Haas - American team in F1

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
tuj
tuj

Re: Haas - American team in F1

WaikeCU wrote:I was actually thinking of Juan Pablo Montoya, but since he doesn't have any interest in F1 anymore, then he's out too. Surely the guy has speed and knows how to race despite his age.
Have you seen JPM lately? Dude has gained a lot of weight. I don't know that he could slim down for F1.

KeiKo403
KeiKo403

tuj wrote:
WaikeCU wrote:I was actually thinking of Juan Pablo Montoya, but since he doesn't have any interest in F1 anymore, then he's out too. Surely the guy has speed and knows how to race despite his age.
Have you seen JPM lately? Dude has gained a lot of weight. I don't know that he could slim down for F1.
I'd love to see him in an aussie press conference again though.....Juan, how would Juan feel if Juan won juan race in Formula juan, Juan?

WaikeCU

tuj wrote:
I know that's why I said he won't be back. He is acclimatized to the American way of living and how the racing culture is in North America. Something that's not F1 at all.

kptaylor
kptaylor

I'm hoping Honda partner up with Manor and Kevin and Van Dorne get those seats.

efuloni
efuloni

According to brazilian journalist Americo Teixeira Jr (he is really good), Nelson Piquet Jr refused a seat in Haas.
He was quoted saying that he'd rather win in FE than be in a team with no possibilities of victories in F1.

No Lotus
No Lotus

I think JEV is a truly great driver, terribly underrated. Haas would benefit from him. Unfortunately, the reverse not so much.
SCUDERIA FASE
2016 Phase 1

alexx_88
alexx_88

I also rate JEV quite high. However, I think that both HAAS and him would benefit from this. If the relationship between HAAS and Ferrari is that strong, if he does a good job at HAAS, they also have access to telemetry data, so it's quite possible that maybe he'll be reconsidered for next year, when Kimi leaves.

Jersey Tom
Jersey Tom

tuj wrote:
Have you seen him lately? I'd say he's slimmed down from the past couple years running IndyCar.
Grip is a four letter word. All opinions are my own and not those of current or previous employers.

sgth0mas
sgth0mas

efuloni wrote:According to brazilian journalist Americo Teixeira Jr (he is really good), Nelson Piquet Jr refused a seat in Haas.
He was quoted saying that he'd rather win in FE than be in a team with no possibilities of victories in F1.
I highly doubt that he actually refused a seat at HAAS...he has already said he would go back to NASCAR and he wouldnt be guaranteed a win there. Hes also under contract for formula E

countersteer
countersteer

Magnussen states his desire to drive for Haas if no race seat with McLaren...

"I'm not going to name the teams I'm in contact with," Magnussen said. "All I'll say is this: It's been widely reported I'm in Haas's thoughts. In fact, Gene has admitted that in recent interviews.
"I think he and Guenther [Steiner, team principal] are both very smart guys, and the way they're going about launching their new F1 team is clever and innovative. So, yes, if there's no McLaren race drive available for me, then of course I'd love to race for Haas."

http://www.racer.com/f1/item/121443-mag ... e-for-haas

ME4ME

Haas F1 team "will surprise people"

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/haas- ... ise-people
"The main point is that we're starting with a known quantity. We know that the suspension is not going to be fragile or break, we know that the transmissions will be durable.

"That's the biggest problem with most start-ups, just the reliability issues. If we can figure how to torque nuts and blots down we should be very, very reliable."

PlatinumZealot

countersteer wrote:Magnussen states his desire to drive for Haas if no race seat with McLaren...

"I'm not going to name the teams I'm in contact with," Magnussen said. "All I'll say is this: It's been widely reported I'm in Haas's thoughts. In fact, Gene has admitted that in recent interviews.
"I think he and Guenther [Steiner, team principal] are both very smart guys, and the way they're going about launching their new F1 team is clever and innovative. So, yes, if there's no McLaren race drive available for me, then of course I'd love to race for Haas."

This boy has been yapping so much lately. Not the most humble of driver's.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

☄️ Myth of the five suns. ☄️

☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️
LxVxFxHxN

Jonnycraig
Jonnycraig

PlatinumZealot wrote:
countersteer wrote:Magnussen states his desire to drive for Haas if no race seat with McLaren...

Eh? He's a kid whose F1 career is likely already over after 1 season. Of course he's going to try and talk himself up for any seat going.

WaikeCU

Jonnycraig wrote:
PlatinumZealot wrote:

Eh? He's a kid whose F1 career is likely already over after 1 season. Of course he's going to try and talk himself up for any seat going.
And at the same time he's praising his current employer. He's saying he's has everything a new team needs, because he's praising the professional work environment at Woking and the professional yet perfectionism approach of Mclaren employees.

iotar__

PlatinumZealot wrote:

What's arrogant about it? He didn't call himself a new Senna or new Alonso before a single km of competitive F1 driving, did he? It might be only for publicity but Boullier's saying they wouldn't block him and now this suggests McL seat is less likely. Whether he's this "experienced" driver is debatable but if they want him it's their choice. I don't think it matters that much, examples: Trulli, Kova at Caterham.