The 2016 F1 WDC Title Dumpster Topic

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Restomaniac
Restomaniac

Re: The 2016 F1 WDC Title Dumpster Topic

Goran2812 wrote:Mercedes should sack Hamilton and make him drive for Marussia... :) He's the most sore looser I have ever seen! :D Rosberg is a gentleman when you compare him to Hamilton... lol
Indeed how dare he want to win the WDC. I guess you think he should know his place and just should have just handed it to Rosberg.
Paddy is that you?

RedNEO

Goran2812 wrote:Mercedes should sack Hamilton and make him drive for Marussia... :) He's the most sore looser I have ever seen! :D Rosberg is a gentleman when you compare him to Hamilton... lol
Lewis just proved your point about him. That was totally not cool how he spoke on that sky interview about rosberg.

Restomaniac
Restomaniac

RedNEO wrote:
TAG wrote:That freakish bad luck doesn't look so freakishly bad when Toto, Nikki and Paddy are all on tenterhooks watching the guy in back. Mercedes gets the results they pushed for. Least deserving WDC in modern history, but Nico is a WDC regardless; congratulations on that, by hook or crook, they all look just as impressive in the record books!

That Mercedes is one power house, Lewis moves into F1 aristocracy with his stratospheric results and records, can't fault his driving this year, today was a master class in controlling a race from the front.
The only thing freakish is how sour those grapes you just dished out were lol
You are aware Paddy Lowe pretty much confirmed it by pleading and crying over the radio right?

Restomaniac
Restomaniac

RedNEO wrote:
Lewis just proved your point about him. That was totally not cool how he spoke on that sky interview about rosberg.
No what point was proved was who Merc wanted to win the WDC. Check Paddy Lowe over the radio for details.

Shrieker

Wow, never thought I'd see people call a driver "dishonorable", "shameful" etc. for trying to win the fvcking title without breaking any rules. What a sad bunch of haters you are.

Hamilton's drive was a near masterstroke. He slowed down Nico enough in the last sector, but pushed hard enough in the first few corners so as to deprive him DRS... Except the last lap. On the final tour, Vettel was closer than the penultimate lap, but Rosberg got DRS from Hamilton for the first and last time during the race and that protected him from a sure overtake from Vettel. What might have been, had they come side by side proper. Rosberg probably would've yielded seeing that 3rd was enough anyway.

And that's why i said 'near'.
Last edited by Shrieker on 27 Nov 2016, 18:05, edited 3 times in total.
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

henra
henra

Restomaniac wrote:
bauc wrote:Congrats to Nico, well deserved
Well deserved? Let'sexplore that shall we.
Beaten 10 wins to 9
Beaten 11 poles to 8
Only need 5 engines to his team mates 8 (eight).
Yep totally deserved.
In which statistic do I find deserved/undeserved? Is there any sports where you have a deserved/undeserved scoring system?
No. It is similar to so many other areas in life all about results.
This categorisation may be an attempt by the butt hurt ones to reduce their pain but at the end of it Nico Rosberg is World Champion.
End of Story.
Get over it.

Hopefully next Year with Ferrari and RB in the Mix till the end of the season.

smellybeard
smellybeard

At least Nico did one thing better than Mick in 1994: he drove into his rival early on in the season (Spain) rather than at the last race. I'll remember it for that.

komninosm
komninosm

What is this (i read in chat) about selfie stick? ( Greek TV stopped at podium)

What did HAM say on SKY interview about ROS?

Funniest race radio goes to "Britney":
"...Maybe we can swap, and if he is still second at the end I will let him back past..."
LMAO

Shrieker

smellybeard wrote:At least Nico did one thing better than Mick in 1994: he drove into his rival early on in the season (Spain) rather than at the last race. I'll remember it for that.
Yeah... That was a crucial moment when you look at the points table. Though in hindsight, it has to be said Rosberg would've handled the last 4 races differently had that not happened.
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

Restomaniac
Restomaniac

Goran2812 wrote:
Restomaniac wrote:
Indeed how dare he want to win the WDC. I guess you think he should know his place and just should have just handed it to Rosberg.
Paddy is that you?
Did you not hear me telling him the instructions over the radio?! :)

Hamilton's ego is getting the better of him. It seems that you're a better sportsman and have a bigger fan base and particularry blind fanboy base if you play dirty. ;)

He lost fair and square, he should get over it and not be a pussy about it!
RedNEO wrote:
Like I said, sore looser and there's nothing more to add.
Just one more thing.
You're delusional. Beaten 10 wins to 9. Beaten 11 poles to 8. Given a superior car and sneaked the WDC by 5 points.

It seems the name Rosberg means tainted in German. Like father like son.

komninosm
komninosm

Shrieker wrote:Wow, never thought I'd see people call a driver "dishonorable", "shameful" etc. for trying to win the fvcking title without breaking any rules. What a sad bunch of haters you are.
Welcome to the internet.
Where men are men.
Women are also men.
And children are FBI agents.
:p

Seriously though, I agree with your second paragraph too.

Wynters
Wynters

Shrieker wrote:Wow, never thought I'd see people call a driver "dishonorable", "shameful" etc. for trying to win the fvcking title without breaking any rules. What a sad bunch of haters you are.
QFT.

Monaco, Spa, Austria, Spain... Hamilton backing his team mate up wasn't ideal, but it's not as if they collided or he deliberately sabotaged Rosberg's qualifying.

Senna, Prost and Schumacher all chose to ram their rival off the road rather than race.

If Hamilton was going too quickly for Rosberg to overtake, then how 'slowly' was he really going? Slow compared to his maximum speed? Obviously. But clearly not so slowly that the WDC could even get close enough to challenge him.

I was actually hoping that Hamilton would respond to Paddy with "I'd love to go faster, but I'm afraid my engine will fail."

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

Exactly, if Rosberg is such a worthy champion, why couldn't he, um, beat his team mate? After all, Hamilton was driving as slowly as the Ferraris and Rosberg still couldn't get by him. Great, clever driving by Hamilton even with the team begging him to speed up.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

nevill3

Wynters wrote:
I was actually hoping that Hamilton would respond to Paddy with "I'd love to go faster, but I'm afraid my engine will fail."

I would have loved that reply tooo :lol:
Sent from my Commodore PET in 1978

WaikeCU

Just_a_fan wrote:Exactly, if Rosberg is such a worthy champion, why couldn't he, um, beat his team mate? After all, Hamilton was driving as slowly as the Ferraris and Rosberg still couldn't get by him. Great, clever driving by Hamilton even with the team begging him to speed up.
"I'm approaching this final weekend, just like any other race weekend, which is going for the win."

-- Nico Rosberg
Bollocks!