2014 Testing - Bahrain 27 Feb - 2 Mar

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Gaara
Gaara

Re: 2014 Testing - Bahrain 27 Feb - 2 Mar

Vanja #66 wrote:
Gaara wrote:What is the difference of laps between Alonso and Kimi?
Irrelevant...
But wouldn't Alonso have an advantage going to the first race?

chasefreak
chasefreak

.... pls del this *mod*
Last edited by chasefreak on 28 Feb 2014, 15:31, edited 1 time in total.

chasefreak
chasefreak

mikeerfol wrote:Any news on McLaren?

button is back out

Bredd
Bredd

Gearbox problem for hamilton.

De Jokke

I'm worried now :|
Mercedes AMG + Hamilton => dreamteam!
If you can't beat'em, call Masi!

mclaren_mircea
mclaren_mircea

A gearbox problem means that's the end of running today for @LewisHamilton . A total of 89 laps completed today.

Another day another problem for Mercedes. As I said, it's very very much. I think it was only one single day when the car didn't report a problem since 28 January.

fritticaldi

Hamilon did manage 89 laps today. Mercedes did gather lots of data.

CBeck113
CBeck113

mclaren_mircea wrote:A gearbox problem means that's the end of running today for @LewisHamilton . A total of 89 laps completed today.

Another day another problem for Mercedes. As I said, it's very very much. I think it was only one single day when the car didn't report a problem since 28 January.
Stop worring, this is why tests are run. Begin to worry if it happens at the first three races as well...
“Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony!” Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Vanja #66

Gaara wrote: But wouldn't Alonso have an advantage going to the first race?
How so?
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

NathanOlder

89 laps around Bahrain is a considerable distance. So im not too worried, Also, am I right in thinking this gearbox is the same one that Nico used yesterday doing about 90 laps. That's over 3 race distances.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

mclaren_mircea
mclaren_mircea

CBeck113 wrote:
mclaren_mircea wrote:A gearbox problem means that's the end of running today for @LewisHamilton . A total of 89 laps completed today.

Stop worring, this is why tests are run. Begin to worry if it happens at the first three races as well...
I'm worring because I really want to be sure that we won't see another Vettel victory. Despite all the Renault problems, I'm very afraid by Red Bull bouncing back. Like James Allen if someone has extra 100 millions an 100 extra engineers to fix a problem, than it's Red Bull.
On W05 there are to many faillures. You can't say that this is testing if something is breaking every day. If you have moments when something breaks on the car is ok, it's part of the testing, but it's more then scarryt if that is happening every day.

NathanOlder

Vanja #66 wrote:
Gaara wrote: But wouldn't Alonso have an advantage going to the first race?
How so?

More familiar and more comfortable in the car I'd imagine.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

kooleracer
kooleracer

You are talking like Merc's testing so far has gone dreadfull, chill out with the drama m8. It could be a small gearbox issue. But with only 1:30hrs left maybe the mechanics would take 1 hour the fix it thats to much hassle for only 30 min of running, who knows. But mclaren_mircea you do know that all the teams are on track to find issue and to solve them. Nobody is running without having issues. There are 2 days left to find problems, if everything works on the last day without any problem then you have had a successful testing period.
Irvine:"If you don't have a good car you can't win it, unless you are Michael or Senna. Lots of guys won in Adrian Newey's cars, big deal. Adrian is the real genius out there, there is Senna, there is Michael and there is Newey.They were the three great talents."

NathanOlder

mclaren_mircea wrote:
CBeck113 wrote:

I'm worring because I really want to be sure that we won't see another Vettel victory. Despite all the Renault problems, I'm very afraid by Red Bull bouncing back. Like James Allen if someone has extra 100 millions an 100 extra engineers to fix a problem, than it's Red Bull.
On W05 there are to many faillures. You can't say that this is testing if something is breaking every day. If you have moments when something breaks on the car is ok, it's part of the testing, but it's more then scarryt if that is happening every day.
Mercedes have obviously had the least amount of problems of all the teams. These cars are so new, every team would love to run their car all day everyday of the 12 days of testing. Mercedes have been able to run the car longer, harder and faster. So to me, that says they have had less problems than the rest. If other teams had less problems, Mercedes wouldnt be topping the millage charts! Simple :)
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

Vanja #66

NathanOlder wrote: More familiar and more comfortable in the car I'd imagine.
Oh, we were talking about number of laps, not the difference in lap-times, my apologies... That's a bit more relevant, but definitely not a determining factor, in my opinion...
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie