2020 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix - Yas Marina Circuit, Dec 11 - 13

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Phil

Re: 2020 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix - Yas Marina Circuit, Dec 11 - 13

Kind of predicting a strong race by Bottas. Hamilton, dont know what to expect with coming fresh off corona. Bottas will feel much better too, now that Hamilton is back in the car. I’m glad Hamilton is back, but i would have loved to see Bottas and Russel dish it out on a more representative track.
Not for nothing, Rosberg's Championship is the only thing that lends credibility to Hamilton's recent success. Otherwise, he'd just be the guy who's had the best car. — bhall II
#Team44 supporter

e30ernest
e30ernest

Phil wrote:
11 Dec 2020, 06:58
Kind of predicting a strong race by Bottas. Hamilton, dont know what to expect with coming fresh off corona. Bottas will feel much better too, now that Hamilton is back in the car. I’m glad Hamilton is back, but i would have loved to see Bottas and Russel dish it out on a more representative track.
Yeah, if Hamilton is 100% physically recovered from Covid, I expect him to be extra hot this race. He'll probably want to show how much he can dominate Bottas after Russell's showing last week. Whether this will mean he'll make some mistakes I don't know. But I think he'll be really hungry for this win.

Restomaniac
Restomaniac

So Russell delivers his Mercedes 2022 résumé with his display last weekend and now Bottas doesn’t even get a right to reply.

I bet Bottas is secretly seething.

Mogster

Restomaniac wrote:
11 Dec 2020, 10:17
So Russell delivers his Mercedes 2022 résumé with his display last weekend and now Bottas doesn’t even get a right to reply.

Bottas did beat George to pole quite handily saying how close qualifying was on the short track. After the regular stops he was catching Russell and it seemed he would have caught him well before the end, but we’ll never know the outcome. For all the bashing he’s taken I’d say for Bottas it wasn’t a terrible result, in the end inconclusive. Round 2 could have been worse...

Restomaniac
Restomaniac

Mogster wrote:
11 Dec 2020, 11:06
Restomaniac wrote:
11 Dec 2020, 10:17

Bottas did beat George to pole quite handily saying how close qualifying was on the short track. After the regular stops he was catching Russell and it seemed he would have caught him well before the end, but we’ll never know the outcome. For all the bashing he’s taken I’d say for Bottas it wasn’t a terrible result, in the end inconclusive. Round 2 could have been worse...
He beat a guy with his head popping out of the top of the car by a fraction. As for your comment about Bottas catching him well before the end well that’s obvious with there being a SC afterwards.

However Bottas’ team principle opened up on him as did his race engineer which is not something that Bottas would ever want to happen. Bottas will now just keep being questioned over it with no way of defending himself.

I said last weekend that the best thing to happen for Russell is for him to deliver his message and leave giving Bottas no chance to put him in his place. That’s what’s happened.

Wouter

Great news for Belgian and Dutch fans, among others.

The Power of Dreams!

NathanOlder

Surprised that Sky are talking about Mazepin's video. Its definitely now a big issue if its being talked about live during sky's broadcast. I wonder how Haas is feeling right now knowing they are signing this moron.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

jjn9128

NathanOlder wrote:
11 Dec 2020, 12:11
Surprised that Sky are talking about Mazepin's video. Its definitely now a big issue if its being talked about live during sky's broadcast. I wonder how Haas is feeling right now knowing they are signing this moron.
Indifferent if the rumours are true that Gene Haas is getting fed up of paying out to be at the back. He'll be paying big for the seat, possibly for the team in the future.
#aerogandalf
"There is one big friend. It is downforce. And once you have this it’s a big mate and it’s helping a lot." Robert Kubica

Wouter

The Power of Dreams!

NathanOlder

jjn9128 wrote:
11 Dec 2020, 12:25
NathanOlder wrote:
Indifferent if the rumours are true that Gene Haas is getting fed up of paying out to be at the back. He'll be paying big for the seat, possibly for the team in the future.
I remember reading somewhere that Haas could end up parking Mazepin on the bench but keeping the money as Mazepin has breached his side of the contract with this behaviour.
Basically if I paid to drive a race car, then behave like a moron, I get thrown out but I dont get my money back.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

LHamilton
LHamilton

NathanOlder wrote:
11 Dec 2020, 12:30
jjn9128 wrote:
11 Dec 2020, 12:25
NathanOlder wrote:
I remember reading somewhere that Haas could end up parking Mazepin on the bench but keeping the money as Mazepin has breached his side of the contract with this behaviour.
Basically if I paid to drive a race car, then behave like a moron, I get thrown out but I dont get my money back.
It becomes a little bit off-topic, but what I would like to see from HAAS is Mazepin getting back to F2 to show his redemption. Have a full year in F2 again, without any controversy. Have a spotless year on and off the racetrack, show that you have grown as a person and I would be willing to give him a seat in F1, if HAAS deem it still to be necessary with his money. Or at least I'd have a proper thought about it. For now, he's had to many incidents to which you wonder if he's ever gonna change.

_cerber1

Wouter

The Power of Dreams!

jjn9128

NathanOlder wrote:
11 Dec 2020, 12:30
Assuming they learned from Rich Energy and got the money up front :lol:
#aerogandalf
"There is one big friend. It is downforce. And once you have this it’s a big mate and it’s helping a lot." Robert Kubica

holeindalip
holeindalip

This is Bottas’ best chance at winning, if he can’t beat Russell or a recovering Hamilton it’ll be the writing on the wall for him....