[ 2020 ] Scuderia Ferrari - Ferrari

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
SAEED
SAEED
3
Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:17 pm

Re: [ 2020 ] Scuderia Ferrari - Ferrari

Post

When Kimi is such no nonsense they still can't tell him it straight. Sheds light on intra team communication at Ferrari. @ 4:50. Also amazing how Bottas mentions it but doesn't really seem pissed off by 'Valtteri It's James'. @10:19 and @11:00

User avatar
GPR-A
91
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:08 pm

Re: [ 2020 ] Scuderia Ferrari - Ferrari

Post

siskue2005 wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 7:02 pm
TAG wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 6:57 pm
siskue2005 wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 6:40 pm
Yeah true, after watching the Alono's 2010 start which was remarkably similar to Vettel except for Kimi being there :) ... if there were just Vettel and Max then there would not be any contact.
The question you should be asking is; if it was Alonso, Verstappen and Kimi, would Alonso have crashed into Kimi. He's known to have great peripheral awareness which is the reason he's often able to make great starts. Being aggressive is the easy part.
True, i never was an Alonso fan, only now i am starting to appreciate his skills, some of his race starts were phenomenal over the years.... and his placement of car in such tight situations in start and close fights have always been top notch.... and coming to your point, yes i think Alonso wouldnot have crashed in the same situation even if there was Kimi and Lewis on the other side of Max :lol:

Just look at his 2013 Spanish GP start and race overtakes :o


Only other driver with equal awareness i would say is schumacher, then closely followed by Lewis
[media]


[/media]

sosic2121
sosic2121
19
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2016 11:14 am

Re: [ 2020 ] Scuderia Ferrari - Ferrari

Post

siskue2005 wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 4:47 pm
Jolle wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 2:27 pm
siskue2005 wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 1:23 pm


Remarkably similar chop i have to say, but atleast Alonso did that on a dry track
Plus having a good start and checking his mirrors if there were no cars next to the chopped one.

there is a reason Vettel crashes in cases like this and Alonso and Hamilton don't.
Yup true, there are countless instances like that
Like in vidio posted in previous post? #-o :lol:

User avatar
siskue2005
170
Joined: Fri May 11, 2007 8:50 pm

Re: [ 2020 ] Scuderia Ferrari - Ferrari

Post

sosic2121 wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 7:44 am
siskue2005 wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 4:47 pm
Jolle wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 2:27 pm


Plus having a good start and checking his mirrors if there were no cars next to the chopped one.

there is a reason Vettel crashes in cases like this and Alonso and Hamilton don't.
Yup true, there are countless instances like that
Like in vidio posted in previous post? #-o :lol:
Sorry, i didnt understand

User avatar
jumpingfish
25
Joined: Sat Jan 26, 2019 3:19 pm
Location: Ru

Re: [ 2020 ] Scuderia Ferrari - Ferrari

Post

In March, Ferrari stopped the factories in Maranello, before the FIA moved the summer holidays to spring and increased their duration. In May, Ferrari and the rest of the teams began to resume their activities, does this mean that Ferrari had fewer working days than the rest of the teams based in the UK?

LM10
LM10
87
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:07 pm

Re: [ 2020 ] Scuderia Ferrari - Ferrari

Post

jumpingfish wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 6:33 am
In March, Ferrari stopped the factories in Maranello, before the FIA moved the summer holidays to spring and increased their duration. In May, Ferrari and the rest of the teams began to resume their activities, does this mean that Ferrari had fewer working days than the rest of the teams based in the UK?
I think some other teams stopped their work at the same time as well. I don’t know, if the FIA made it be fair eventually. Other teams having more working time would be quite an unfair thing of course.

User avatar
ringo
231
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:57 am

Re: [ 2020 ] Scuderia Ferrari - Ferrari

Post

TAG wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 6:57 pm
siskue2005 wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 6:40 pm
Yeah true, after watching the Alono's 2010 start which was remarkably similar to Vettel except for Kimi being there :) ... if there were just Vettel and Max then there would not be any contact.
The question you should be asking is; if it was Alonso, Verstappen and Kimi, would Alonso have crashed into Kimi. He's known to have great peripheral awareness which is the reason he's often able to make great starts. Being aggressive is the easy part.
This is what i know of Kimi. Haven't heard it said about Alonso, given his tendency to spin on curbs in the wet now and again, but yes he is good at wheel to wheel racing.
For Sure!!