wrote:
12 Jan 2020, 05:19
Gene Haas contemplating to sell the team??? What if it becomes a Chinese or Russian team?

https://www.autoracing1.com/rumors.asp?tid=34998
Seems strange to me. GH cannot be serious that his team was ever going crowd the podium. Aside from 2019...he has been a successful midfielder. I somewhat remember the whole venture being aimed at showcasing his firm's CNC machining cred...maybe the numbers went too red (or I guess he could suffer from that uniquely american form of ADHD).

Lykuss

I honestly think Gene will sell the team if it is another lacklustre season. Ferrari will have to cut staff by 150-250 in preparation for 2021 and divert the staff to the former Haas team to be renamed Maserati as has been rumoured for quite some time.