2021 Haas F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Sevach
Sevach

Re: 2021 Haas F1 Team

This is funny given that Mazepin is suppoused to be racing under a neutral flag.

Honestly, the livery looks plain & boring.
Let's hope the car at least has some updates when it's revealed.
"Power is only given to those who lower themselves to pick it up" - Ragnar Lothbrok

senja
senja

Dr. Acula wrote:
04 Mar 2021, 11:35
adrianjordan wrote:
04 Mar 2021, 11:27
That's just a livery launch, right?

Because that looks like an old car.... Hell I'm sure I see slots in the floor....
Yes it is. Though the "new" car is mostly the old car. Haas didn't even use their aero tokens for this year. So the changes they could do for the new car other than adopting for the new rules are quite limited.
They still can change aerodynamics quite a lot. I expecting them to change engine cover at least. Ferrari shown different airbox, so they should change something there too. Who knows, maybe they didn't tell the truth about tokens...

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

bland, boring, uninspring and above all, EMPTY :wtf:
Surprised that there's so little sponsors. I was expecting Rich Energy somewhere.

Well it's going to be waiting for Williams now. If they don't have 'Rich Energy' on it, then i'm lost.

Either way, Haas is prostituting itself like this. This is more a case of Uralkali Mazepin F1 Team, powered by Corruption(TM).

I honestly expected more.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

proteus

Manoah2u wrote:
04 Mar 2021, 19:44
Surprised that there's so little sponsors. I was expecting Rich Energy somewhere.

Well it's going to be waiting for Williams now. If they don't have 'Rich Energy' on it, then i'm lost.

Either way, Haas is prostituting itself like this. This is more a case of Uralkali Mazepin F1 Team, powered by Corruption(TM).

Well why not? Gene Haas has proven he is uncapable of running a proper F1 team. They cant build their own car, they cant understand the car they get and they dont have the money to actually do something about it. When Haas was introduced, i really thought they would bring a giant portfolio of US based sponsors plastered all over the car, what he actually brought to the sport is a discount Ferrari with a plain looking car and practically noone willing to put his sticker on it...for the icing on the cake, they sacked Magnussen who atleast filled the blank with JACK&JONES.

I have no symphaty towards them anymore and i am very amused about this Uralkali thing. This year they are probably going to be cemented in the last place, with even Williams far out of their league. Damn shame junior Scumacher is going to be forced to drag this thing arround the circuit. I wonder what scraps will he get, since all of the cash comes from the second driver.
If i would get the money to start my own F1 team, i would revive Arrows

GalacticHitchHiker

Manoah2u wrote:
04 Mar 2021, 19:44

Isn't the most logical explanation that Rich Energy is not involved with F1 in any way and William Storey has been taking advantage of free publicity by dropping hints?

nzjrs

I quite like the livery. A more classical racecar look. Very nice.

ispano6

El Scorchio wrote:
04 Mar 2021, 15:00
Jolle wrote:
04 Mar 2021, 14:53
El Scorchio wrote:
04 Mar 2021, 14:39

Totally agree! I can see it being Racing Point/Aston Martin mk2. I hope it's not indicative of the way the sport may go, with ultra rich persons buying teams, or buying into teams as projects in order to get a family member or friend into an F1 car.

it's surely only a matter of time before someone with serious money from China or the Middle East gets on the grid in order to create a Chinese/Saudi (or other) champion. Perhaps even another Russian. Hopefully the budget cap should prevent a situation similar to, say, Man City or PSG in football, but it's something to look out for.
You mean like McLaren ;-)
I did think McLaren, but not quite. They have not just poured unending billions into the team (like they could have done) to provide a limitless budget or tried to shoehorn a Bahraini driver into the car.
Becareful what you wish for! A chinese team is on the brink of joining ;) But then again, that's why there is a budget cap right... if it is actually honored.

Scorpaguy

I like the livery as well...nothing wrong with Russian National colors. What is wrong is that the car will likely be a dog.

humble sabot

What's wrong with russian colours is that the FIA voluntarily joined WADA, mazepin no longer has the right to fly russian colours. And Uralkali changed their colours in alignment with the timing of this launch.
Gene Haas has proved he has no interest in integrity.
the four immutable forces:
static balance
dynamic balance
static imbalance
dynamic imbalance

Scorpaguy

Does the WADA ruling prohibit color schemes or flags proper? Not arguing, just asking.

Vasconia

Scorpaguy wrote:
08 Mar 2021, 01:19
Does the WADA ruling prohibit color schemes or flags proper? Not arguing, just asking.
Theoretically flags, but the use of the colours this time is so obvious than they must be angry. :mrgreen:

The lack of sponsors and the alredy mentioned idea of the lack of investment on this year's car makes me clear than Mick and Nikita will suffer a lot this season.

FW17

A Team wallowing in self pity. They need to accept that this is result of the management structure that has led to a technical dead end. But in a way if the Ferrari Design Office creates a car that is fundamentally right then even without upgrades with just the right setup direction there will be sufficient progress just be greater understanding of the car. Was done some time back with some back markers, it was not bad as they did keep loosing % difference to the front of the grid through the year.

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

We've had worse teams that didn't even make the grid though.

Either way, i don't think anything will come of this. Some money will be moved. There's an interesting documentary about the multiple tried attempt to murder a russian political oppositor, specifically pointing directions to corruption and rich russian oil billionares. It's smoke and mirrors, a facade.
If they do change the livery, then this has been nothing but a shameless case of russian self-promotion. Uralkali, Mazepin get a lot of media attention, it sells.

but they can't claim it isn't clearly present

Uralkali has used green-red colors before, and suddenly changed to the russian flag.

Its a sad situation F1 has gotten itself into.
Expected more from Haas, but it's prostituting itself worse than Williams is.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Jambier

Haas will likely be bought by Mazepin anyway.
I'm more curious about 2022, being the only F1 team that is not a constructor, what is the plan ?

I mean their 2020 car will continue in 2021, and was still a small evolution of their previous car that was just a copy of even previous Ferraris

So what about 2022 ? Do they ask Dallara to create a rule compliant F1? This will be an HRT like result for 2022 #-o