2016 Malaysian Grand Prix - Sepang, 30th-2nd October

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Manjhi
Manjhi

Re: 2016 Malaysian Grand Prix - Sepang, 30th-2nd October

Expecting a close at the top 6 cars, then the next 5 cars will be competing for the points.

[-o< Plz Max do something silly with either raikkonen or vettel, we want entertainment.

My prediction :
HAM
ROS
RIC
VET
VES
RAI
PER
HUL
BOT
MAS

basti313
basti313

Manjhi wrote: [-o< Plz Max do something silly with either raikkonen or vettel, we want entertainment.
I am soooo waiting for an overtake Ham vs. Ves. But I think this will not happen tomorrow...I expect a clean getaway, maybe a little bit of drama in the first corner with one Bull and a Ferrari, but then boredome festival. I will record the race and watch it later to be able to skip a bit.
Don`t russel the hamster!

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

The Bull is simply not up for the task. The Merc is simply too mighty, so not gonna happen. If RB manages to overtake, it'll be due to pure tactics, probably making the undercut. Or the tires must go so far or a mistake. otherwise, not gonna happen squad.

Btw, Kvyat qualified in front of Sainz, after also finishing well into the points last race in singapore where Sainz was nowhere.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

RedNEO

Let the rain come down just after race start, I want a chaotic race after the dramaless Singapore

Wynters
Wynters

It looks like some combination of S-M-H for Merc tomorrow (although Hamilton has the option of S-H-H and he was fast on the Hard in FP, if I recall correctly). If Hamilton is leading at the pitstops and Nico is under sufficent pressure to get the first nod for tyres it might be fun to see just how much of an undercut he gets on the Medium whilst Hamilton tries to get the Hard up to temp.

Will be interesting to see if Ricciardo tries a S-S-H, could be fun.

Ferrari are stuck using a used set of either Medium or Hard. Can't see them closing on the Bulls during the race.

Of course, rain changes everything. I wonder just how effective the new drainage arrangements are...

foxmulder_ms
foxmulder_ms

The highlight of this qualifying was Kimi's radio message. It was sooo funny :D

Steven
Owner

As ever, we're chatting during the race at http://www.f1technical.net/live/
Please post your in-race comments there ;)

AMG.Tzan

The luck i was talking about at the last race...here we go again...unbelievable!
"The only rule is there are no rules" - Aristotle Onassis

Shrieker

Mercedes have FXXXED Hamilton over so hard this season...
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

Phil

Not for nothing, Rosberg's Championship is the only thing that lends credibility to Hamilton's recent success. Otherwise, he'd just be the guy who's had the best car. — bhall II
#Team44 supporter

dans79

This is ludicrous, either someone is sabotaging Lewis's car or Merc has some really incompetent people working in the engine department.
197 104 103 7

iotar__

Shrieker wrote:Mercedes have FXXXED Hamilton over so hard this season...
They FXXXED Rosberg 10x more last two seasons and comparably during this one (count Monaco, Canada and Spain since Hamilton is part of Mercedes). Instead of shouting I suggest counting points.

iotar__

dans79 wrote:This is ludicrous, either someone is sabotaging Lewis's car or Merc has some really incompetent people working in the engine department.
You are ludicrous - in both regards (Mercedes engine and sabotaging). Start counting points Mercedes and cheating FIA cost Rosberg, including this race. This and two previous seasons.

AMG.Tzan

iotar__ wrote:
dans79 wrote:This is ludicrous, either someone is sabotaging Lewis's car or Merc has some really incompetent people working in the engine department.
You are ludicrous - in both regards (Mercedes engine and sabotaging). Start counting points Mercedes and cheating FIA cost Rosberg, including this race. This and two previous seasons.
Hahahahahaa man you are drunk...when did FIA and Mercedes cost Rosberg points? The man was nowhere in the rain! And you'll have to remember 2014 when hamilton again had a whole lot of problems with his engines! And for 2015 except Monza there were no problems for either of them!
"The only rule is there are no rules" - Aristotle Onassis

a1b2i3r45

What a race !!! Pure Entertainment. Though, there should have been a safety car instead of VSC then the finale would be much more exciting.