2020 Emilia Romagna Grand Prix - Imola, Oct 31 - Nov 01

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Sieper

Re: 2020 Emilia Romagna Grand Prix - Imola, Oct 31 - Nov 01

Drop back and scratch a lap right? Because they take that lap back. Tire advantage? Drove 1 lap less on them? But I agree that would seem much more sensible.

Just_a_fan

Sieper wrote:
01 Nov 2020, 23:28
NathanOlder wrote:
01 Nov 2020, 22:52
Just_a_fan wrote:
01 Nov 2020, 22:46
Albon: someone hit me!
Russell: my fault, all on me.
:roll: RedBull way. :wink:
Oh please. And Albon did not say that like that. That is just unfair. Listen to the actual radio in the RBR team thread. He asked if he got hit, indeed thinking it was the case but clearly leaving it open and accepting the input from his engineer.

What else could Russell be thinking. Ofcourse he was devastated. But for sure it will help him in the future. He will be even more carefull and this can happen in a heartbeat. Most drivers have had this happen to them at some point.
Albion said it after the race during an interview.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

Sieper

You making it sound like he is obnoxious. He honoustly thought that. So did I actually. Just saying. Plus I am more replying on Nathan who I think is being disingenuous. If interested please feel free to come over to the RedBull teamthread to join this discussion in more detail.

PlatinumZealot

langedweil wrote:
01 Nov 2020, 17:00
LM10 wrote:
01 Nov 2020, 16:05
PlatinumZealot wrote:
01 Nov 2020, 15:55
Karma for Max for dissing disabled people and the people of Mongolia! :idea:
I highly doubt he dissed them on purpose. He didn't even know the meaning of it. Maybe just stop provocing.
Fact of the matter is that it is just a very common dutch word for calling someone an idiot ..
That makes the use of it even more disgusting. I hope the people that use the word mongol in that way learn better. The same for the word retard. My cousin is disabled so I only use the word retard in the physics sense. She feels hurt when that word is used. Good thing she doesn't watch Formula 1. Imagine what Mongolians who were watching though of it!
Last edited by PlatinumZealot on 02 Nov 2020, 01:09, edited 1 time in total.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

i70q7m7ghw

SiLo wrote:
01 Nov 2020, 23:41
Don't understand why they dont just tell lapped cars to drop to the back of the pack and then add a lap on, would be much safer
The timing system can't deal with that, it's been suggested several times in the past and that's always the reason they give.

PlatinumZealot

MtthsMlw wrote:
01 Nov 2020, 23:27
What on earth happened today with the lapped cars under the SC??
https://old.reddit.com/r/formula1/comme ... ly_during/
They were released far too early, going at very high speeds close to marshals still on track.

Hope this will be addressed.
Messy Masi at it again. Smh.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

algebraist

The English language is full of weapons and if you're going to brandish them without thought, expect them to blow up in your face.

Your comparison doesn't work because while "idiot" and "imbecile" refer to stupid actions, the context refers to single actions. The offensive term that Max used is a slur on someone's entire mental capability.

Any comparison between the term he used and calling someone a moron is an incorrect comparison and downright poppycock. In fact, I'd even say it was hard ---. (since poppycock is a corruption of the dutch term papee kakke meaning "soft ---".).

So for pity's sake realise Max was being very offensive, he's not been taken adequately to task for it and can we go back to the bloody current race and not the practice of the previous race!

ringo

Hamilton again... pretty much made his own luck with his pace.
Bottas was unlucky here. only thing he can be blamed for is driving on the debris.
Max i guess did the best he could. The failure just gave Bottas more breathing space for the P2 in the championship.
Again this race is showing the calibre of drive racing point are firing. Makes no sense.
Riciardo seems to be operating on a very high level with that Renault. Shame he doesnt get a top car to drive.
Albon, sad to say it, doesnt deserve to be in F1. Even Kyvaat has his good days.
They should put perez or kyvaat in that redbull. As random as kyvaats performances are he will do better than albon. He is mentally tougher and i dont think he takes redbull bad treatment personally.
The fight for 3rd in the constructors is now my focus. Hamilton and mercedes have already won.
For Sure!!

zibby43

Per Andrew Shovlin, Bottas was losing 7 or 8 tenths of a second per lap due to the FW end plate lodged in his W11.

Considering that, I think Bottas did an excellent job on Sunday.

https://the-race.com/formula-1/mercedes ... rari-part/

Deadpool

Mchamilton wrote:
01 Nov 2020, 21:18
Deadpool wrote:
01 Nov 2020, 20:09
nacho wrote:
01 Nov 2020, 20:01
Ericsson hit Albon from behind.

You are joking, right?

you have clearly been living under a rock if you don't know that joke
It seems so...

proteus

ringo wrote:
02 Nov 2020, 08:06
Bottas was unlucky here. only thing he can be blamed for is driving on the debris.
Max i guess did the best he could. The failure just gave Bottas more breathing space for the P2 in the championship.
Again this race is showing the calibre of drive racing point are firing. Makes no sense.
Riciardo seems to be operating on a very high level with that Renault. Shame he doesnt get a top car to drive.
Albon, sad to say it, doesnt deserve to be in F1. Even Kyvaat has his good days.
They should put perez or kyvaat in that redbull. As random as kyvaats performances are he will do better than albon. He is mentally tougher and i dont think he takes redbull bad treatment personally.
The fight for 3rd in the constructors is now my focus. Hamilton and mercedes have already won.
Kvyat was a decent replacement for Ricciardo, shame he got ditched because of two incidents with Vettel. He might have matured by now, but we have to be honest and admit that a nbr. 2 driver at RedBull can achieve max. 4th place on a normal race. And they have sufficient buffer zone against competitors. Less points overall even gives them less costs with a starting fee for next season.
If i would get the money to start my own F1 team, i would revive Arrows

Jolle

proteus wrote:
02 Nov 2020, 09:01
ringo wrote:
Kvyat was a decent replacement for Ricciardo, shame he got ditched because of two incidents with Vettel. He might have matured by now, but we have to be honest and admit that a nbr. 2 driver at RedBull can achieve max. 4th place on a normal race. And they have sufficient buffer zone against competitors. Less points overall even gives them less costs with a starting fee for next season.
Kvyat was Vettel’s replacement... that’s how long it’s already been.

It looks like that the Alpha Tauri is a totally different beast then the RedBull, especially since 2014. Only two out of the six drivers since then were able to get good results, the rest struggled while their time in other cars suggest they should do better.

proteus

Jolle wrote:
02 Nov 2020, 09:08
proteus wrote:
ringo wrote:
Kvyat was Vettel’s replacement... that’s how long it’s already been.

It looks like that the Alpha Tauri is a totally different beast then the RedBull, especially since 2014. Only two out of the six drivers since then were able to get good results, the rest struggled while their time in other cars suggest they should do better.
You are right, my mistake. Had a brainfart when writting. Seasons are flying by so quickly. 🙂

Juzh

proteus wrote:
ringo wrote:
Kvyat's been completely trashed by Gasly of all people. He was trash in RB and he is trash now, one single 4th place doesn't change that in any way, especially in a race where 2 guys in front DNFed, one of them being his teammate and a late SC gifting him even more chances. Prior to SC he was stuck firmly in 8th place (would be 9th if no gasly DNF).
There was absolutely zero shame he got swapped with Verstappen. He beat Ric in 2015 purely down to unfortunate circumstances that hit Ric multiple times when he was in a much better position than kvyat, who then simply drove to the finish line, miles out of contention. He had no pace and no racecraft.

proteus

Juzh wrote:
02 Nov 2020, 10:53
proteus wrote:
ringo wrote:
Kvyat's been completely trashed by Gasly of all people. He was trash in RB and he is trash now, one single 4th place doesn't change that in any way, especially in a race where 2 guys in front DNFed, one of them being his teammate and a late SC gifting him even more chances. Prior to SC he was stuck firmly in 8th place (would be 9th if no gasly DNF).
There was absolutely zero shame he got swapped with Verstappen. He beat Ric in 2015 purely down to unfortunate circumstances that hit Ric multiple times when he was in a much better position than kvyat, who then simply drove to the finish line, miles out of contention. He had no pace and no racecraft.
I disagree.