[ 2020 ] Aston Martin RedBull Racing F1 Team - Honda

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Racer X

Re: [ 2020 ] Aston Martin RedBull Racing F1 Team - Honda

Man you guys must really be mad at Hamilton Redbull could have had a double podium in my opinion but i mean lots of others had Engine issues too.
RedBull Racing Checo//PEREZ

Macklaren
Macklaren

I'm no Vettel fan but now I'm really hoping he can get the second RBR seat. With ALO back, 2021-22 can be one of the most talented grids we have had in years!

McMika98
McMika98

Macklaren wrote:
07 Jul 2020, 18:55
I'm no Vettel fan but now I'm really hoping he can get the second RBR seat. With ALO back, 2021-22 can be one of the most talented grids we have had in years!
He is washed up as a punch drunk boxer. The new blood are so much fresher and better racer. This crop of nee generation racers can go wheel to wheel without dumb crashes.
Hopefully next year will be the death knell to the likes of Alonso, Hamilton.
These guys egos are 10 bigger than what their value.

Wouter

McMika98 wrote:
07 Jul 2020, 20:22
He is washed up as a punch drunk boxer. The new blood are so much fresher and better racer. This crop of nee generation racers can go wheel to wheel without dumb crashes.
Hopefully next year will be the death knell to the likes of Alonso, Hamilton.
These guys egos are 10 bigger than what their value.
#-o #-o #-o :roll:
The Power of Dreams!

langedweil

loekf2 wrote:
07 Jul 2020, 08:02
GhostF1 wrote:
07 Jul 2020, 07:04
I'm not entirely sure why this is suddenly again "bad news for Honda". They were clearly second best end of last season, and to be honest that was track based, they outperformed Merc on some final tracks, with again, impressive reliability with no actual failures. Ferrari.. well, lets not get onto that (clearly they were a bit naughty), Renault had every sort of problem, K issues, H issues, turbo issues, ICE failures.

They are at worst 2nd to Mercedes at the moment and although the double PU issues in Austria make me a little concerned, they seem to be electrical gremlins, both still run. I'm not sure where the Renault is quicker comment came from. Where? Qualifying and Race they were no faster and actually apart from Lando turning it up to qualifying mode in the final lap, the Renault powered teams were slower than the Honda ones. So that's clearly a baseless, antagonistic comment.

And there is a reason McMika98 is on my ignore list, I suggest you lot do the same. To him, no matter what, Honda and whatever team they are related to is always and will always be total rubbish.
"Electrical gremlins" makes no sense to me. RB16 should be similar to RB15. What has changed ? Someone decided to optimize electrical cabling just because you can ? ICU is closely linked to the PU. Why would you change lots of software in that ICU ? Normally you build on existing code if that code was future proof.

It sounds like that during testing in Barcelona they didn't push the car to its limits, then with the 3 month break they forgot the small issues. I remember that during Barcelona testing, the RB16 was never high in the rankings, but Red Bull claimed no worries, we have our own program, all is well.
You don't spend/invest 400m+ to "forget the small issues" swa ...
HuggaWugga !

search

after the race, Horner mentioned that Verstappen's electrical issue was one they had seen before. Would be interesting to know when exactly that was - seems like they weren't able to sort it out back then.

Wouter

search wrote:
08 Jul 2020, 11:26
after the race, Horner mentioned that Verstappen's electrical issue was one they had seen before. Would be interesting to know when exactly that was - seems like they weren't able to sort it out back then.

First during the race they thought it was only an electric issue, but it wasn't.

About Albon. :(
The Power of Dreams!

search

Wouter wrote:
08 Jul 2020, 12:29
search wrote:

First during the race they thought it was only an electric issue, but it wasn't.
well, whatever it was, it's not new at least.

https://www.racefans.net/2020/07/05/hon ... -by-honda/

search

There was an interview with Marko in Austrian Kronen Zeitung today, by the way, where he brought up some interesting points I hadn't read about yet, like calling last weekend's gap in qualifying "no benchmark, as we had problems with the engine handling", and "one thing is for sure: we shouldn't get a slash in the face of losing half a second in qualifying again , as the qualifying mode of the engine is awesome."

Additionally he mentioned that "we are working frantically to sort out the problems we had with the chassis and the settings, but question is, how quickly we'll get the necessary new parts."

etusch

search wrote:
08 Jul 2020, 13:03
There was an interview with Marko in Austrian Kronen Zeitung today, by the way, where he brought up some interesting points I hadn't read about yet, like calling last weekend's gap in qualifying "no benchmark, as we had problems with the engine handling", and "one thing is for sure: we shouldn't get a slash in the face of losing half a second in qualifying again , as the qualifying mode of the engine is aweseome."
I think this is reasonable statement. As we have seen earlier Honda is cautious with the engine when it introduced for the first time. Then next race it showes its real potential with better mapping and other controls made after first race.
The other part of picture is, if 2020 Redbull car was faster than 2019 Redbull q3 performance, during testing at Barcelona this year, that means Redbull car is also improved but in Austria they were slower than last season. So there must be some issue to prevent them. As a team trying to beat rivals, of course they must solve these are too. But better part of that Redbull is not that bad. I hope better and closer performance this weekend.

Wouter

search wrote:
08 Jul 2020, 12:50
Wouter wrote:
08 Jul 2020, 12:29
search wrote:

well, whatever it was, it's not new at least.

https://www.racefans.net/2020/07/05/hon ... -by-honda/
Did you see the date of the article?

5th July 2020, 19:10 | Written by Dieter Rencken and Keith Collantine
Sunday just after the race! At the time, they thought it was a completely different problem. On Monday they found out that it was because of the flywheel when the car shot into the anti-stall. The flywheel has never caused problems here before, causing the anti-stall came into effect.
The Power of Dreams!

search

thanks, yeah, I somehow must have missed the discussion about it on the last page

about Marko's statement, I found interesting that the mentioned issues with the enginge during qualifying, and also with the chassis. Of course, there's always room for improvement, but I didn't really hear any complains about it over the weekend.

HPD

"We are putting a lot of resources into it," said Horner. "Maybe we are looking for a more extreme solution now that we know what is allowed." (DAS)

Meanwhile, Horner said he is confident the type of failure that caused Verstappen to retire in Austria last weekend will not recur at the Red Bull Ring's second race on Sunday.

"We have looked at all the parts and understand the problem," he said. "Now we need to work it out with Honda but I am confident we will find a solution for all four cars."

https://www.grandprix.com/news/red-bull ... ystem.html
(Servus TV)

Tiakumosan
Tiakumosan

search wrote:
08 Jul 2020, 14:41
thanks, yeah, I somehow must have missed the discussion about it on the last page

about Marko's statement, I found interesting that the mentioned issues with the enginge during qualifying, and also with the chassis. Of course, there's always room for improvement, but I didn't really hear any complains about it over the weekend.
After qualifying, Tanabe said nothing about problems with the engine, so I don't know what to think about this.

"Our PU worked fine in all four cars so far this weekend and we look forward to a good race, knowing that the competition looks very close."

Source: https://www.scuderiaalphatauri.com/en/a ... ying-2020/

HPD

How far are you with the analysis of the problems with the Verstappen car?
Marko: We have to clarify that with Honda. The parts have been flown to Japan and will be examined there Wednesday morning. Only when we have these analyzes can we say what really happened.

Mercedes was over five tenths faster in qualifying ...
But that's not a yardstick, we had problems with engine handling. The diagrams show that we were halfway there in the race.

What's the chance that Red Bull can strike back on Sunday?
We are working feverishly on the problems we had with the chassis or in the set-up, but the question is how quickly the necessary parts come there. But one thing is clear: in qualifying, we shouldn't get a half a second wading! Because the qualification mode of the engine was awesome! The racing speed was again reasonably good, and we have our options. All in all, we see a realistic chance that we can give Mercedes a better fight.

https://www.krone.at/2187467