[ 2020 ] Renault F1 Team - Renault

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
PowerandtheGlory
PowerandtheGlory

Re: [ 2020 ] Renault F1 Team - Renault

Great to finally see the car.. the Renault F1 DP...,.
Hey...! Why are you all giggling at the back of the room???
“I don't believe in luck, luck is preparation and taking your opportunity” Ross Brawn

Webber2011
Webber2011

PowerandtheGlory wrote:
11 Mar 2020, 09:25
Great to finally see the car.. the Renault F1 DP...,.
Hey...! Why are you all giggling at the back of the room???
My thoughts exactly when I first saw the car 🤣😂🤣😂

JordanMugen

djos wrote:
11 Mar 2020, 08:30
Looks good, nothing radical but still good looking.

Did it occur to the designers that the "E-Tech" logo is barely legible in blue writing on a black background. :roll:

Hopefully that will get changed to simple white text or yellow text shortly. :)

I think the side profile should be more like this, the small decals for Infiniti and RS have never made sense to me:

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

JordanMugen wrote:
11 Mar 2020, 11:47
djos wrote:
11 Mar 2020, 08:30
Looks good, nothing radical but still good looking.
https://www.formula1.com/content/dam/fo ... /image.jpg

Did it occur to the designers that the "E-Tech" logo is barely legible in blue writing on a black background. :roll:

Hopefully that will get changed to simple white text or yellow text shortly. :)

I think the side profile should be more like this, the small decals for Infiniti and RS have never made sense to me:
https://i.imgur.com/nRKvH2B.jpg
it's delibarate. in this picture, it's a tad dark, but nonetheless, exactly because it's blue, it takes more attention.
likewise that they're wearing blue hats now, the blue of the hat pops more out than the black and yellow of their overalls. in your photoshopped version, it's in that particular PHOTOSHOPPED image clearer to read, but it's pretty bland and general in the livery scheme.

also, your infiniti argument works for you, but not for the brand. you've just removed the most recognisable and important feature of a car brand, it's LOGO.
there's pre-definitioned space a sponsor is allowed to take up on the car due to how much they're willing to PAY/INVEST. so you're disregarding that too.

it doesn't work like that, so sorry, but what you're doing is what makes no sense.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

JordanMugen

Manoah2u wrote:
11 Mar 2020, 16:24
it doesn't work like that, so sorry, but what you're doing is what makes no sense.
I see!

In final livery, Renault has been removed from the engine cover entirely, with GENII decal moved from RW endplate back to the engine cover.

Jambier

So now...

- No customer for next year
- No top driver
- Renault is globaly in a bad shape

Sad when you are a fan. Let's see what the future brings, but the really quick departure of RIC is worrying, maybe he thinks Renault will withdraw?

Should they call Hulkenberg back? Who else?

El Scorchio

I'd say it's quite damning of the team and the state they are in that Ricciardo jumped ship so soon. He obviously thinks McLaren is a better horse to back- I guess there's also more prestige in driving for them- and maybe he can see that despite their words and promises, Renault aren't really going anywhere soon. There are so many lessons to learn from other talented drivers wasting their careers by making bad choices and sometimes loyalty is not rewarded. Would be good to see Hulkenburg back though if that were to happen.

djos

I think Riccardo sees Maclaren getting Mercedes engines as a huge draw card. On top of that it’s likely that if Mercedes pulls out of F1 as a constructor, that Maclaren will return to being the Mercedes factory team.
"In downforce we trust"

godlameroso

Who will they place along Ocon? I'm scratching my head here.
Saishū kōnā

Macklaren
Macklaren

godlameroso wrote:
14 May 2020, 14:32
Who will they place along Ocon? I'm scratching my head here.
Will be Hulkenberg. Despite all the Twitter teasing, I really don't see ALO coming back to fight for top-10 finishes, not to mention Renault probably cannot afford him (same logic for VET moving to Renault). HULK makes a lot of sense -- obviously very familiar with the team, reliable driver, not too expensive. Good benchmark for Ocon given the number of drivers who have driven alongside Hulk recently and moved on.

alexx_88
alexx_88

I think they'll be pushing for Alonso to keep the "growing team" perspective ticking along. Otherwise paying Ricciardo top money for two years would've been for nothing.

Fulcrum
Fulcrum

Renault will be looking to spend as little as possible, considering the financial environment. I think Alonso's typical salary would make him a highly unlikely hire, unless he took a big pay cut or had a salary structured toward performance bonuses.

Fulcrum
Fulcrum

Hulkenberg and Vandoorne of the recent ex-drivers would both be strong candidates.

Of drivers on the grid and out of contract, Gasly, Kvyat, Grosjean or Magnussen would be strong possibilities. Gasly or Grosjean would make it an all French lineup, which hold some appeal for the Renault boardroom.

I think Vettel will join Kimi in retirement come the end of the year.

Big Tea

Fulcrum wrote:
14 May 2020, 15:36
Hulkenberg and Vandoorne of the recent ex-drivers would both be strong candidates.

Of drivers on the grid and out of contract, Gasly, Kvyat, Grosjean or Magnussen would be strong possibilities. Gasly or Grosjean would make it an all French lineup, which hold some appeal for the Renault boardroom.

I think Vettel will join Kimi in retirement come the end of the year.
or join Kimi where he is now?
Just for fun
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

alexx_88
alexx_88

Big Tea wrote:
14 May 2020, 15:44
or join Kimi where he is now?
Just for fun
I don't think Ferrari would want that. They are using Alfa Romeo as a development path for their young drivers. Filling it with ex-Ferrari drivers seems counter-intuitive.