Honda Power Unit Hardware & Software

All that has to do with the power train, gearbox, clutch, fuels and lubricants, etc. Generally the mechanical side of Formula One.
Wouter

Re: Honda Power Unit Hardware & Software

ryaan2904 wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:45 am
Well not exactly equal, but enough i guess
I think not exactly equal, but a little bit more. :wink: Serious.

ryaan2904
ryaan2904

Wouter wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:03 am
ryaan2904 wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:45 am
Well not exactly equal, but enough i guess
I think not exactly equal, but a little bit more. :wink: Serious.
Lets see 8)

GhostF1
GhostF1

First video with genuine footage of a new car testing with the new power unit (just note the footage mixes with the StR14 as well, best identifier is the new bargeboards, drivers were in both cars). I shared this in the AT02 thread because it's relevant there. But for PU related discussion, here it is again.

Significantly altered note. The car at the start is the new one and a couple other clips as well. From 3:00 this video is purely audio showcasing the new engine leaving pits. Totally different idle, and a higher note on power.

Jaisonas
Jaisonas

GhostF1 wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 4:56 am

First video with genuine footage of a new car testing with the new power unit (just note the footage mixes with the StR14 as well, best identifier is the new bargeboards, drivers were in both cars). I shared this in the AT02 thread because it's relevant there. But for PU related discussion, here it is again.

Significantly altered note. The car at the start is the new one and a couple other clips as well. From 3:00 this video is purely audio showcasing the new engine leaving pits. Totally different idle, and a higher note on power.
Best identifier is the flat rear wing in at02, the str14 uses the curved bottom one. You'll notice the difference in 0:36

Jaisonas
Jaisonas

Bozzy's video of the same day but he has structured it better between the cars. New engine sounds alot more aggressive and loud

godlameroso

The rear end shakes so violently @ 5:33 Watch the standing start at 5:28.

It sounds good. Imola lets you hear the wastegates aggressively opening. It's glorious.
The height of cultivation is really nothing special. It is merely simplicity; the ability to express the utmost with the minimum. Mr.Lee

maguetox
maguetox

Jaisonas wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 2:46 pm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CZe_jIdBtc
Bozzy's video of the same day but he has structured it better between the cars. New engine sounds alot more aggressive and loud
Correct the new engine sound different, the sound @ 5:08 reminds me like the sounds when you apply the engine brake on an diesel engine, something similar.

Roostfactor
Roostfactor

So now we have had both AT and Red Bull trial the new pu without any issues (that I know of).

Great news heading into testing with much data for Honda to comb through the next couple weeks.

Well done so far Honda! Keep pushing! =D>