Illegally flexing rear wings

Here are our CFD links and discussions about aerodynamics, suspension, driver safety and tyres. Please stick to F1 on this forum.
djones
djones

That doesn't move. It's just the light and shadows.

From what I can see anyway.

manchild
manchild

I coverted that film, enlarged, added reference lines but haven't seen much movement. I'm not sure if film includes last chicane to Tamburello staright because that is the best part of the circuit to notice anything.

GTO

I didn't any flexing at all.

Willis is trying to distract attention and pressure away from his team for looking like a mickey mouse outfit at the last race.

vyselegend

manchild wrote: I'm not sure if film includes last chicane to Tamburello staright because that is the best part of the circuit to notice anything.
No, if I'm not mistaken, the film shows from traguardo to the s/f line, with the two rivazza and variante bassa.

DeWDiver
DeWDiver

Take a closer look at the video

If anyone really looks closely at that video clip with the referece line, do you notice anything????

Well, the reference line is located atop the end plates in one shot, and it is not in the next. So although it looks like the center of the wing is deflecting down in the second clip, the whole wing has move in regards to the reference line. :wink:

The wing may not even have flexed at all. The camere mount on the other hand is a different story.

Just a close observation

Besides, if Ferrari or anyother team can meet the letter of the regs and design around them and the surface is not movable (by the driver or other mechanical application (computer controled)) then it is not a movable surface. It is just a highly refined aeroelasticly changing surface. It is even rigidly fixed per the reg (solidly mounted). Ferrari isn't the only team that does this, just the most scutinized and videoed.