2021 Portuguese Grand Prix - Portimão, Apr 30 - May 02

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
PlatinumZealot

Re: 2021 Portuguese Grand Prix - Portimão, Apr 30 - May 02

My, my.. what a race. What a masterclass! =D>

🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

NathanOlder wrote:
02 May 2021, 18:30
El Scorchio wrote:
02 May 2021, 18:16
214270 wrote:
02 May 2021, 18:14

It’s interesting actually, whilst the race strategy failed for PER they did manage to pit PER for fastest lap, which triggered BOT to pit for fastest, which ultimately gave VER the chance to pit for fastest. First time I’ve noticed strategy being deployed for fastest.
Yeah, that was a lovely little sub plot! I guess both teams know how crucial even one point could be at the end of the season.
I found it odd that Merc pitted that lap and not 1 lap later. If they waited 1 more lap, then RedBull couldn't pit Max at all.
It’s a new wrinkle strategising for fastest. Merc were caught napping, I’m sure it won’t happen again.
Team ANTI-HYPE. Prove it, then I’ll anoint you.

dans79

El Scorchio wrote:
02 May 2021, 18:37
Artur Craft wrote:
02 May 2021, 18:34
El Scorchio wrote:
02 May 2021, 18:29
Just saw the replay of Mazepin blocking Perez.
Wow.
wtf? :wtf: Didn´t you see it live? It was shown on the main feed. I guess you follow the race from onboard channels?
If you must know, I went to the toilet.
You gotta do like the drivers my friend, and get that out of the way before the start! :lol:
197 104 103 7

PlatinumZealot

Impressed by the racing in the mid-field this year. Very close. Ocon, did well, as did Charles as usual. Lando! well done. Mick was slick. Even Vettel did well today. Good racing.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

El Scorchio

dans79 wrote:
02 May 2021, 18:39
El Scorchio wrote:
Artur Craft wrote:
02 May 2021, 18:34

wtf? :wtf: Didn´t you see it live? It was shown on the main feed. I guess you follow the race from onboard channels?
You gotta do like the drivers my friend, and get that out of the way before the start! :lol:
Or just in my seat.

Hmmm, maybe not!

max_speed
max_speed

i love redbull.they are as agressive as a second place team.could be to give "dummy seller wolf's team " a fight. Verstappen is making few mistakes and to win against hamilton you need all hands on deck.
Bottas is plain simple 3rd class driver. hope perez can pick up some pace and provide some help to verstappen for fight against Hamilton. to win championship we need 2 bulls against Hamilton.

Sevach
Sevach

El Scorchio wrote:
02 May 2021, 18:29
Just saw the replay of Mazepin blocking Perez.

Wow.
The guy finished 1 minute behind Schumacher(before the penalty), it's embarassing.
Russel-Latifi, Leclerc vs Ericsson wasn't this one sided.

Artur Craft

El Scorchio wrote:
Fair enough!

Next time,maybe you could try to do what dans79 suggested :lol:
max_speed wrote:
02 May 2021, 18:43
Bottas is plain simple 3rd class driver.
I wonder if he feels ashamed that Norris is ahead of him on the WDC

Anyway, I think HAM is gonna be champ again. I´m under the impression that his car is still faster and VER makes too many mistakes while under pressure

I didn´t like how people hyped HAM´s win in Bahrain because he spent most of the race off the track and should have been given many time penalties(as in MotoGP, well, if that was the case HAM would have finished behind Mazepin :D ) but I do think he did a quite better job than VER this time.

Leclerc and Norris have been the best drivers of the season imho, a shame they can´t fight for the tittle.

NathanOlder

Artur Craft wrote:
02 May 2021, 18:53
El Scorchio wrote:
Fair enough!

max_speed wrote:

Anyway, I think HAM is gonna be champ again. I´m under the impression that his car is still faster and VER makes too many mistakes while under pressure

I didn´t like how people hyped HAM´s win in Bahrain because he spent most of the race off the track and should have been given many time penalties(as in MotoGP, well, if that was the case HAM would have finished behind Mazepin :D ) but I do think he did a quite better job than VER this time.

Leclerc and Norris have been the best drivers of the season imho, a shame they can´t fight for the tittle.
Did you not see in Bahrain that they were not enforcing track limits in turn 4 until the stewards changed that mid race. Lewis didn't deserve a penalty, and thats why he didn't get one. move on buddy. This is Portugal not Bahrain
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

grubschumi13
grubschumi13

max_speed wrote:
i love redbull.they are as agressive as a second place team.could be to give "dummy seller wolf's team " a fight. Verstappen is making few mistakes and to win against hamilton you need all hands on deck.
Bottas is plain simple 3rd class driver. hope perez can pick up some pace and provide some help to verstappen for fight against Hamilton. to win championship we need 2 bulls against Hamilton.
Not sure you can claim he lost today's race because of the mistakes. Mercedes had the pace on them today and even a perfect race by Max would have him barely clinging on to the lead all race long. RBR expected this track to favour the Mercs and it did but I think Max did well to limit the damage splitting the Mercs in a slower RBR.

Bahrain, he made 1 mistake but it was not a disaster as he still finished where he was when he made the mistake.

Hamilton made two mistakes in Imola alone, Let the 3rd placed man through to the lead and spun off breaking his wing. Difference was his mistake was spared by the safety car. It would have been discussed more had he felt the full brunt of that mistake.

El Scorchio

NathanOlder wrote:
02 May 2021, 19:03
Artur Craft wrote:
El Scorchio wrote:
Fair enough!

max_speed wrote:

Did you not see in Bahrain that they were not enforcing track limits in turn 4 until the stewards changed that mid race. Lewis didn't deserve a penalty, and thats why he didn't get one. move on buddy. This is Portugal not Bahrain
Perhaps he was in the toilet 😉

NathanOlder

El Scorchio wrote:
02 May 2021, 19:10
NathanOlder wrote:
02 May 2021, 19:03
Artur Craft wrote:

Fair enough!

Perhaps he was in the toilet 😉
haha, perfect =D>
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

Sieper

Artur Craft wrote:
El Scorchio wrote:
Fair enough!

max_speed wrote:

Ver overtook both Mercedeses. In a car that was not as fast. Especially those last corners and on the straight itself. Even Ham took quite some laps (with DRS) to get Bot. Max had one shot at Bot, when his tires were warm, and he took it. He also managed to keep the quicker Merc at bay. And then the exhaust issue was the end of Bottas’ fight but still. I think Ver did a very good job. The car wasn’t there this weekend, he already said on Friday evening.

Next race is also a very good Merc track. By now I am hoping, less confident the cars are actually equal, but let’s see.

I am not buying the Lewis campaign of trying to make Max look bad, good gamesmanship though. it was Lewis himself caught napping. Max just didn’t have the car to compete here.

Last year it was 30 secs behind though. Let’s see how it goes, only one week.

Unf

Meanwhile Bottas said that he had bad pace during 1st stint for "unknown" reasons... Yaaaaaaaa - unknown...... :D

NathanOlder

Sieper wrote:
02 May 2021, 19:45
Artur Craft wrote:
El Scorchio wrote:
Fair enough!

max_speed wrote:

Ver overtook both Mercedeses. In a car that was not as fast. Especially those last corners and on the straight itself. Even Ham took quite some laps (with DRS) to get Bot. Max had one shot at Bot, when his tires were warm, and he took it. He also managed to keep the quicker Merc at bay. And then the exhaust issue was the end of Bottas’ fight but still. I think Ver did a very good job. The car wasn’t there this weekend, he already said on Friday evening.

Next race is also a very good Merc track. By now I am hoping, less confident the cars are actually equal, but let’s see.

I am not buying the Lewis campaign of trying to make Max look bad, good gamesmanship though. it was Lewis himself caught napping. Max just didn’t have the car to compete here.

Last year it was 30 secs behind though. Let’s see how it goes, only one week.
Agreed, 1 thing I don't understand is why Bottas didn't attempt to defend against Max at all when Max got him. I think if he defended the inside line he probably kept position.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.