German GP 2011 - Nürburgring

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
zeph
zeph

Re: German GP 2011 - Nürburgring

Lorenzo_Bandini wrote: Alonso was in front of Hamilton with a great in lap and great pit stop.. But Alonso tyre was cold and he can't hold his first place.
Agreed. I meant with Massa.

HampusA

They did good pitstops with Alonso though and was probably some of the faster pitstops of the day.
The problem was they choked with Massa when it really counted.

Look out for Ferrari in warmer climate. The car is good on brakes, traction and now high speed sections aswell which you could see between Massa and Vettel.
The Ferrari seemed to have excellent turn-in aswell.

And to think their car is "horrible" in cold conditions i think Ferrari are the happiest bunch when leaving Germany,
The truth will come out...

Poleman

Traction wrote:Well done Lewis...great race....well done Mclaren, they have certainly found something in the upgrades!

Back to the drawing board for RB, they need to catch up. Let's see what they come up with. Vettel still leads the WDC...yet it still feels like a long way to go...great fourth Sebastian.
Traction my memory still serves me well so i remember that you claimed Hamilton drove a pathetic 4th place in Silverstone.How come today Sebastian has a great (non deserved) 4th place? =D>

Enough with the Vettel and RB glasses. 8) :lol:

PlatinumZealot

Great race! The best of the season for me. There were so many lead changes and there were all so close right up to the end! Spectacular!

Seems Hamilton's aggressiveness is a good quality to have because if he didn't out muscle Webber and Alonso he would be 3rd.
I was so nervous in the race because it was obvious the Mclaren was punching above its weight when on the softs, they were barely hanging on because of the 1st and third sectors and with a little help from traffic. I was so relieved as soon as the mediums came on, knowing the Ferrari takes longer to heat them up and RBR simple missed the plot.

Great win by the BOSS, one the few times where a driver overtakes for his win. That gives him 2 wins of the season.

As per Webber... he needs to sort his clutch out.

Alonso, I am just glad he doesn't drive a RedBull! lol

Vettel.... hmm I don't know what to say. I think he was under the home race pressure compounded with his set up troubles. He just don't know how to find his way on this track. (Chicane again?)
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

☄️ Myth of the five suns. ☄️

☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️
LxVxFxHxN

Traction

Poleman wrote:
Traction wrote:Well done Lewis...great race....well done Mclaren, they have certainly found something in the upgrades!

Back to the drawing board for RB, they need to catch up. Let's see what they come up with. Vettel still leads the WDC...yet it still feels like a long way to go...great fourth Sebastian.
Traction my memory still serves me well so i remember that you claimed Hamilton drove a pathetic 4th place in Silverstone.How come today Sebastian has a great (non deserved) 4th place? =D>

Enough with the Vettel and RB glasses. 8) :lol:
That I did..your memory serves you well.I stand by my statement. Based on the race that Vettel had today he should have been even further down...like 10th or something...he was crappy today...
Last edited by Traction on 24 Jul 2011, 16:31, edited 1 time in total.
Generally I don't care about what people say. I have to be clear with myself. When everything goes well, people celebrate you, when you make mistakes people criticize you.
Sebastian Vettel

Paul

A great race indeed- had it all. Pure racing at first, strategy and tyre management later.

wesley123
wesley123

I really enjoyed the race, incredible performance from Hamilton. I was in constant fear of that something went wrong, I thought their first stop just ruined his race, but the second stop came out okay and the third stop was simply brilliant. I simply even laughed when Alonso came in front of it thought 'Hey, this went out well' and then Hamilton passed him brilliantly areound the outside in T2. At first I just thought that when he did the 3rd stop it would come out pretty bad for him, but the timing was just perfect and after that he just went really well. Incredible race by both Hamilton and Alonso. I must say Massa drove a decent race too although his last stop gave away 4th place. Vettel was really really bad today, he was nowhere!
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

Shrieker

That was a thoroughly enjoyable and hard fought race. It looked like there wasn't even an inch between the top 3 especially in the first two stints. Hamilton on cold tyres fending off an attack from Webber(that was hard and almost fair btw) and the next lap in the same place doing Alonso round the outside was pure [fill in the blanks].

Vettel had a bad day at the office bu still landed in 4th place. I wonder what would've happened if the outside of the corner where he spun off was gravel trap (instead of run off area) like it used to be in the old days; when mistake meant a dnf.
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

zeph
zeph

I agree that Hamilton was pure awesome today, but I don't think Alonso could have fended that off. He just rolled out of the pit lane on cold tires, and I think it would have been a collision if he had tried.

The way Hamilton gave Webber a little nudge was borderline, but otherwise he showed great form today and totally deserves the win.

Morteza

The best race of the season for me so far. I really really enjoyed it. Hamilton and Alonso were on fire today. I knew Webber would ruin his start again. He has to learn how not to waste a pole position. Great result for Force India as well with Sutil finishing 6th ahead of both Mercedes cars. Massa also showed greatness with holding Vettel behind, but his well-deserved 4th place was ruined with that last pit stop.
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

ringo

I would say webber had a great race as well. To be up there at the front holding on to Hamilton and Alonso, exhcanging blows was pretty good.
Webber was vindicated from his poor start when he took the lead after the pitstop.
The only thing that messed him up today is that he didn't follow lewis into the pits.

Webber was better than Vettel today, by far. The ferrari was the fastest car out there today bar the outlaps. Webber did his best.

As for the race, this is what i like to see, lead changing every 3 laps.
The BOSS trading blows with Teflonso, overtaken then taking back the lead before first corner.
best race of the season. =D> Rather dry races like these over wet wacky ones.
For Sure!!

Gaara
Gaara

kakogohrena
kakogohrena

HampusA

zeph wrote:I agree that Hamilton was pure awesome today, but I don't think Alonso could have fended that off. He just rolled out of the pit lane on cold tires, and I think it would have been a collision if he had tried.

The way Hamilton gave Webber a little nudge was borderline, but otherwise he showed great form today and totally deserves the win.
I don´t know about that really. Hamilton believe it or not have huge respect for Alonso. He won´t exactly make room for Hamilton.
And it goes both ways really. Alonso knows Hamilton and what he can do.

Hamilton/Webber from my point of view never touched.

HampusA

Alonso pretty much summed up Ferrari and their pace.
"But even with the difficulties we are second and fighting for victory, so this is a fantastic achievement. Second in Valencia, first at Silverstone and second here.

"With three different rules, three different maps, we were constantly first and second on three different circuit and with different temperatures, so with all these conditions we saw consistency that put us in a good position to enjoy this final part of the championship."