[ 2020 ] Scuderia Ferrari - Ferrari

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
mika vs michael
mika vs michael

Re: [ 2020 ] Scuderia Ferrari - Ferrari

Maybe coronavirus to Mercedes guys is the best or even the only chance for Ferrari to have a shot on the championship...
Let's wait and see the second week. First week was not great on mileage count...
"It is necessary to relax your muscles when you can. Relaxing your brain is fatal." Stirling Moss

I tried this and I had understeer, I tried that and I had oversteer, at the end of the corner I just run out of talent

f1jcw
f1jcw

izzy wrote:
24 Feb 2020, 00:17
f1jcw wrote:
23 Feb 2020, 22:55
Ah, it allowed me a read through google
The relevant parts
Italy has imposed a strict quarantine across at least 10 towns as authorities in its wealthy northern regions battled to contain the largest outbreak of coronavirus outside of Asia.
God what a nightmare. if there's one thing F1 teams and factories do it's work closely together, so if anyone gets it they'll all have to be quarantined, and that's at best!

Perhaps they'll have to self-isolate at least the race team? And what about the test even? Can F1 afford to let them turn up and mingle with the entire circus?
Will they have come home from Barcelona or stopped?

izzy
izzy

f1jcw wrote:
24 Feb 2020, 01:02
izzy wrote:
24 Feb 2020, 00:17
f1jcw wrote:
23 Feb 2020, 22:55
Ah, it allowed me a read through google
The relevant parts
God what a nightmare. if there's one thing F1 teams and factories do it's work closely together, so if anyone gets it they'll all have to be quarantined, and that's at best!

Perhaps they'll have to self-isolate at least the race team? And what about the test even? Can F1 afford to let them turn up and mingle with the entire circus?
Will they have come home from Barcelona or stopped?
yes if they've stayed in Spain that would definitely have been a good idea wouldn't it!

Ringleheim
Ringleheim

Can we stop talking about viruses, please, and get back to the Ferrari F1 team?

Thanks!

Ringleheim
Ringleheim

JPBD1990 wrote:
22 Feb 2020, 15:08
The more I read Binotto’s comments, the more I wonder if they’ve got something up their sleeve. In particular, he said they’re operating the car at the extremes of suspension and aero setup to correlate on track and simulator data. This could certainly explain why their lap times dropped off so quickly on any given stint. Combined with low engine modes, stuff started to fall into place...

Of course, could be total wishful thinking
I think that's wishful thinking. The reason why I'm in a full panic mode (LOL) as a Ferrari fan is b/c Binotto sounds totally dejected and I don't see any game playing here at all.

Also, pretty much everyone in the media who knows these guys on a personal level and is around them constantly thinks Ferrari is in trouble. The little circus of F1 is a tiny little cultural group and everyone knows everyone else's business. The consensus seems to be that Ferrari has built a bad car, or at least a car with issues.

If it has, for yet another year, the entire Aero department needs to be shown the door. But that's a topic for another time; too early to get into that now.

Mattchu

Ferrari will be fine, they may even have the best car! They have learned from the past few years that testing is not the place to show bravado, do that and it`s very easy to end up with egg all over your boat race.

The team have been quietly going about their business, granted they haven`t done mega laps but they probably didn`t need to. Maybe the first testing session was solely designated to systems checks which I`d imagine aren`t something that makes the team "upbeat". Come the end of this week we might see a different scenario, then again, we might not, still I fancy them to do well in Bahrain at least.

jumpingfish

I assume that part of their work was to collect data for their new simulator instead of Spider, the construction should be completed as soon as possible. Leclerc also talked about finding the best car settings, that was their weak spot in 2019.

Wouter

Ringleheim wrote:
24 Feb 2020, 21:17
Can we stop talking about viruses, please, and get back to the Ferrari F1 team?

Thanks!
Why? It affects Ferrari.
This morning in the news on TV:

Request from authorities

At the request of the local authorities, Ferrari has closed its two museums and employees who have been in the affected areas are no longer allowed to enter the Ferrari premises, Gazzetta reports. :(
All tours to the factory have been suspended indefinitely and Ferrari limits all unnecessary business trips.
Part of the team is in Barcelona because of the winter tests.
More than 220 infections have been reported in northern Italy. In the meantime, a seventh person has died because of the corona virus. Schools, universities, museums and cinemas are closed in the affected areas. Public meetings are also prohibited.
The Italian Ministry of Education has decided to temporarily suspend all planned educational exchanges.
The Power of Dreams!

zokipirlo
zokipirlo

Mattchu wrote:
24 Feb 2020, 23:27
Ferrari will be fine, they may even have the best car! They have learned from the past few years that testing is not the place to show bravado, do that and it`s very easy to end up with egg all over your boat race.

The team have been quietly going about their business, granted they haven`t done mega laps but they probably didn`t need to. Maybe the first testing session was solely designated to systems checks which I`d imagine aren`t something that makes the team "upbeat". Come the end of this week we might see a different scenario, then again, we might not, still I fancy them to do well in Bahrain at least.
I have the same feeling that they rather do 10 different configurations for 10 laps, then 1 configuration for 60 laps. They realized last year that focus too early on details is a problem through the year, when you are affected with different circuits and weather conditions. You need to know how car behaves on different changes and where to look for improvements, because race weekend is very limited with time, engine and tires.
We will probably see this week qualy laps and race simultions which will tell us much more.

basti313
basti313

Mattchu wrote:
24 Feb 2020, 23:27
Ferrari will be fine, they may even have the best car!
Yes, of course. They got rid of Alonso, so the car is no longer a dog :-"

:mrgreen:
Don`t russel the hamster!

Wouter

:shock: :?:

The Power of Dreams!

Tiakumosan
Tiakumosan

Maybe a contract renewal announcement?

MtthsMlw

In the middle of testing? Either at their 1000th GP or Monza. If at all ofc.

FrukostScones

Tiakumosan wrote:
25 Feb 2020, 22:51
Maybe a contract renewal announcement?
Vettel to retire immediately.
Will take shelter in a Swiss mountain reduit with his family.
Princess P. Wehrlein to replace him.
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

scazzo infinito

during the press conference announced today, will be communicated the extension of vettel's contract.