RicME Motorsport - RME-001

Post here information about your own engineering projects, including but not limited to building your own car or designing a virtual car through CAD.
RicME85

Re: Formula Sketch - CAD Drawing Help

The coloured pics above are done just by using the colour palette in Sketchup

RicME85

Re: RicME Motorsport - RME-001

Starting to score points on a regular basis now. Looking to push on and get both cars scoring consistently and also to push for higher point finishes.
Thanks to a few new plugins I have been able to tidy up the rear end of the car, giving it a much smaller profile.

RicME85

Need to work on the exhaust placement then will move onto creating a new rear wing.

karayaone
karayaone

Seems that you changed sidepods! may i ask for a close-up¿¿
Thanks in advance and keep up the good work, the car look splendid!

pd: waiting to see where you'll put the exhausts, beacuse those sidepods are not that suited to benefit from coanda effect!

RicME85

I was thinking of going down the Ferrari Acer duct route for the exhaust, Ive not really looked into it yet.
I have indeed changed the sidepods, the intake is similar to the last version and obviously the whole sidepod looks less like a speedboat :lol:

N12ck

RicME85 wrote:I was thinking of going down the Ferrari Acer duct route for the exhaust, Ive not really looked into it yet.
I have indeed changed the sidepods, the intake is similar to the last version and obviously the whole sidepod looks less like a speedboat :lol:
I think your sidepods are a bit too narrow, also, the cutouts in the bottom of the rear wing endplate, what are they for? as they will only cause disturbance, (i suspect you were trying to copy mclaren and red bull and so on ) however if you look at theirs, it curves outwards and causes increased expansion for the diffuser creating downforce rather than just having cutouts which are not serving any purpose, but other then that, its great :) :D
Budding F1 Engineer

RicME85

Those cut outs have been on there for AAAAGGGEEESSS. Like I said...new rear wing incoming.
When you say narrow, what do you mean, as in poor for cooling or packaging? If its cooling that isnt an issue as the intake is plenty large enough.

N12ck

RicME85 wrote:Those cut outs have been on there for AAAAGGGEEESSS. Like I said...new rear wing incoming.
When you say narrow, what do you mean, as in poor for cooling or packaging? If its cooling that isnt an issue as the intake is plenty large enough.
not enough space for the radiators/ exhausts/ kers batteries etc, and I haven't seen the front intake so I cannot comment,

Nick
Budding F1 Engineer

RicME85

So many ideas, so many new techniques.
Ive got about 3 or 4 different versions at various states of completion.
Yesterday I decided to start from the ground up using some new bits and pieces I have come across online rather than patching new ideas onto an old chassis.

wesley123
wesley123

N12ck wrote:
RicME85 wrote:Those cut outs have been on there for AAAAGGGEEESSS. Like I said...new rear wing incoming.
not enough space for the radiators/ exhausts/ kers batteries etc, and I haven't seen the front intake so I cannot comment,

Nick
It has way more space than yours
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

N12ck

wesley123 wrote:
N12ck wrote:

Nick
It has way more space than yours
I know my car was completely unrealistic, which fits the championship quite well I thought, but I'm saying if hes after realism then they arent big enough, I know my car wasnt realistic, but as I said, watch out for the next project :D
Budding F1 Engineer

jordangp

Nice work Rich,
Good thinking on those sidepods, loving the Innovo launch-inspired design :wink:

Keep up the good work

RicME85

ha that isnt actually the design of the intake or anything...its just as far as I had got with the skinning :lol:
I have since added the intake from my current spec and fused it in with the new sidepod.

CottrellGP
CottrellGP

Looking good =D>
Dan Cottrell

Master Of Innovation!