2020 Austrian Grand Prix - Spielberg, 3-5 July

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
dren

Re: 2020 Austrian Grand Prix - Spielberg, 3-5 July

Just_a_fan wrote:
30 Jun 2020, 23:13
I won't be watching qualifying - UK pubs are allowed to open on Saturday and I shall be popping down to my local for a jar or two... =P~

Much better than trawling the web looking for a stream of qualifying. :lol:
You mean to tell me you're going to be celebrating our Independence Day in the pub with a few pints? :)

I've never heard a pint called a jar, is that common in the UK?

I own a brewery and we've been serving people for several weeks now in the US. I haven't seen anyone wear a mask. Rates aren't going up in our area and I don't believe the crap the media is spewing here, either.

Enjoy your new found freedom. I will be having some pints as well. I'll catch the quali replay on ESPN. I'm cautiously optimistic Red Bull will be strong here.
Honda!

NathanOlder

Sieper wrote:
02 Jul 2020, 13:30
Bill wrote:
02 Jul 2020, 12:41
Redbull only won in 2018 because Mercedes retired.
Mercedes missed the VSC pit opportunity and Redbull was altready way I front when the second Merc retired.

But it was Mercedes on a bad strategy when the VSC came out, which was caused by Bottas car I believe. So a Mercedes retiring, cost Mercedes a win, Bill was right. In a straight race, Merc had it covered. They were 5 seconds up the road in about 15minutes of racing.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

NathanOlder

dren wrote:
02 Jul 2020, 13:40
Just_a_fan wrote:
I won't be watching qualifying - UK pubs are allowed to open on Saturday and I shall be popping down to my local for a jar or two... =P~

You mean to tell me you're going to be celebrating our Independence Day in the pub with a few pints? :)

I own a brewery and we've been serving people for several weeks now in the US. I haven't seen anyone wear a mask. Rates aren't going up in our area and I don't believe the crap the media is spewing here, either.

Enjoy your new found freedom. I will be having some pints as well. I'll catch the quali replay on ESPN. I'm cautiously optimistic Red Bull will be strong here.
I think the 'Jar' term is an Australian thing.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

Sieper

There was no need to skip the VSC pit stop for Hamilton, they just made a mistake there. But the VSC was caused by Bottas, so the chaiN of events leading up to that mistake was indeed engine trouble and without that the strategy mistake would not have been made. Nor indeed would it have been possible to come to that. So in that regard Bill was right but I think I am right too in saying that the RBR team reacted better to the opportunity and took the win in that way.

NathanOlder

Definitely, RedBull made the right call.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

dren

NathanOlder wrote:
02 Jul 2020, 13:45
dren wrote:
Just_a_fan wrote:

Shows what I know! Thanks.
Honda!

Sieper

Jarhead! Us marines right?

NathanOlder

dren wrote:
02 Jul 2020, 13:59
NathanOlder wrote:
dren wrote:

Shows what I know! Thanks.
I could easily be wrong though, Its just I've only ever heard it in an Australian accent :lol:
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

dren wrote:

Reasonably common, I think, and certainly it's a term I've used / heard used for many years. 8)
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

NathanOlder wrote:

British, I think.

https://www.oxfordinternationalenglish. ... ish-slang/

Anyway, all very OT :lol:
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

RZS10

Are there close to 0 photographers at the track or why are there barely any pictures of the cars yet?

It's (late) afternoon on a thursday afterall, usually there were tons and tons of pictures already....
Last edited by RZS10 on 02 Jul 2020, 16:02, edited 1 time in total.

jumpingfish

RZS10 wrote:
02 Jul 2020, 15:26
Are there close to 0 photographers at the track or why are there barely any pictures of the cars yet?

It's (late) afternoon on a thursday afterall, usually there were tons and tons of pictures already....
Why 0? Fabrega has made some photos of Mercedes W11, you can see them in W11 topic

Wouter

And here the confirmation of the number of engine parts to be used this season
(number of races still unknown):

Unless he drives for more than one team (see 23.3(c) below), and subject to the additions described below, each driver may use no more than 3 engines (ICE), 3 motor generator units-heat (MGU-H), 3 turbochargers (TC), 2 energy stores (ES), 2 control electronics (CE) and 3 motor generator units-kinetic (MGU-K) during a Championship season. [...]

Should the number of races in the Championship drop to 14 or less, each driver may use no more than 2 engines (ICE), 2 motor generator units-heat (MGU-H), 2 turbochargers (TC), 2 energy stores (ES), 2 control electronics (CE) and 2 motor generator units-kinetic (MGU-K).

Should the number of races in the Championship drop to 11 or less, each driver may use no more than 2 engines (ICE), 2 motor generator units-heat (MGU-H), 2 turbochargers (TC), 1 energy store (ES), 1 control electronics (CE) and 2 motor generator units-kinetic (MGU-K).
The Power of Dreams!

PlatinumZealot

Just_a_fan wrote:
02 Jul 2020, 10:55
Dutch media click bait story to keep Max fans happy, it seems. On the W11 thread, it's said that the claim has been debunked already.
Yup. To keep the Maxi-pads dry and hopeful.

I wonder if English speakers do similar speculations when it comes to "our" drivers too?
Last edited by PlatinumZealot on 02 Jul 2020, 16:23, edited 2 times in total.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

☄️ Myth of the five suns. ☄️

☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️
LxVxFxHxN

PlatinumZealot

RZS10 wrote:
02 Jul 2020, 15:26

Yeah. I call it "Wings Wednesday" when I see all the front wing photos popping up and it's Thursday and not even any chassis shots.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

☄️ Myth of the five suns. ☄️

☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️
LxVxFxHxN