Bahrain GP 2012 - Sakhir

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
myurr
myurr

Re: Bahrain GP 2012 - Sakhir

His second run is no better and has been abandoned.

myurr
myurr

Hamilton 4th but lost time behind Massa.

Javert

Lost time in the 2nd sector: is McL creating less downforce than "stepped" nose rivals?
This car was flying in 2nd sector in Malaysia ...

myurr
myurr

I think they've just gone for the wrong setup. Hamilton's top speed is only 3kmph slower than the best.

WhiteBlue

McLaren don't seem to be favoured by the temperatures as we thought befor the race. In quali trim at least Merc and Red Bull look faster. But all of this can change when the temps shift more and Hamilton gets his act together.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

browney
browney

What was the reason to revert to the non-endurance circuit? Couldn't there be more chance of some mistakes for overtaking with some twisty stuff to set-up for in addition to the fast stuff and the nasty bump in the additional section?

There isn't usually a lot of overtaking here anyway.

astracrazy
astracrazy

because the that circuit was crap and provided nothing but a long boring race

WhiteBlue

browney wrote:What was the reason to revert to the non-endurance circuit? Couldn't there be more chance of some mistakes for overtaking with some twisty stuff to set-up for in addition to the fast stuff and the nasty bump in the additional section?
The drivers expressed a preference for the faster and shorter circuit variant.

Webber is setting the fastest lap times in race trim now.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

raymondu999

myurr wrote:It'll be interesting to see but if the rumours are correct that the car can be set up for balance either for the start or end of the stint as the rears wear more than the fronts, then it could just be that the setup is currently more biased towards the start of the stint and that they'll have to sacrifice a bit of that pace if they want to run well in the race.
I suspect in a circuit where the corner speeds aren't too dissimilar from each other (ie no fast and slow corners - Bahrain is almost entirely slow corners and hairpins) then setup could be well easier for them.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

sAx
sAx

myurr wrote:Hamilton 4th but lost time behind Massa.
+0.007s after S1, +0.511 as he closed in behind Massa in S2.

sAx
Integrity, Trust, Respect.

Follow me: http://twitter.com/#!/sAx247

Maelstrom
Maelstrom

The Mercs have had a good long run. Hopefully today and tomorrow's remaining session gives them enough information to correctly setup the car.

I also have a feeling that we'll be seeing RBR on the podium on Sunday. Hopefully it will be Webber.

myurr
myurr

raymondu999 wrote:
myurr wrote:It'll be interesting to see but if the rumours are correct that the car can be set up for balance either for the start or end of the stint as the rears wear more than the fronts, then it could just be that the setup is currently more biased towards the start of the stint and that they'll have to sacrifice a bit of that pace if they want to run well in the race.
I suspect in a circuit where the corner speeds aren't too dissimilar from each other (ie no fast and slow corners - Bahrain is almost entirely slow corners and hairpins) then setup could be well easier for them.
Quite possibly. It's been a bit of a strange session, watching the cars, with so many drivers locking the brakes. Hamilton looked pretty good on his long run as did the Red Bulls. Mercs looked strong but a little bit slower.

Look forward to all the press releases later today to see where the teams feel they are.

Ferraripilot

Michael running seriously quick in S1 then backed out of the lap during S3, S3. Schumacher pole appears to be possible if his tires are working for him. Merc heavy load pace looks good and I'm seeing Michael's times as quicker longer into the stint than Nico who definitely appears to be harder on the tires.

I can't be sure if RB have the quickest race pace or not but they certainly look very competitive. Mclaren haven't really shown anything yet is my guess. Button definitely appears to be having some balance issues though.

Maelstrom
Maelstrom

Ferraripilot wrote:Michael running seriously quick in S1 then backed out of the lap during S3, S3. Schumacher pole appears to be possible if his tires are working for him. Merc heavy load pace looks good and I'm seeing Michael's times as quicker longer into the stint than Nico who definitely appears to be harder on the tires.

I can't be sure if RB have the quickest race pace or not but they certainly look very competitive. Mclaren haven't really shown anything yet is my guess. Button definitely appears to be having some balance issues though.
I think things will be clearer in the last session tomorrow. Atleast the weather is constant. It will further show us how strong the cars are in comparision after China.

banibhusan

Another factor to play a major role is the drop in track temperature. That affected lot of teams in China, let's see how does it shape up the race in Bahrain.