Mercedes AMG F1 Team 2012

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Ferraripilot

Re: Mercedes AMG F1 Team 2012

JET is very reserved isn't he. I am operating from the rumors floating around in the paddock as well as what current and former drivers who have seen W03 have to say about W03's prowess. And the word is it's quick. Very quick. While it's not a WCC or WDC contender, it's certainly going to give Mclaren and occasionally Red Bull a difficult time every once in a while.

Ferrari are were W02 was this time last year. Trouble, and of the fundamental type meaning I bet we see a rethink on the rear of their sidepods sometime this year and possibly the front suspension.

xpensive
xpensive

I have oddly enough decided to offer a reversed wager, if AMG don't win a race this year I'll eat that baclava!
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

JohnsonsEvilTwin

Ferraripilot wrote:JET is very reserved isn't he. I am operating from the rumors....
I'm going by the facts. And the facts at this moment in time are sparse in relation to performance. In fact some respected publications and observers have Force India ahead of Mercedes. Not that I believe that for a moment, but its possible.
xpensive wrote:I have oddly enough decided to offer a reversed wager, if AMG don't win a race this year I'll eat that baclava!
What brings the change of heart X? :D
More could have been done.
David Purley

marcush.
marcush.

I have the opinion that MGP has come a long way in the last months and this will culminate in fulfilled promise later this year.
My bet is both drivers will win and Schumacher will finish the season ahead of Rosberg in the points table.
I have to think about what to eat when this will not happen.

xpensive
xpensive

JohnsonsEvilTwin wrote:
xpensive wrote:I have oddly enough decided to offer a reversed wager, if AMG don't win a race this year I'll eat that baclava!
Simple, while the W02 had the attention to detail and workmanship of a Yugo, the closeups of the W03 are immaculate.

Ferraripilot

JohnsonsEvilTwin wrote: I'm going by the facts. And the facts at this moment in time are sparse in relation to performance. In fact some respected publications and observers have Force India ahead of Mercedes. Not that I believe that for a moment, but its possible.

Well, if you want to go by facts I'm sure you could dress the team down quite a bit more if you would like. It remains that several good drivers and knowledgable spectators have seen the car go, and believe it goes well. And the past couple years these same fellows have been pretty spot on regarding their pre-season assessments. The only ones keeping MB from third or possibly even second spot would be Ferrari, and I cannot see them pulling a Mp4-26-like magical transfiguration with F2012.

I'm afraid I'm with X on this one. If they don't win a race this year I'll fly out and eat the baclava as well, and I really don't care for the stuff.

Ferraripilot

xpensive wrote:
Simple, while the W02 had the attention to detail and workmanship of a Yugo.

LOL =D>

JohnsonsEvilTwin

Well looking at the Reliability of the McLaren and the Red Bull allied to their pace, Mercedes will not beat these 2 teams on pace alone.
A race with mixed conditions is Mercedes best hope and last year there were 2.
And Button won those...

I'm not pessimistic, just want to manage expectations. If Mercedes do win, Im going to film myself getting plastered on a bottle of 1 Euro Polish moonshine I got in Zakopane over christmas(circa 70% proof) and post the links with ensuing mayhem!

But I think Balaclava will be on the menu for you guys come the last race of the season, sadly. I'll wait till oz before making a final call.
David Purley

Pierce89

marcush. wrote:I have the opinion that MGP has come a long way in the last months and this will culminate in fulfilled promise later this year.
My bet is both drivers will win and Schumacher will finish the season ahead of Rosberg in the points table.
I have to think about what to eat when this will not happen.
In a race winning car, I don't think Mike would beat Nico over the season. I'm a firm believer, that in a winning car, that we would see a Nico of which we've never seen the likes before. I feel that if his confidence were to be unleashed Nico could race with the best, day in and day out. We've seen small flashes of absolute brilliance from Nico, which in a good car, he could show more and more.

Guess What? I'm Nico fan(both Nicos, actually) :D
“To be able to actually make something is awfully nice”
Bruce McLaren on building his first McLaren racecars, 1970

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher

xpensive
xpensive

xpensive wrote:
JohnsonsEvilTwin wrote:
Simple, while the W02 had the attention to detail and workmanship of a Yugo, the closeups of the W03 are immaculate.
What I'm saying is that the workmanship on the W03 is ample evidence that Bob Bell has kept his pants on.

Ferraripilot

JohnsonsEvilTwin wrote:Well looking at the Reliability of the McLaren and the Red Bull allied to their pace, Mercedes will not beat these 2 teams on pace alone.
A race with mixed conditions is Mercedes best hope and last year there were 2.
And Button won those...

I'm not pessimistic, just want to manage expectations. If Mercedes do win, Im going to film myself getting plastered on a bottle of 1 Euro Polish moonshine I got in Zakopane over christmas(circa 70% proof) and post the links with ensuing mayhem!

But I think Balaclava will be on the menu for you guys come the last race of the season, sadly. I'll wait till oz before making a final call.

You saw Nico's race sim right? The times were very competitive. Especially the third stint

JohnsonsEvilTwin

Yea I saw those times.

And I also saw The gap that Red Bull and McLaren would have had by the time Mercedes was banging in times that would compete(not beat) those of the teams ahead.

Better it is on the face of it, but winning it is not. I reiterate, come oz...I'll be drawn into making a call :D
David Purley

markc

I think it's important to establish exactly what is being eaten here:
Balaclava, or
Baclava?

The former is for keeping ones face warm / hidden while the latter is a Lebanese sweet pastry ;)

As I'm guessing the idea was to eat a hat of some description, I assume it's the former which is being wagered. A bet isn't worth placing unless it hurts if you loose!

Cocles

I'm predicting third place.

I also predict that if Schumi passes Vettel on merit, on the track, it'll be considered the pass of the season and race announcers across the world will lose their voices as it happens.

And finally, I predict that if Schumi wins a race, a montage of him doing it to this soundtrack will play before the next race:
http://youtu.be/ih89GCBkHmg?t=1m10s

Cocles

Nobert Haug: Third place for 2012, Second place for 2013, and the Championship in 2014.

http://formula-one.speedtv.com/article/ ... ntil-2014/