2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
SICK AL SPEEDSHOP

Re: 2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

I'm not online daily here @ NAPI10 and that's is my second account here because I forgot the PW of my first one and our admins could not help to get the other one active again. I follow F1 and many other motorsport categories for 36 years now and check the technical section here for updates most time over a race weekend but I'm offline most time.

Whatever, this was a reason to log in again because I have zero understanding why many (not all) try defend Alonso and blame Russell. I checked the situation frame by frame and left my point of view now. I would prefer and fair end of the race so both drivers would earn respect for great racing. The final decision is a FiAsco and Alonso has big luck he has not been punished correctly and got some points. I would lile to see the foot / pedal camera so it would be absolutely clear to everybody. Even the hardcore ALO fans. Also Mike Crack didnt stand behind Alonsos move and I'm sure he gives him some serious fire behind closed doors.

Alex_Z
Alex_Z

SICK AL SPEEDSHOP wrote:
24 Mar 2024, 16:59
Alex_Z wrote:
24 Mar 2024, 15:27
Fair penalty. It's nice to see Alonso finally being punished for his dirty moves. Lying about throttle issues as a cover up just sums him up, poor sportsmanship as usual.
I agree with you 100%. First he is lying like a little kid then he comes up with another version because he would like to try a different angle in last lap and finally says "everyone would do the same"..? That is totally crazy and insane and he should be disqualified and banned for next race! I read on another page that somebody would ban him for 3 to 5 races for this dangerous kind of driving. George had only two options. He could crash into Alonso so both were out but at 280 kph he lost a lot of downforce into the highspeed corner and lost control and came back to the middle of the track where he could be hit with 250 kph! What if there were some other drivers behind George and would crash too? Would they disqualify Alonso then? You can see in the data that Alonso goes 100% off of throttle and hits the brakes with 100% of pressure at the same time for a few hundreds of a second to cause this situation and confuse the driver behind him. Over 20 years of experience but sometimes he acts worse than an amateur or playstation gamer. With this causing of a very dangerous situation he lost all my respect. So far I did not hear or read that he is sorry just that he had some worries because he know he is responsible for this reckless move. He blew his chance away to get a seat at MGP next year too finally. Am glad George is ok and noboby got hurt or killed which could easily happen with an 250 kph impact.
Yep. Lying, cheating and unsportsmanlike conduct is Alonso's forte unfortunately - don't expect him to apologize its unlike him to admit faults. A race ban or two would have been thoroughly deserved since Alonso has previous for pulling this dangerous life threatening move. Regarding the Mercedes seat, he never had a shot at it. There are plenty of younger and faster drivers who are more deserving, namely the race winner. He's not getting another win never mind a WDC, while Russell will be a WDC in the coming years.

Alonso Fan

The throttle issue is actually a real thing I was watching the onboard of alonso and after the bit where Russell crashed alonso had throttle issues and it got worse as the time went on. VSC only saved him from being overtaken I think. Last lap was terrible throttle vibrations

Whether the incident with Russell is a result of that I doubt it.

But those who say alonso made up the throttle issue to cover up his deliberate action are ignorant of the onboard footage

5 sec penalty would be in line with other similar and worse infections. 10 seconds in line with the new escalated penalty system this year. 20 is a bit harsh Imo
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

Sound Developer for Reiza Studios
Sound Modder for Assetto Corsa

Alonso Fan

Alex_Z wrote:
24 Mar 2024, 18:08
SICK AL SPEEDSHOP wrote:
Alex_Z wrote:
Fair penalty. It's nice to see Alonso finally being punished for his dirty moves. Lying about throttle issues as a cover up just sums him up, poor sportsmanship as usual.
I agree with you 100%. First he is lying like a little kid then he comes up with another version because he would like to try a different angle in last lap and finally says "everyone would do the same"..? That is totally crazy and insane and he should be disqualified and banned for next race! I read on another page that somebody would ban him for 3 to 5 races for this dangerous kind of driving. George had only two options. He could crash into Alonso so both were out but at 280 kph he lost a lot of downforce into the highspeed corner and lost control and came back to the middle of the track where he could be hit with 250 kph! What if there were some other drivers behind George and would crash too? Would they disqualify Alonso then? You can see in the data that Alonso goes 100% off of throttle and hits the brakes with 100% of pressure at the same time for a few hundreds of a second to cause this situation and confuse the driver behind him. Over 20 years of experience but sometimes he acts worse than an amateur or playstation gamer. With this causing of a very dangerous situation he lost all my respect. So far I did not hear or read that he is sorry just that he had some worries because he know he is responsible for this reckless move. He blew his chance away to get a seat at MGP next year too finally. Am glad George is ok and noboby got hurt or killed which could easily happen with an 250 kph impact.
Yep. Lying, cheating and unsportsmanlike conduct is Alonso's forte unfortunately - don't expect him to apologize its unlike him to admit faults. A race ban or two would have been thoroughly deserved since Alonso has previous for pulling this dangerous life threatening move. Regarding the Mercedes seat, he never had a shot at it. There are plenty of younger and faster drivers who are more deserving, namely the race winner. He's not getting another win never mind a WDC, while Russell will be a WDC in the coming years.
That's the forte of all great drivers. Senna and Schumacher included.

Russell is going nowhere in that Mercedes. They're clueless on how to design a good car to these regs. Alsnso doesn't want that seat. He'd be stupid to go after it
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

SICK AL SPEEDSHOP

I agree again @ Alex_Z, already written to Toto I want to see George and Carlos at MGP next season.

Here is a video where it clearly shows what I said about throttle and brake.

diffuser

SICK AL SPEEDSHOP wrote:
Alex_Z wrote:

Coming into that corner Alonso on average was travelling at 280 KPH and would brake down to 210-215KPH. I don't understand why Alonso braking would be a surprise or dangerous. He did it for all the previous laps. Russell, was coming in over 290 KPH into that corner for the last 5 laps. He was also braking at that corner, not sure why we'd be surprised by that. In fact on lap 54 Russsel's braking took him down to 205 KPH. It's kind of weird to penalise Alonso for doing on lap 57 what Russel did on lap 54.....In this case Alonso knew that Russell was trying to anticipate what Alonso had been doing coming out of that corner to be able to pass him down the straight. So what does Alonso do ? He changes up his braking a little bit to screw with Russell's timing of getting on throttle coming out of that corner. Russell see's Alonso's deviation, of braking 5 Kph slower than he had, and reacts but looses the back end. To say that Alonso Brake tested Russell in a braking zone is weird. Yep, that's what we do when we hit a corner, we brake.

Life in the fast lane. It's not the lead drivers responsibility to make sure the trailing car is using a line that's in or not in dirty air, it is the opposite. One of the tools a leading driver has to defend is to use dirty air. This isn't preschool.

RoadRep
RoadRep

SICK AL SPEEDSHOP wrote:
24 Mar 2024, 18:19
I agree again @ Alex_Z, already written to Toto I want to see George and Carlos at MGP next season.

Here is a video where it clearly shows what I said about throttle and brake.

Brake telemetry shown on the video is not based on percentage. It's ON/OFF. Braking 100% in an F1 car when he did... Well I think you know what would have happened.
If you read the FIA document you see where they say that the amount of braking was not the cause of the decceleration. It was the lifting.

diffuser

I'd be surprised if they appeal. Prior to the accident, the best case scenario for AMR would have been that if Russell hadn't passed Alonso. AMR would have ended up with 12 points, with Merc getting 6. With the way things finished, AMR still got 12 points with an added bonus of Merc having 0. Win/Win in my opinion.

KimiRai
KimiRai

Alonso Fan wrote:
24 Mar 2024, 18:13
The throttle issue is actually a real thing I was watching the onboard of alonso and after the bit where Russell crashed alonso had throttle issues and it got worse as the time went on. VSC only saved him from being overtaken I think. Last lap was terrible throttle vibrations

But those who say alonso made up the throttle issue to cover up his deliberate action are ignorant of the onboard footage

5 sec penalty would be in line with other similar and worse infections. 10 seconds in line with the new escalated penalty system this year. 20 is a bit harsh Imo
He was given 20 seconds instead of the now baseline 10 seconds because there was an "aggravating circumstance". In my opinion the aggravating circumstance being someone who ended up as a commentator because he was not a world champion.

MichaelxScarn
MichaelxScarn

KimiRai wrote:
24 Mar 2024, 19:10
Alonso Fan wrote:
24 Mar 2024, 18:13

He was given 20 seconds instead of the now baseline 10 seconds because there was an "aggravating circumstance". In my opinion the aggravating circumstance being someone who ended up as a commentator because he was not a world champion.
This exactly. Russell just doing Russell things, like in Singapore last year.

Alonso Fan

diffuser wrote:
24 Mar 2024, 18:46
I'd be surprised if they appeal. Prior to the accident, the best case scenario for AMR would have been that if Russell hadn't passed Alonso. AMR would have ended up with 12 points, with Merc getting 6. With the way things finished, AMR still got 12 points with an added bonus of Merc having 0. Win/Win in my opinion.
i dont think they have grounds to appeal. if alonso told the FIA that the throttle issue is why his car slowed down and the slight break and shift down was an instinctive reaction by him then maybe he would have got off without a penalty. but he told them he messed up the entry and wanted to take it slower for a better exit. he basically has no feet to stand on. and an appeal requires new evidence to even be considered

no idea myself if he did it to throw russell off on purpose or it was the throttle issue or if he genuinely wanted to try something different and russell was an innocent casualty lol
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

maygun
maygun

around 0:19 mark, now something is wrong with the battery as well :D

Sedaxel
Sedaxel

Russell is showing the world, race by race, that he's a mediocre driver. I totally thought he was special... But I think I was wrong. I still hope to see him improve, but time is going on and he's not getting better. Maybe some day he'll be WDC, but I think that, if that happens, it'll be because he'll drive the best car. Otherwise, I don't see him managing the pressure as a champion should.

Regarding AMR appealing, it's not a big deal. Little to win, and really not easy to fight stupidity (Herbert & co).

Trolls who state that ALO is garbage: they appear each time there is something they think they can use against ALO. That happens not often because of the mastery of ALO, who has nothing to prove. He's more than proven, with facts, that he's one of the best in history. Just hilarious people... Laugh a little on them, and get back to serious matters.

ALO_Power
ALO_Power

Alonso done a mega job capitalizing on all situations to clinch that P6. We know that Aston at the moment is struggling a bit with race pace and deg and on a track that's full of deg, managed to gain a lot positions (especially if we consider than on the start he lost another 2 with the hard compound).
This brake check thing is just drama from the anti-Alonso drama queens that been waiting for too long after alo's great comeback streak from last year.
Also, from the video posted above we can see that even with this messy braking the minimum speed on that braking phase was very similar in both lap 57 and 58.
As I said, Russell wasn't even close enough to be able to talk about brake checking (let's remember Baku 2017 and Saudi Arabia 2021 for real brake checks???)
Everything got just overdramatized because Russell just lost the car. If he kept the car on track he would have an easy pass on Alonso few meters after.

ALO_Power
ALO_Power

Very interesting brake check ye, Russell sliding already while Alonso is still quite some distance ahead :lol: