[ 2020 ] Scuderia Ferrari - Ferrari

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Manoah2u

[ 2020 ] Scuderia Ferrari - Ferrari

Team: Image Scuderia Ferrari
Base: Image Maranello, Italy
Team principal: Mattia Binotto
Technical director(s): Mattia Binotto

Race drivers:
5 Image Sebastian Vettel
16 Image Charles LeClerc

Test drivers :

Chassis: SF-20H
Engine: Ferrari V6 Turbo

2019 position: 2nd (504 pts)

This thread is to discuss the 2020 Scuderia Ferrari F1 TEAM
Last edited by Manoah2u on 31 Dec 2019, 14:44, edited 2 times in total.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

jumpingfish

Re: [ 2020 ] Scuderia Ferrari - Ferrari

Team principal - Maurizio Arrivabene? :wtf:

LM10

jumpingfish wrote:
30 Dec 2019, 09:36
Team principal - Maurizio Arrivabene? :wtf:
Also engine 062 Evo is not quite up to date. :)

Manoah2u

Damn. Should have checked the threads at a better time than late at night lol.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Wouter

Q & A with Charles Leclerc at the Autosport event. Full interview.

https://motorsport.tv/embed/iSoz8gOQ-as ... w?autoplay
The Power of Dreams!

PlatinumZealot

Is the train in the station yet? ;-)
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

jumpingfish

Has anyone else noticed that lately there have been a lot of “insiders” from Ferrari? It is strange to me that journalists are very well aware of how much less the gearbox will be accurate to 1 mm, that the wheelbase will be shorter by 30 mm, the rake will increase, the engine will become more powerful by 30 hp, the results in the wind tunnel and on the simulator are unsatisfactory and etc. Is such an information leak allowed by the management of the team, or are ordinary workers too frank outside the factory?

marvin78

Perhaps they are all lies?

jumpingfish

marvin78 wrote:
15 Jan 2020, 08:56
Perhaps they are all lies?
I see no reason for them to lie. Information about the short gearbox does not give anything valuable to rivals. Even if we assume that Ferrari begins to use "sandbags" (poor results in a wind tunnel) before the start of the tests, RB and Mercedes will still focus on maximum improvement for the upcoming struggle between themselves. I am more inclined to think that ordinary employees of the plant are too talkative with reporters.

Polite

the very last time that Leo Turrini talked about poor windtunnel results was the 2017... i dont think they are so poor at all :mrgreen:

LM10

Ferrari has been talking in a pessimistic way about their current wind tunnel and simulation figures this winter. Last time this happened was 2017. I can remember that both in 2018 and 2019 they were happy and cautiously optimistic pre season.
There must not be any meaning to all that, but it’s interesting to point out.

skoop

jumpingfish wrote:
15 Jan 2020, 07:50
Has anyone else noticed that lately there have been a lot of “insiders” from Ferrari? It is strange to me that journalists are very well aware of how much less the gearbox will be accurate to 1 mm, that the wheelbase will be shorter by 30 mm, the rake will increase, the engine will become more powerful by 30 hp, the results in the wind tunnel and on the simulator are unsatisfactory and etc. Is such an information leak allowed by the management of the team, or are ordinary workers too frank outside the factory?
In my opinion it's just Ferraris private silly season :)

jumpingfish

Leclerc will test 18" tyres
https://it.motorsport.com/f1/news/f1-fe ... i/4674741/
Interestingly, Mattia Binotto has decided to deploy only the pilot who has a valid contract for next season (Charles has extended until 2023), while Sebastian Vettel is expiring agreement at the end of this season and will have to negotiate during the season the possible renewal.
The vision, therefore, is very clear, and we believe this, but someone suggests that we can also read a hierarchy of the Scuderia on the approach to the season of the two riders of the Cavallino.
What I can't understand is the Italian media's attempts to look everywhere for hidden meanings, conspiracies, political aspects and so on in the ordinary decisions of the team management.
"Leclerc will test, and Vettel - not. Aha! Is Vettel's career over? NicoRosberg.jpg" #-o
Can anyone find similar in the British or German media about Russel testing tires instead of Ham or Bottas? Maybe when Sirotkin was testing 18" the French assumed Ricciardo will be expelled?

Webber2011

jumpingfish wrote:
23 Jan 2020, 12:37
Leclerc will test 18" tyres
https://it.motorsport.com/f1/news/f1-fe ... i/4674741/
Interestingly, Mattia Binotto has decided to deploy only the pilot who has a valid contract for next season (Charles has extended until 2023), while Sebastian Vettel is expiring agreement at the end of this season and will have to negotiate during the season the possible renewal.
The vision, therefore, is very clear, and we believe this, but someone suggests that we can also read a hierarchy of the Scuderia on the approach to the season of the two riders of the Cavallino.
What I can't understand is the Italian media's attempts to look everywhere for hidden meanings, conspiracies, political aspects and so on in the ordinary decisions of the team management.
"Leclerc will test, and Vettel - not. Aha! Is Vettel's career over? NicoRosberg.jpg" #-o
Can anyone find similar in the British or German media about Russel testing tires instead of Ham or Bottas? Maybe when Sirotkin was testing 18" the French assumed Ricciardo will be expelled?
Seems to just be the way some of the Italian media go about "reporting" these things.