Mclaren Honda 2015

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
mclaren111

Re: Mclaren Honda 2015

I blame FA for this crash :!: :!:

It was a test day and he should have stayed clear of traffic in the first couple of laps :x :x :x :x

Thunder

Can't tell if serious or trolling..... (I hope it's trolling)
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

mclaren111

Fernando Alonso says "the crisis is over" at McLaren-Honda.
"I do not know if it will take two, six or eight races, but no more than that," Alonso added.
I will go with the eight + races (2016) :( :( :(

Jef Patat
Jef Patat

mclaren111 wrote:I blame FA for this crash :!: :!:

It was a test day and he should have stayed clear of traffic in the first couple of laps :x :x :x :x
You can't be serious? Do you expect him to 'test' during a race and not encounter another car?

This was an accident, as confirmed by the stewards, but getting a penalty for an accident caused by another team, common...

It seems like Fernando has swallowed some kind of 'bad luck magnet', this is starting to get unbelievable, he doesn't even get a chance at all.

iHpled
iHpled

I get your reaction. Thought same at first because the chance of getting points this week was minimal, so no point in racing. Im sure he was extra cautious at the start as he knows how valuable those mileages are. Nevertheless he had a great start and was fighting for p14 after two turns and had good run at Kimi. Who would have thought of Kimi losing the backend on the straight and taking Alonso with him :cry: . Just really unlucky.. Hopefully they will have problem free testing days and complete their program. Lets hope after the summer break the car is decent so we can see Button and Alonso fighting atleast for points and at the end of the season maybe with Ferrari and Williams [-o< [-o< [-o< , so we get our hopes up for 2016.

Thunder

#aerogollum

a1b2i3r45

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/formula1/33218459

Evidently it was kimi's fault. Mclaren will be bringing the aero package on wednesday on alo's car in a revised schedule.
So not much lost anyway.

mclaren111

Thunders: Can't tell if serious or trolling..... (I hope it's trolling)
Dead Serious !!!!

We need laps, laps, laps and more laps !! Chasing 14th at the second corner with 3/4 cars fighting for the same space is just irresponsible. Would have been very difficult to hold on to that position as well :x :x

Thunder

mclaren111 wrote:
Dead Serious !!!!

We need laps, laps, laps and more laps !! Chasing 14th at the second corner with 3/4 cars fighting for the same space is just irresponsible. Would have been very difficult to hold on to that position as well :x :x

But you did notice there was a Race going on at that "Test Day" aswell? I mean come on, of course we need Laps but that is just ridiculous. Who could have anticipated that Kimi just loses his Car on the Straight?
#aerogollum

mclaren111

The risk at the back of the field is always 10 fold more than at the front.

FA himself said this was to be a test. All he had to do was hang back for the first couple of laps to ensure he escapes those guys who think you can win a race in the first couple of corners :shock:

IMHO :wink:

Thunder

Let's agree to disagree then.
#aerogollum

Writinglife
Writinglife

Completely disagree with the notion of using Sundays as test days, I'd rather see Button and Alonso go out there and break the cars to pieces trying to get up the grid than seeing them being lapped and lapped as they trundle around doing prescribed laptimes. I'd rather them have 20-25 grid place penalties every race because they blew the engine to pieces trying to push their way higher up the grade. For me, it's more exciting to watch a plume of smoke emerge as they overtake the car in front then watch them finish the race in last place.

Vasconia

mclaren111 wrote:
Thunders: Can't tell if serious or trolling..... (I hope it's trolling)
Dead Serious !!!!

What do you pretend? just run behind the Manors just to avoid any problem? come on, this is about racing and the first lap is ALWAYS dangerous. And Button´s car showed that this is even more stupid if the PU doesnt show the slightest sign of reliability.

mclaren111

There is more at stake than one race where we are really not competitive.

This week's test program is now also badly hampered #-o

mclaren111

Now Vandoorne breaks the deadlock as he completes lap number 72 to move second behind Verstappen.
Great day at the office =D>