2013 Indian GP - Buddh

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
dxpetrov
dxpetrov

Re: 2013 Indian GP - Buddh

atanatizante wrote:RBR are very slow down on the straight so it'll be very interesting to see Vettel how is managing the situation after 5 or 6 laps into the race when he will hit the traffic ...

Another thing : bearing in mind that the softs lasts very short time, could anyone in top 10 be thinking to start on the primes? who could be and what's the advantages vs. disadvantages?
I dont see how being 8th and 9th and ahead of all direct competitors could be considered ''slow in speed trap''.
Maybe what you guys referring is from yesterday, but they seem ok in that respect for me.
http://www.formula1.com/results/season/ ... _trap.html

atanatizante

dxpetrov wrote: ...

I dont see how being 8th and 9th and ahead of all direct competitors could be considered ''slow in speed trap''.
Maybe what you guys referring is from yesterday, but they seem ok in that respect for me.
http://www.formula1.com/results/season/ ... _trap.html
Yeah, after FP2 they've notice that are slow on the straight and with the soft tires problems (knowing they have also the qualy pace) they sacrificed their downforce and went to a increased top speed with 4-5km in order to have better chance on the straight against a drs train chain or under a Button or Hulk after the first pit stop ...
"I don`t have all the answers. Try Google!"
Jesus

atanatizante

Does anyone have some analysis for the race pace between Lotus, Merc and Ferrari after the FP2 ?
Jesus

SamH123
SamH123

I noted down
GRO - lap 16-19 of race practice 1'30''4xx
ROS - around half a second down on Grosjean generally
VET - Up to 0.5s quicker than Grosjean on some laps but lap times a little inconsistent
ALO - a bit slower than Rosberg generally

Helios

Hamilton going to disappoint me again? Looks to be the case...

komninosm
komninosm

Oh it's on now. I didn't miss it.

Rikhart
Rikhart

Its probably just a coincidence that once Lotus have to rely on Raikkonen alone in qualy, he finds a ton of speed, right guys?

Blackout

Rikhart wrote:Its probably just a coincidence that once Lotus have to rely on Raikkonen alone in qualy, he finds a ton of speed, right guys?
lol the conspiracy theory :lol:
KR was already fast in FP3, he and his team solved part of the problems :roll:

iotar__

Rikhart wrote:Its probably just a coincidence that once Lotus have to rely on Raikkonen alone in qualy, he finds a ton of speed, right guys?
Are you saying that messing up qualifying after qualifying (race after race) is not because of "tyres" and without reference point even Raikkonen can look good? How rude!

Lotus managed to beat Bahrain in qualifying sabotage department because it can't be even called stupidity. It wasn't even close after first runs on mediums. They really don't want to achieve anything this season, they didn't want to win in Germany or get second place in Japan and now this. I can't wait for their explanation - "unfortunately we can't count to five :-( ". I bet Mercedes and Ferrari are laughing their a.. off, again.

Shrieker

Gimme dat car and i'll put it on pole lol.
tim|away wrote:
Juzh wrote:So cutting and extending corners in qualifying is permitted by charlie whiting. Expect some serious off-roading when things get real.
I was shocked to hear that as well. Apparently, Charlie Whiting argues that drivers aren't gaining an advantage during qualifying by leaving the track with all four tyres. Consistency anyone?!
This is a complete joke. I thought Charlie was a sane man, apparently not. Can the FIA's credibility fall any further ?
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

Helios

autosport:

Oooh, controversy here? Hamilton is asked: “Just confirm it was a Red Bull in the way, Vettel not Webber?” He replies: “Yeah.”

Sevach
Sevach

What happened to "stay within the limits of the track" ?

Boring session.

Juzh

Is the "incident" with ham and vet under investigation?

Helios

Juzh wrote:Is the "incident" with ham and vet under investigation?
Seems to be the case.

atanatizante

So had Vettel is 2 sec. faster than anybody on the same tyre, then he could be 3 sec. faster than those one primes, hence bearing in mind that here a stop worth 24 sec. he needs just 8 laps on options to go in front of Webber who is the first one on primes ...
Jesus