2016 Malaysian Grand Prix - Sepang, 30th-2nd October

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
adrianjordan

Re: 2016 Malaysian Grand Prix - Sepang, 30th-2nd October

Shrieker wrote:Mercedes have FXXXED Hamilton over so hard this season...
Have to agree. Rosberg may well win this championship now, but very few people would call it a fair fight due to just how many car failures Hamilton has had.

On the other hand, I struggle to believe that Rosberg won't have some kind of problem in the remaining races. If he doesn't and Hamilton somehow manages to win it then Hamilton would have to be pretty pleased with himself!!
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

Phil

Just wait for it, the race aint over yet. I am half expecting both redbulls to collide and Rosberg will win this one too!
Not for nothing, Rosberg's Championship is the only thing that lends credibility to Hamilton's recent success. Otherwise, he'd just be the guy who's had the best car. — bhall II
#Team44 supporter

atanatizante

Seeing Lewis`s incident someone could put these questions:
1. Why the factory team - Merc - always has these failures?
2. Why always Lewis has to have them, at least this year ?
3. Is there something to do with those mechanics/technicians that they were at Roseberg`s side of the garage last year?
"I don`t have all the answers. Try Google!"
Jesus

Mattyw
Mattyw

has Rosberg actually overtaken Hamilton on track this season?

A championship being decided by reliability over race craft is pretty poor

Phil

Wasnt he using a relatively [Hamilton] new engine anyway? You'd think so, after taking 3 new engines in Spa...
Not for nothing, Rosberg's Championship is the only thing that lends credibility to Hamilton's recent success. Otherwise, he'd just be the guy who's had the best car. — bhall II
#Team44 supporter

a1b2i3r45

Phil wrote:Just wait for it, the race aint over yet. I am half expecting both redbulls to collide and Rosberg will win this one too!

They are running in formation, not taking risks with engine, brakes. If there were a safety car instead of VSC then kimi and Ros would have been all over them, a 4 way battle for victory and also Alo could pressure bottas who is on a wayy long stint.

AMG.Tzan

atanatizante wrote:Seeing Lewis`s incident someone could put these questions:
1. Why the factory team - Merc - always has these failures?
2. Why always Lewis has to have them, at least this year ?
3. Is there something to do with those mechanics/technicians that they were at Roseberg`s side of the garage last year?
But the thing is even with this mechnics swap they did...i don't remember Rosberg having so many problems like Hamilton! Even in 2014 they were pretty even in respect with engine problems! Maybe they are Rosberg fanboys and wan to sabotage Hamilton :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
On the race front...Ricciardo MUST win this!! [-o<
"The only rule is there are no rules" - Aristotle Onassis

dans79

Phil wrote:Wasnt he using a relatively [Hamilton] new engine anyway? You'd think so, after taking 3 new engines in Spa...
I'm pretty sure he was.
197 104 103 7

atanatizante

Now Lewis has to win the last 5 races if he wants to win this championship, isn`t it?
And why not? He`s suffered enough and it`s time to shift the luck on his side from now on, don`t you think?
"I don`t have all the answers. Try Google!"
Jesus

adrianjordan

atanatizante wrote:Now Lewis has to win the last 5 races if he wants to win this championship, isn`t it?
And why not? He`s suffered enough and it`s time to shift the luck on his side from now on, don`t you think?
This!! Will be a sight to see if he can do it!!
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

dans79

By my rough math Lewis needs to win 3 of the renaming races, and finish in front of Nico in the other 2 to take the championship, assuming no more engine penalties.
197 104 103 7

Shrieker

@adrianjordan,

Who's to say Hamilton won't have another failure...
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

matt_b
matt_b

Never like to see wins handed on a plate because of reliability but Danny Ric is such a nice guy and its a chance to see a very sweaty schuey.

alexx_88
alexx_88

I know a lot of you are Hamilton fans, but did anyone stop to consider that maybe Rosberg manages the technical side better? Conspiracy theories are nice, but I highly doubt that the Mercedes board is run by kindergarten children who pay a driver tens of millions, just to sabotage him. Not to mention the crap they'll get from their UK market. We've seen hints of this in Baku, Singapore, I just think that this formula, where the driver needs to manage the technical side as well during the race suits Rosberg more than Hamilton. I mean people were already planning Rosberg's demise when they banned driver coaching, whereas we've seen the exact opposite.

Mattyw
Mattyw

Lewis calling conspiracy

'Only my engines of 8 Mercedes cars, something just doesn't feel right'