2021 Alpine F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Redragon

Re: 2021 Alpine F1 Team

diffuser wrote:
19 Apr 2021, 02:01
Jambier wrote:
18 Apr 2021, 20:01
Alonso is very poor for now but he is indeed back from a two years leave and is old.

Let’s see if he can bounce back

On top of that the car is clearly the loser of the year.
What a shame with a quite stable ruling to be so slow

They were fighting McLaren and now the gap is absolutely huge between those teams
Yep, Sainz, Perez and Riccardo are old too.
Seen the timings feels there is something related to battery deployment or tyres wear. Alo was dropping times at beginning of stints to recover towards the end. He passed twice ocon and ocon passed him twice too on track. Until the car is not a bit more tune. Ocon or alo are going to be swapping places as at the moment is all a bit of luck to get the car well set. Alo had better qualy last race, ocon in this one. Both finished the race too close today to say Alo performance is related to been old. Let’s talk from Barcelona onwards when the car is more predictable on the set up

selvam_e2002
selvam_e2002

Redragon wrote:
19 Apr 2021, 02:54
diffuser wrote:
Jambier wrote:
Alonso is very poor for now but he is indeed back from a two years leave and is old.

They were fighting McLaren and now the gap is absolutely huge between those teams
Seen the timings feels there is something related to battery deployment or tyres wear. Alo was dropping times at beginning of stints to recover towards the end. He passed twice ocon and ocon passed him twice too on track. Until the car is not a bit more tune. Ocon or alo are going to be swapping places as at the moment is all a bit of luck to get the car well set. Alo had better qualy last race, ocon in this one. Both finished the race too close today to say Alo performance is related to been old. Let’s talk from Barcelona onwards when the car is more predictable on the set up
I completely agree with you. From the his post race interview, it seems he is still learning how the car works. He is not shown his full potential. It is very silly if he do some "hero" kind of stuff in race start and boom... you could not use the 63 lap to gain some experience.

Alonso doing a good approach in understanding the car. I bet in Spain he will show what he can do.... wait for it....

RedNEO

Redragon wrote:
19 Apr 2021, 02:54
diffuser wrote:
Jambier wrote:

Good analysis. Alonso did indeed have more deployment issues which is a shame because he’s already had to have a new exhaust after it happened in Bahrain. Anyway it fixed itself this race at least but only after he already lost positions.

The car needs to improve because it was not good that they couldn’t overtake the AR on the straights. The team recognise the wind tunnel problems and are bringing developments I just hope they can get back to where they expected to be before the points gap becomes too big.

radosav
radosav

“I have changed teams and categories many times and there is always a period of adaptation, but it is never an excuse and it will not be now,” Alonso told Spanish reporters. “It should be better.

“I was not at the correct level this weekend, but I will be in Portimao,” he added.

However, Alonso said he felt “300 percent better in terms of confidence” with his Alpine car between the beginning and end of Sunday’s race.

“But this cannot be an excuse to say that we did not perform well. I did not perform well,” he acknowledged. “I have to be more prepared for the next race – it doesn’t matter if you have little or no time in the car.

“I probably didn’t have confidence with the car in Bahrain, not here either, and I won’t have it in Portimao. You can’t reach 100 percent overnight. It will take time,” said Alonso

diffuser

radosav wrote:
19 Apr 2021, 11:53
“I have changed teams and categories many times and there is always a period of adaptation, but it is never an excuse and it will not be now,” Alonso told Spanish reporters. “It should be better.

“I was not at the correct level this weekend, but I will be in Portimao,” he added.

However, Alonso said he felt “300 percent better in terms of confidence” with his Alpine car between the beginning and end of Sunday’s race.

“But this cannot be an excuse to say that we did not perform well. I did not perform well,” he acknowledged. “I have to be more prepared for the next race – it doesn’t matter if you have little or no time in the car.

“I probably didn’t have confidence with the car in Bahrain, not here either, and I won’t have it in Portimao. You can’t reach 100 percent overnight. It will take time,” said Alonso
Danny Ric basically said the same on Sunday post race on Sky. I'm paraphrasing " You feel stuff in the seat that tells you're at the end of grip and you just react, muscle memory. In the new car, it might mean something different, you aren't sure. Takes a while to unlearn the old car and learn the new."

Redragon

diffuser wrote:
19 Apr 2021, 12:15
radosav wrote:
19 Apr 2021, 11:53

Danny Ric basically said the same on Sunday post race on Sky. I'm paraphrasing " You feel stuff in the seat that tells you're at the end of grip and you just react, muscle memory. In the new car, it might mean something different, you aren't sure. Takes a while to unlearn the old car and learn the new."
You should add all the interview, the interview was done in Spanish and at the beggining of it he mentions he haven't done much time in the Car because of the limited time of testing this year, so it is taking him more time to adapt back into the new car. But he also does the bold statement that he will be ready for Portugal now that he has done more laps thanks to finish this GP and feels more confident in the car as he felt towards the end of the race. https://www.marca.com/motor/formula1/gp ... b4621.html

diffuser

Looks like we made 3 points yesterday not 1 after a penalty Rai.

diffuser

SPEED TRAP		KM/H	FINISH LINE	KM/H	INTERMEDIATE 1	KM/H	INTERMEDIATE 2	KM/H	
1 63	G. RUSSELL	295.5	4  L. NORRIS	291.4	11 S. PEREZ	236.8	4  L. NORRIS	264.3	
2 6	N. LATIFI	294.5	11 S. PEREZ	290.9	3  D. RICCIARDO	236.6	63 G. RUSSELL	264.1	
3 14	F. ALONSO	294.2	63 G. RUSSELL	290.5	16 C. LECLERC	236.2	10 P. GASLY	262.9	
4 4	L. NORRIS	293.0	5  S. VETTEL	290.4	63 G. RUSSELL	236.1	6  N. LATIFI	262.9	
5 31	E. OCON	        292.7	33 M. VERSTAPPE	289.7	55 C. SAINZ	235.9	5  S. VETTEL	262.5	
6 5	S. VETTEL	292.5	18 L. STROLL	289.6	77 V. BOTTAS	235.3	77 V. BOTTAS	262.5	
7 10	P. GASLY	292.2	44 L. HAMILTON	289.0	44 L. HAMILTON	235.2	11 S. PEREZ	262.1	
8 18	L. STROLL	292.1	3  D. RICCIARDO	288.7	33 M. VERSTAPPE 235.2	33 M. VERSTAPPE 262.0	
9 33	M. VERSTAPPEN	291.8	10 P. GASLY	287.9	4  L. NORRIS	235.0	3  D. RICCIARDO	262.0	
10 44	L. HAMILTON	291.8   16 C. LECLERC	287.6	10 P. GASLY	234.7	18 L. STROLL	261.8	
11 77	V. BOTTAS	291.6	31 E.  OCON	287.5	18 L. STROLL	234.3	16 C. LECLERC	261.7	
12 16	C. LECLERC	291.3	77 V. BOTTAS	287.4	31 E. OCON	234.0	44 L. HAMILTON	261.6	
13 47	M. SCHUMACHER	291.0	6  N. LATIFI	287.3	14 F. ALONSO	233.9	22 Y. TSUNODA	261.4	
14 7	K. RAIKKONEN	290.8	14 F. ALONSO	286.4	5  S. VETTEL	232.8	31 E. OCON	261.1	
15 3	D. RICCIARDO	290.7	9  N. MAZEPIN	286.1	22 Y. TSUNODA	232.0	14 F. ALONSO	260.3	
16 9	N. MAZEPIN	290.6	47 M. SCHUMACHE	284.6	47 M. SCHUMACHE 231.8	9  N. MAZEPIN	260.0	
17 11	S. PEREZ	290.6	55 C. SAINZ	284.5	6  N. LATIFI	230.9	55 C. SAINZ	259.9	
18 55	C. SAINZ	289.8	99 A. GIOVINAZZ 283.3	7  K. RAIKKONEN	230.8	99 A. GIOVINAZZ 259.6	
19 99	A. GIOVINAZZI	288.6   7  K. RAIKKONEN	283.1	99 A. GIOVINAZZ 229.9	47 M. SCHUMACHE 259.0	
20 22	Y. TSUNODA	126.0   22 Y. TSUNODA	282.4	9  N. MAZEPIN	227.1	7  K. RAIKKONEN	259.0	

Think the low speed at the finish line is showing us we don't have as much traction at low speeds as most other teams.

SmallSoldier
SmallSoldier

Redragon wrote:
diffuser wrote:
Jambier wrote:

Once they get into more traditional circuits (such as Barcelona), I would expect that Alonso will also improve his performance dramatically... I don’t how much of an effect running last year in Imola and Portimao may have, but it probably provided an advantage to Ocon since he raced last year in the “new” old tracks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jolle
Jolle

SmallSoldier wrote:
19 Apr 2021, 19:38
Redragon wrote:
diffuser wrote:

Once they get into more traditional circuits (such as Barcelona), I would expect that Alonso will also improve his performance dramatically... I don’t how much of an effect running last year in Imola and Portimao may have, but it probably provided an advantage to Ocon since he raced last year in the “new” old tracks

Alonso only raced there five times before, winning once.

SmallSoldier
SmallSoldier

Jolle wrote:
SmallSoldier wrote:
Redragon wrote: Seen the timings feels there is something related to battery deployment or tyres wear. Alo was dropping times at beginning of stints to recover towards the end. He passed twice ocon and ocon passed him twice too on track. Until the car is not a bit more tune. Ocon or alo are going to be swapping places as at the moment is all a bit of luck to get the car well set. Alo had better qualy last race, ocon in this one. Both finished the race too close today to say Alo performance is related to been old. Let’s talk from Barcelona onwards when the car is more predictable on the set up

Definitely! But I have a feeling that the fact that:

Completely different cars
Completely different drivetrains
Completely different tires

May have a little effect... Not considering the fact that a “few” years have passed since Alonso raced on these tracks.

Jolle
Jolle

SmallSoldier wrote:
19 Apr 2021, 21:23
Jolle wrote:
SmallSoldier wrote:

Definitely! But I have a feeling that the fact that:

Completely different cars
Completely different drivetrains
Completely different tires

May have a little effect... Not considering the fact that a “few” years have passed since Alonso raced on these tracks.

Hey.. since his last year at the front, there are some members giving him god-like abilities. Now all of the sudden it’s finding excuses left and right. 😂. Just poking the alo clan a bit.

diffuser

Getting pretty tired of this discussion. He'll either get better or he will not. Nothing anyone says today changes how much he improves. Only what he does.

I just not sure what the point is in saying he's over the hill, today. We all know he is gonna race in 44 more races over the next 2 years. We'll have a pretty good idea by then.

radosav
radosav

radosav
radosav

diffuser wrote:
19 Apr 2021, 21:40
Getting pretty tired of this discussion. He'll either get better or he will not. Nothing anyone says today changes how much he improves. Only what he does.

I just not sure what the point is in saying he's over the hill, today. We all know he is gonna race in 44 more races over the next 2 years. We'll have a pretty good idea by then.
true 👏