Scuderia Ferrari SF91?? Speculation Thread

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
F1Krof

Re: Scuderia Ferrari SF91?? Speculation Thread

Wroom wroom

MtthsMlw

F1Krof wrote:
08 Feb 2020, 22:52
So its 1000 bhp (+)
They'll enter their 1000th gp this season.

PlatinumZealot

So... Knocked out in Q1... Unsafe relase in the back of a Haas... And engine blow out at turn 2 on the pneultimate lap. Okidokie. Marking my Calendar.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Lykuss
Lykuss

Why wouldn’t they just call it the F2020. Sounds right to me

TheEngineer
TheEngineer

Would the livery/logo/name discussion be better located in the team thread as opposed to the car hardware and development thread?

MtthsMlw

TheEngineer wrote:
09 Feb 2020, 14:10
Would the livery/logo/name discussion be better located in the team thread as opposed to the car hardware and development thread?
Once the official car thread is up yes. These speculation threads have no rules it seems :D

PlatinumZealot

TheEngineer wrote:
Some topics overlap significantly.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

LM10
LM10

I can remember reading the reason behind Ferrari's relatively early launch date. Mattia was talking about some bench tests or whatever it was right after launch. Does someone know what the reasoning was and why would a later launch hinder them from doing the tests anyway?

MtthsMlw

LM10 wrote:
10 Feb 2020, 00:38
I can remember reading the reason behind Ferrari's relatively early launch date. Mattia was talking about some bench tests or whatever it was right after launch. Does someone know what the reasoning was and why would a later launch hinder them from doing the tests anyway?
I see this as more of a mentality thing. They could run these tests whether the car is launched or not.
Announcing an early launch date early - as they did - might push the workers a bit to deliver on time. The earlier the better to run more dyno tests.
There was also talk about them pulling a Merc this year, bringing a much more advanced car to the second week of testing.

zibby43
zibby43

No idea how reliable this source is, but here is a translation:

https://www.corriere.it/sport/formula-1 ... 4a18.shtml

"Among the particularities it will have white and very visible numbers that reflect the design used between 1979 and the early 1980s. There will also be a particular version of the Tricolor."

"The 2020 machine is the result of the development of that of last year, and it is natural that this will happen in 2021 with regulations and tires unchanged. Surprises, however, will not be missing, both in colors and graphics. A particular version of the Tricolor will appear, a choice also connected to the place of presentation. In Reggio Emilia, in 1797, the Italian flag was born, the mayor of the city, Luca Vecchi, will deliver to the stables an historical version of the banner. Confirmed the matte varnish (to save weight), the red will be darker, less toned to orange, and with new touches. Like the numbers that mark Charles Leclerc (16) and Sebastian Vettel (5): they resume the design used between 1979, that of the Jody Scheckter World Cup, and the early 1980s. White numbers, very visible, characterized by a thin profile, of the same color, which surrounds each digit. It is a tribute to a period of great competitive intensity, closely linked to the unforgettable «27» by Gilles Villeneuve."

"Second act, the technical menu. The wheelbase (the distance between the front and rear wheels) has remained unchanged, the weak points of aerodynamics have been rethought to obtain more load in the slower and more guided sections of the slopes. For this reason we will see a more complex Ferrari in the appendices, less «clean» in the forms but not «beaten» forward in the Red Bull style. More elaborate and ductile precisely to go strong in the corners, where on certain circuits the 2019 single-seater also lost more than 1 '' from Mercedes recovering in part thanks to the speed on the straights."

"Simone Resta, returning from Alfa, joined the group of frame builders (Enrico Cardile and David Sanchez) . But the design philosophy of the front and "bellies" does not change, some of these solutions have been taken up in general concepts by both Mercedes and Red Bull."

"On the engine, research continued to have more power from the V6 and from the electrical side and to control consumption: the power unit is a theme that in the past season has given significant joys but also a series of controversies that will not be able to continue, with the hope that the Federation establish clear criteria and parameters to avoid speculation and gossip that damage F1 above all."

"Last act: in the hunt for the name, the abbreviation SF1000 is particularly popular as a bet: it would celebrate Ferrari's 1000th GP in F1 that falls in Canada, but it can slip in France if the Chinese GP as it seems will be canceled or postponed. And the most rational SF20 (meaning 2020). In the end it is an irrelevant detail, all that matters is that this new Red is more effective and more fortunate than her last older sisters."

TheEngineer
TheEngineer

PlatinumZealot wrote:
09 Feb 2020, 16:12
TheEngineer wrote:
I understand that being that the car hasn't officially been released various speculation can be thrown about, where I agree with Mtthsmlw. I just expected to come onto this thread to read about technical speculation of the car, where name/logo/livery doesn't affect the performance and development.

PlatinumZealot

TheEngineer wrote:
10 Feb 2020, 12:05
PlatinumZealot wrote:
09 Feb 2020, 16:12
TheEngineer wrote:
I understand that being that the car hasn't officially been released various speculation can be thrown about, where I agree with Mtthsmlw. I just expected to come onto this thread to read about technical speculation of the car, where name/logo/livery doesn't affect the performance and development.
It's the speculation thread. Discussing the livery is fine conpared the other technical crap thats spouted. Its just a temporary thread. No one knows the actual technical details till the cars are released anyway and the speculation thread thus closed.

In fact, the official Haas thread should be created since they launched the actual Haas car.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

TechF1

The confirmed name for the new car is SF 1000 . =D>
https://www.quotidiano.net/blog/turrini ... 000-5.6161

Ringleheim
Ringleheim

So the paint color will be darker and less orange than the last couple of years.

That is a big step forward. Now if we could only get them to give up this matte finish!

Will be watching live tomorrow at 18:30 CET with everyone else.

Let's hope it's a stunner!

Zynerji

Are we thinking 2007 red, but matte? Or like 2012 red/white matte?