General Honda F1 Topic

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Snorked

Re: General Honda F1 Topic

Wouter wrote:
05 Jan 2021, 10:44
GhostF1 wrote:
05 Jan 2021, 03:10
Wouter wrote:
04 Jan 2021, 20:38

I have read both pages, but I cannot find where these claims come from. I don't see anyone's name from Honda anywhere.
Are they all assumptions made by the writer, Mineoki Yoneya , are they rumors he has heard?
Yamamoto told other things in the two-part interview last week.

That would make sense with what Tanabe-san said, Honda's overall engine concept remains the same but a lot of parts are brand new particularly with regards to the ERS system. Yamamoto in reference to "other suppliers" and "major changes" sounds like he is referring to Renault changing their entire architecture to be that of the Honda/Mercedes form for 2022.
Thank you @GhostF1, that makes sence. 👍

I still want to know who said these things in the article, I can't find it. @Snorked maybe?
Maybe he had an "off the record" chat with somebody connected with Honda? I remember his F1life website getting info before others in the past, I think he was the first to report Honda going to Toro Rossi / Red Bull.

Wouter

Honda’s Ayumu Iwasa set to be revealed as a Red Bull junior
written by Elliot Wood 12 January 2021

Red Bull has signed Honda-backed Ayumu Iwasa, the 2020 French Formula 4 champion, to its Formula 1 junior team.

The 19-year-old Japanese racer has been in single-seaters since 2017, and was first linked to Red Bull late last year, just as compatriot Yuki Tsunoda was signed to race for AlphaTauri in F1.

Red Bull’s website has listed Iwasa for several weeks despite no official announcement, and Formula Scout has learned that the teenager has officially been signed.
https://formulascout.com/hondas-ayumu-i ... source=rss

The Power of Dreams!

godlameroso

2022 Red Bull HPD starting to sound pretty nice.
Saishū kōnā

Sieper

A plastic scale model kit of the Honda Jet. Made by Ebbro who produce some fantastic scale model cars.

https://aeroscale.net/news/ebbro-s-1-48 ... ane-models

etusch

TimKasher

I think they will soon have to implement a new system in internal combustion engines.

etusch

great picture

Wouter

=D> =D> =D> \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

Following a meeting on Thursday of the F1 Commission, made up of teams, the FIA and the F1 organisation,
it is understood that unanimous approval was given to an engine freeze to come into play from the start of next year.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/f1-t ... n=widget-1
The Power of Dreams!

etusch

Wouter wrote:
11 Feb 2021, 17:02
=D> =D> =D> \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

Following a meeting on Thursday of the F1 Commission, made up of teams, the FIA and the F1 organisation,
it is understood that unanimous approval was given to an engine freeze to come into play from the start of next year.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/f1-t ... n=widget-1
wow superb news. we can hear longer that sound

Wouter

Red Bull To Take On Honda F1 Power Unit Technology From 2022

Red Bull form powertrain company following agreement with Honda to use the Japanese manufacturer’s F1 power unit technology.
https://www.redbull.com/int-en/redbullr ... ouncement/
The Power of Dreams!

Wouter

=D> \:D/

The Power of Dreams!

Wouter

The Power of Dreams!

Wouter

Honda explains key changes to 2021 F1 engine
By: Jonathan Noble
Feb 19, 2021, 9:12 AM
Honda has explained the key changes it has made to its Formula 1 engine for this season, after revealing it has hit its performance targets over the winter.

"On the dyno the numbers we have seen match what we expected," he explained as AlphaTauri revealed its 2021 challenger. "Let's see how competitive we can be on track in the actual races."

Tanabe said that some areas of the power unit had been the focus of bigger changes, as Honda looked to make gains compared to the opposition.

"It is difficult to be specific about which parts have seen the most work, but in order to improve power and reliability, we have made modifications to the ICE, turbine and ERS," he explained.

"This is our third year with Scuderia AlphaTauri and in order to improve as a whole, we have also improved the installation and packaging of the entire PU."
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/hond ... n=widget-1
The Power of Dreams!

bigblue

Fans of a certain Japanese car company will be happy about the rear wing ! Like the good old times, lets hope the performance is too ;-)

etusch

They are saying in that article that they get what they expected at dyno. I hope their expectation is at least +10/15 hp more than last years mercedes engine performance. :D