[ 2020 ] Aston Martin RedBull Racing F1 Team - Honda

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Jaisonas
Jaisonas

Re: [ 2020 ] Aston Martin RedBull Racing F1 Team - Honda

Watched the replay, the moment Verstappen switched to engine 9 pos 8 the engine just shut off. Sounds like electrics to me. Looks like he ruined the gearbox as well with the engine keep cutting out.

DChemTech
DChemTech

Good thing is that max managed to keep up with bottas quite decently on the mediums. Had the car not given up, he wouldn't have had a half bad chance to fight even without all the safety cars - and with the safety cars and proper strategy perhaps more so. As hoped, it was not all as bad as yesterday projected it to be in that respect.

But the reliability was not expected, and really really unfortunate in a season like this.

Marti_EF3

Sorry, but I can't see anything positive today. And with the season being shorter... It's game over I think right now

DChemTech
DChemTech

Marti_EF3 wrote:
05 Jul 2020, 17:53
Sorry, but I can't see anything positive today. And with the season being shorter... It's game over I think right now
Mercedes was not entirely free of problems today. Next time it may be the other way around. Yes it hurts chances, yes, especially in a shorter season. But it's not over until someone is declared champion.

IvailoStefanovBG

Very interesting race for me. Unfortunatelly alot of technical issues, but I feel 2020 season will be like this. Albon made very good impression to me. RB perfect on the tactics side. Next week final result can be very different.

Wouter

The Power of Dreams!

godlameroso

Gutted for Albon, Hamilton seems to keep spinning him right round baby right now like a record. He could have won this race. Instead double DNF. It's very frustrating. Oh well, we try again next weekend.
Saishū kōnā

JordanMugen

Marti_EF3 wrote:
Winning the championship is a bit of an overly lofty goal IMO. RBR has a good chance for multiple podiums this season, which is a strong result and good season. :wink:

bosyber
bosyber

Which has to be seen as disappointing for a team like them, with a driver like Verstappen, and Albon, and their ambitions.

Marti_EF3

DChemTech wrote:
05 Jul 2020, 17:56
Marti_EF3 wrote:
Mercedes was not entirely free of problems today. Next time it may be the other way around. Yes it hurts chances, yes, especially in a shorter season. But it's not over until someone is declared champion.
Yeah, but I don't believe it. Always saying on radio they have problems. And then never is true, and only their customer teams fail. And If in a short track like Austria they can gain such an advantage, at Silverstone it will be painful...

DChemTech
DChemTech

I didn't see that major advantage in the race... In quali, yes. But racepace looks closer.

Marti_EF3

JordanMugen wrote:
05 Jul 2020, 18:15
Marti_EF3 wrote:
Winning the championship is a bit of an overly lofty goal IMO. RBR has a good chance for multiple podiums this season, which is a strong result and good season. :wink:
It's more of the same. Which is boring as hell. Midfield teams now can achieve podiums too, so multiple podiums is nothing near a good season, because 2021 will be the same cars again...

Marti_EF3

DChemTech wrote:
05 Jul 2020, 18:22
I didn't see that major advantage in the race... In quali, yes. But racepace looks closer.
Bottas was nursing tires when he opened that 5s gap until Verstappen car failed

JordanMugen

bosyber wrote:
05 Jul 2020, 18:19
Which has to be seen as disappointing for a team like them, with a driver like Verstappen, and Albon, and their ambitions.
They could have won this race (albeit on strategy), so it's not all bad! :)

TNTHead

This race learns again that everything needs to be flawless, power/chassis pace, reliability, team operations, no driver errors etc. And let not forget, you still need some luck, LEC being second shows that to keep the car running, not making errors can give you valuable points as well.