2022 Alpine F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Alonsismo
Alonsismo

Re: 2022 Alpine F1 Team

diffuser wrote:
31 Jul 2022, 17:37
Alonsismo wrote:
31 Jul 2022, 17:32
ocon take alonso OUT of the track 2 times on the first lap

Alpine have to speak seriously with Ocon, this is nos acceptable.
Ocon is feeling the pressure. He's always in catch up mode against Alonso.
yes, but the pressure cant justify this

this was on the FIRST lap.

today alpine finished the race because Alonso is de cleanest driver ever.

diffuser

Alonsismo wrote:
31 Jul 2022, 17:39
diffuser wrote:
Alonsismo wrote:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FZARRhPWIAE ... ame=medium

Sorry if I gave you the impression that it was justified. It's not.

Alonsismo
Alonsismo

diffuser wrote:
31 Jul 2022, 17:41
Alonsismo wrote:
diffuser wrote:

oh no, sorry for my part.
i thought that i didnt explain well my previous message. :D

Redragon

diffuser wrote:
31 Jul 2022, 17:41
Alonsismo wrote:
diffuser wrote:

I think he might have thought he was secure for next year with renewal but he might actually at risk seeing his latest actions

diffuser

He did it again against Ricciardo, Blocked Alonso and let Ricciardo through.

In his mind he's fighting Alonso....

RedNEO

What’s worse nationalism or Nepotism? Stupid team bending the knee to nationalism to allow this tomfoolery all year… I almost want Alonso to leave them if this is what’s it’s going to come to.. fighting against minor positions. A title fight would be even more one sided than this., against there only World Champion

diffuser

RedNEO wrote:
31 Jul 2022, 17:49
What’s worse nationalism or Nepotism? Stupid team bending the knee to nationalism to allow this tomfoolery all year… I almost want Alonso to leave them if this is what’s it’s going to come to.. fighting against minor positions. A title fight would be even more one sided than this., against there only World Champion
I wouldn't presume the team is ok with what Ocon did. I also don't think it's as bad we're making it. Don't forget if Alonso doesn't get it wrong twice in Q3, he's ahead of Ocon. I will say that there was alot of luck in Q3 with the winds gusting as they were.

Also Otmar isn't Spanish or French!

RedNEO

diffuser wrote:
31 Jul 2022, 17:53
RedNEO wrote:
I wouldn't presume the team is ok with what Ocon did. I also don't think it's as bad we're making it. Don't forget if Alonso doesn't get it wrong twice in Q3, he's ahead of Ocon. I will say that there was alot of luck in Q3 with the winds gusting as they were.
Don’t act like if Alonso regularly out qualifies Ocon (which he has) this situation wouldn’t be any different. If you’re a smart team like McLaren or the leaders you would priorities your fastest driver not based on political flag wearing nonsense

draghixa
draghixa

Alonsismo wrote:
diffuser wrote:
Alonsismo wrote:

This move worth a five second penalty at least.

diffuser

RedNEO wrote:
31 Jul 2022, 17:57
diffuser wrote:
RedNEO wrote:
Don’t act like if Alonso regularly out qualifies Ocon (which he has) this situation wouldn’t be any different. If you’re a smart team like McLaren or the leaders you would priorities your fastest driver not based on political flag wearing nonsense
IMHO, that is old school thinking. Alonso was faster than Ocon and got passed him. Nothing wrong with letting them fight it out. What I disagree with is Ocon choosing the other team over Alonso and going dirty.

PlatinumZealot

This is how Ocon drives in battle. Very dirty. Only Magnussen outdoes him.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

☄️ Myth of the five suns. ☄️

☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️
LxVxFxHxN

Alonsismo
Alonsismo

Do Alpine really need Ocon for anything?

RedNEO

diffuser wrote:
31 Jul 2022, 18:06
RedNEO wrote:
31 Jul 2022, 17:57
diffuser wrote:

IMHO, that is old school thinking. Alonso was faster than Ocon and got passed him. Nothing wrong with letting them fight it out. What I disagree with is Ocon choosing the other team over Alonso and going dirty.
What you should be disagreeing with is Alpine choosing Ocon for a 4 year contract based off a race where not only Alonso was faster but he made an Ocon win possible. Ocon isn’t the driver they think he is but never in my life have I seen that length contract be given for a fluke win.. lucky he’s french in a french team or he’d be no better than Gasly

Bisonas

Alonsismo wrote:
diffuser wrote:
Alonsismo wrote:

And this is how close it came to hit the sign at turn 5. I know the outside of turn 5 its a risky place to try and overtake, but again, Ocon acted like it was no one there.

Ocon let Hamilton through trying to block Alonso at the start and let Ricciardo through again trying to block Alonso after his pit stop. He obviously feels the need to not let Alonso make him look too bad. He is playing catch up all weekend to Alonso, and this is happening way to often.

He is trying to get hints from Alonso on how to go faster on one lap, playing catch up, but race pace and race craft as i said the other day, its a completely different thing. Takes years to master. Yes the swapping of cars was a team order but it was a very deserving one.

The faster Alpine needs to be ahead. End of story. The margins with Mclaren are minimal and they need to maximize the results. They can not afford the slower Alpine holding back the faster Alpine. If 4th place is secured let them do what ever they want. Alonso had the chance to outrace Norris, Ocon didn't. Everybody knew it. The engineers know which Alpine is the faster car. I can't say that he would outrace Norris for certain, i am just saying he was the only Alpine with a pretty good chance of doing it.
Last edited by Bisonas on 31 Jul 2022, 18:32, edited 1 time in total.

Kamel
Kamel

The one pit-stop strategy from Alpine starts to annoy. The team always hoping for rain, pace car.
Any news about aerodynamic updates?