Hamilton to leave for Mercedes 2013

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
dren

Re: Rumor Mill: Hamilton to leave for Mercedes

Anyone in a team can make mistakes, that is part of racing. Mclaren has turned their pit performance around this year. Now they are the best of the best. Hamilton may expect greatness all the time, but then the team should expect it from him. He is chewing off the hand that fed him and stood by him through all of his mistakes. I get the feeling that Hamilton is very tallented but not very bright.
Honda!

GerardoT
GerardoT

If he need to leave I think is time he need to focus more in his personality. He is a great guy but he chance a lot

raymondu999

失败者找理由,成功者找方法

lotus7
lotus7

Why is that the driver seen as the "deity" that is remote/above from the team ?

PlatinumZealot

dren wrote:Anyone in a team can make mistakes, that is part of racing. Mclaren has turned their pit performance around this year. Now they are the best of the best. Hamilton may expect greatness all the time, but then the team should expect it from him. He is chewing off the hand that fed him and stood by him through all of his mistakes. I get the feeling that Hamilton is very tallented but not very bright.
I think you have it the other way around. The has gotten a near flawless performance from Hamilton this year, but have given nothing back other than a good car. Too many team cock-ups to even begin with.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

☄️ Myth of the five suns. ☄️

☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️
LxVxFxHxN

dren

n smikle wrote:
dren wrote:Anyone in a team can make mistakes, that is part of racing. Mclaren has turned their pit performance around this year. Now they are the best of the best. Hamilton may expect greatness all the time, but then the team should expect it from him. He is chewing off the hand that fed him and stood by him through all of his mistakes. I get the feeling that Hamilton is very tallented but not very bright.
I think you have it the other way around. The has gotten a near flawless performance from Hamilton this year, but have given nothing back other than a good car. Too many team cock-ups to even begin with.
Hamilton is not without his fair share of cock-ups. I'm talking about his career, not just this year. He needs to realize that is racing and grow up.
Honda!

PlatinumZealot

You are the one that said "this year."
Actually Mclaren only stood by Hamilton because he was the only "slim pickings" at the time, you can't expect them to stand behind Alonso who is some spanish dude that Ron brought in, or Heikki that little weird finish guy that Whitmarsh brought in. On the other hand, Hamilton, though not well liked by the team, is British and that was enough for Mclaren to stand behind... though for a while. Now they have a second British driver, who is Loved to pieces by Whitmarsh and the Mechanics... why would they want to stand behind Hamilton anymore when they can choose Buttton to love?

Hamilton was NEVER liked by anyone in Mclaren not named Ron Dennis and Aki Hinsta. He got the cold shoulder from day 1. Just have a read of a recently released story written by one the mechanics.. http://www.pitlanemagazine.com/magazine/?p=213
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

☄️ Myth of the five suns. ☄️

☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️
LxVxFxHxN

marcush.
marcush.

that story does not say he is not liked at mclaren ...
Hamsy is a hell of a race driver and Mclaren are fully aware of the jewel they have ..he needs a few more to mature...as Alonso needed more time ..
It´s not necessary for Hamilton to try out other employers .

beelsebob
beelsebob

n smikle wrote:You are the one that said "this year."
Actually Mclaren only stood by Hamilton because he was the only "slim pickings" at the time, you can't expect them to stand behind Alonso who is some spanish dude that Ron brought in, or Heikki that little weird finish guy that Whitmarsh brought in. On the other hand, Hamilton, though not well liked by the team, is British and that was enough for Mclaren to stand behind... though for a while. Now they have a second British driver, who is Loved to pieces by Whitmarsh and the Mechanics... why would they want to stand behind Hamilton anymore when they can choose Buttton to love?

Hamilton was NEVER liked by anyone in Mclaren not named Ron Dennis and Aki Hinsta. He got the cold shoulder from day 1. Just have a read of a recently released story written by one the mechanics.. http://www.pitlanemagazine.com/magazine/?p=213
If you think that says he wasn't liked at McLaren, you really need to learn to read. It simply says that his character changed due to being a) thrown into celebrity b) much higher up in the championship that he ever expected to be. It doesn't even conclude that Hamilton isn't a likeable guy, only that he did some attention seeking things.

zyphro
zyphro

n smikle wrote:You are the one that said "this year."

"I’ve since drawn conclusions that it must be incredibly hard not to change as a person with that level of constant attention, but at the time I recall feeling disappointed that within a few months of really getting to know him, some of the endearing qualities which we’d all found so refreshing at the team had begun to fade."

"Lewis won the next two races of the season, his first in Formula One and very gradually, as he began to see himself as a championship contender rather than the apprentice, his focus changed from learning the ropes and being led, to demanding perfection and leading the engineering direction himself. With those traits taking over, the ‘pleases’, ‘thank yous’ and general ‘hellos’ seemed to become fewer and further between."

"When the tv cameras arrived in our garage before each race from then on, there was often a very public display of shaking hands with every member of the team on both sides of the garage before climbing into his car. If there were no cameras, we barely saw him."

Chuckjr

Between the video and that post above I dunno how any other conclusion can be drawn but that Macca are handing hammy his hat. 

To go to Merc he would be alongside a legend, a seven time champ, multiple record holder, one of Hammys idols, and unless he is a complete imbecile (which I don't think he is), he could learn truckloads of f1 information from a master. It would be good because it just may help him swallow his pride and just get in the car and drive. You gotta believe Hammy would work like hell to prove himself to Mike because he just may be one of yhr only people left in the paddock that he looks up to. Unless his wheels have completely come off the cart, he may actually listen to the gold mike could offer in technical advice, racing experience, public relations, and integrating a team mentality. Mike has been there done that for everything in racing. This would be an arsenal of experiential information that could transform Hammy if he can just drop the ego. 
Watching F1 since 1986.

RB7ate9
RB7ate9

Chuckjr wrote:Between the video and that post above I dunno how any other conclusion can be drawn but that Macca are handing hammy his hat. 

To go to Merc he would be alongside a legend, a seven time champ, multiple record holder, one of Hammys idols, and unless he is a complete imbecile (which I don't think he is), he could learn truckloads of f1 information from a master. It would be good because it just may help him swallow his pride and just get in the car and drive. You gotta believe Hammy would work like hell to prove himself to Mike because he just may be one of yhr only people left in the paddock that he looks up to. Unless his wheels have completely come off the cart, he may actually listen to the gold mike could offer in technical advice, racing experience, public relations, and integrating a team mentality. Mike has been there done that for everything in racing. This would be an arsenal of experiential information that could transform Hammy if he can just drop the ego. 
Playing Devil's Advocate: I would consider possibly that his ego would carry over and that he would think he has nothing to learn from Schumi. If anything, Schumi would be another Alonso that he would have to show up; except this time, he doesn't have the same sponge-mind he had when he was a rookie. He has an ego and will want to bolster it as much as possible; the moment he beats Schumi in quali or in race result - and he would - then the ego would balloon.

He's not an imbecile, but his emotions have gotten in the way of his smarter side plenty of times.

Shrieker

zyphro wrote:MW:
We don't want anyone who's not fully committed to the team
Ouch, crunch time.
Whitmarsh is an idiot if he says that not for contract negotiating purposes but for Lewis. He didn't leave the team because of his loyalty when his father tried to move him elsewhere when the team was struggling, and Lewis instead booted his own father from manager.

McLaren is everything for Lewis. The team probably don't want to offer him a contract that's worth more than Button's, but if Lewis thinks he is worth more than Button then he is right.
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

beelsebob
beelsebob

Yep, as shrieker said, Witmarsh's comments are just contract negotiation mumbo jumbo. He's saying "don't try that 'I could go to Merc' bullshit when we're hammering out terms, because if you do, I'll pull the 'you're not committed, we don't want you' card."

jdlive
jdlive

RB7ate9 wrote:
Chuckjr wrote:Between the video and that post above I dunno how any other conclusion can be drawn but that Macca are handing hammy his hat. 

Playing Devil's Advocate: I would consider possibly that his ego would carry over and that he would think he has nothing to learn from Schumi. If anything, Schumi would be another Alonso that he would have to show up; except this time, he doesn't have the same sponge-mind he had when he was a rookie. He has an ego and will want to bolster it as much as possible; the moment he beats Schumi in quali or in race result - and he would - then the ego would balloon.

He's not an imbecile, but his emotions have gotten in the way of his smarter side plenty of times.
This is what will happen yes, minus what was said in the last sentence of course.
"There is a credit card with the Ferrari logo, issued by Santander, which gives the scuderia a % of purchases made with the card...

I would guess that such a serious amount of money would allow them to ignore the constant complains of a car that was nowhere near as bad as their #1 driver tried to sell throughout the season.

Heck, a car on which Massa finishes in the podium or has to lift so that his teammate finishes ahead (As we saw often in the final races of the year) is, by no means, a "bad" car."